The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 9:07 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnG:
[B] Anymore info on these challenges ? 20/20 ? 50/50 ?

Thanks
J

John

US would not match my DL/PM status - offered a comp to USGold with a bump to Chairman's if I flew 20K miles or 20 segments in 90 days - I completed in less than 60 days. and was immediately elevated to CP status through 2/04.
Simply contact the US Dividend Miles Service Center to request - you'll need to fax current statement & elite card.

UA would not match DL/PM status - comped Ms. GC to PremExec and put her in a 50K mile or50 segment challenge over 6 months to reach 1K status - she'll reach it this month. It will be good through 2/05. Contact UA Premier Status Match in Tucson and fax request.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Am in the process of trying to comp a CO gold elite over to a UA premier executive. Haven't heard anything yet (still early), but maybe they're either swamped with requests or are holding off to do the ones for 2004. Hope it comes through soon, as there's a trip or two in 2003 I might do with them if they do it right away.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:21 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
Useful thread.

LX (Swiss) comped me Travel Club Silver status, against my AA Executive Platinum. They even faxed a letter to me so I could gain lounge access for an imminent trip. Now they're joining OW, a comp probably wont be so simple....

Old Oct 9, 2003, 10:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
Useful thread.

LX (Swiss) comped me Travel Club Silver status, against my AA Executive Platinum. They even faxed a letter to me so I could gain lounge access for an imminent trip. Now they're joining OW, a comp probably wont be so simple....

</font>
do you have the lx contact info 777? i have a lx flight comming up (zurich to tlv) and i would like to be able to use th elounge.
thanks
Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by azmmza:
do you have the lx contact info 777? i have a lx flight comming up (zurich to tlv) and i would like to be able to use th elounge.
thanks
</font>
See The End of Swiss TravelClub FFP

------------------
View from the Wing: A blog about Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FC_Dave:
Starwood - Will match Hilton</font>
Starwood will comp HH Diamond to SPG Plat; nothing else at all.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickW:
Starwood will comp HH Diamond to SPG Plat; nothing else at all.</font>
Sorry = since I am HH Diamond I cannot speak for the lesser levels, It was the easiest comp received so I assumed it went the same down the line
Old Oct 10, 2003, 7:38 pm

More info on HOTEL matches would br appreciated.

BTW, great thread thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 7:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by writetorich:
More info on HOTEL matches would br appreciated.

BTW, great thread thanks.
</font>
Starwood will comp to SPGold on DL/PM status or if you have an AMEX Platinum Card.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 8:44 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I was comped from US Gold to UA Prem Ex in Dec, 2003. The alliance was already in place, but things may have changed. I think anti-poaching would be formalized within *A when US joins.

The speed of matching was suprising. I faxed in my US statement late in the evening. The next afternoon I checked my UA account and I was Prem Ex. It may have helped that I was already UA Prem with 40+ k elite miles in my account.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:11 pm

Who has received a Status-Match to 2005???
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:55 pm
Suspended

I will be moving to the UK next year and was thinking of a status match with BA. I am SEN on LH, with just over 100K status miles in the past year - half of them are revenue C fare. Would BA match me or am I better picking a different ow carrier to get matched? AA? QF?

My flights will be back and forth to North America and also within Europe. Might be an Asia or a S. Pacific, but no guarantees.

------------------
Friends don't let friends fly Air Canada.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 8:50 pm

Hyatt will match Hilton Gold (mid tier) with Hyatt Diamond (top tier)

Faxed my Hilton statement to 402-593-9449 in January.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Still haven't heard anything from United on my gold-to-PremEx comp request from CO. No changes on the Web, yet, either. Don't know if it's specific to my request or if they're just backed up. Any recent experiences with turnaround time? Am looking to book a dead-of-winter Europe trip for January.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:07 pm

[

Would BA match me or am I better picking a different ow carrier to get matched? AA? QF?

My flights will be back and forth to North America and also within Europe. Might be an Asia or a S. Pacific, but no guarantees.

[/B][/QUOTE]
It is my understanding that NO gets a status match from BA or QF!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.