Reload this Page >

The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1P, USAIR Gold, HP Gold, AS MVP(G), Best West Dia, Mexicana Exec, AA Nada
Great way to get some miles

I know this should be posted elsewhere, but I read mostly here. Haven't seen any news on phonehog lately so I tought I would remind people. I went there, got a VIP membership 9.99 per month. Racked up 13000 minutes in a long night of cliking and filling in info. Transfered for 7800 AS miles. Caution you have to get some spam 3-4 emails per week and give credit card for trial offers. Be sure to cancel within trial period. Cost me 9.99 for VIP and of course 29.99 for points.com which gave me a nice 2500 AS miles bonus. 10300 miles for 40 bucks, .004 cents per mile. Here is a link. http://www.phonehog.com/

Last edited by flipside; Jul 24, 2006 at 2:13 pm Reason: Removed referral link.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:15 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
You also posted this in the Alaska forum...
Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by jwking
Sent an email to via the Marriot rewards website inquiring as to potential status match from HHonors Diamond .... The demand for Gold and Platinum Elite benefits is very high at hotels, and not all Gold and Platinum level members can be accommodated on every stay.
So what is this high level of benefits at the gold and platinum level. For staying 50+ nights you get gold and get lounge access on Monday-Friday stays or a free breakfast and you get a guaranteed room type. And a few extra bonus points.

I can not understand what is the big deal there. I would think they should jump at the opportunity to lure someone from staying at Hilton and switching their stays to Marriot. No?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1P, USAIR Gold, HP Gold, AS MVP(G), Best West Dia, Mexicana Exec, AA Nada
Originally Posted by bursa
Yah did that after figuring out how to post a new thread. Sorry
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:44 am

Programs: bmi Gold, Onepass Silver, Virgin Silver
Virgin Flying Club

Having requested a match from SA gold, they have given me a silver card and put me on a fast track to gold. Needed statement and card confirmation faxed or e-mailed.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:59 pm
GYK

Programs: United Million-Miler, SPG Gold
Will hotels (starwood, hyatt, hilton, marriott) status match if they matched you once already? About 3 years ago, they matched my status, but I've since fallen back. Same question about airlines.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: E75K, Fairmont Platimum
I am an Elite member of Air Canada's Frequent Flyer program.

Are there any status matches available for me with US-based airlines?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: MP
Is 520 881 4458 still a correct fax# for UA MP status match requests? What should I expect them to give me for AA Gold? Would a printout from AA website work as a proof of status? (Don't get paper statements anymore -- it is all electronic now.)
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:17 pm

UA status match

Originally Posted by v1rok
Is 520 881 4458 still a correct fax# for UA MP status match requests? What should I expect them to give me for AA Gold? Would a printout from AA website work as a proof of status? (Don't get paper statements anymore -- it is all electronic now.)
I just sent them a copy of my AA statement. They do not acknowledge for about 1 month or so with a cheesy email, but my upgrade posted in about two weeks. I used this fax number 520-881-2889
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by v1rok
What should I expect them to give me for AA Gold?
I wouldn't expect anything more than Premier, which is the equivalent of Gold at AA (25K level).
Old Mar 13, 2005, 5:05 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by bursa
... which is expressly forbiden in FT. What the heck is wrong about doing that? He saw a good deal, posted it in Buzz and Alaska. What should we do to him? Let's fry him alive in olive oil!

Those who have been around for less than 4 months should check themselves prior to posting jabs at people.

CF
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:16 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
... which is expressly forbiden in FT. What the heck is wrong about doing that? He saw a good deal, posted it in Buzz and Alaska. What should we do to him? Let's fry him alive in olive oil!

Those who have been around for less than 4 months should check themselves prior to posting jabs at people.

CF
Actually, here's a quote from the terms & conditions:
"
Duplicate Posts

Duplicate posts take two forms:

* Identical posts placed on more than one discussion thread. Many participants in our community are very frequent visitors and weeding through the same message in multiple locations can be frustrating, and downright annoying. Good online manners dictate that you don't post the same message more than once. The online word for posting the same message in multiple locations is "spamming." We don't allow that.
"
I know I've posted twice in different threads a couple of times, so it's not really a big deal and I'm not trying to attack anybody because of that. Actually I think it's good for people to post good deals in both places b/c some FTers don't check some forums. I guess my original post turned out to be a little meaner than I thought, and I'm sorry if anyone's offended...IMHO I shouldn't have posted that originally. And what's wrong with frying in olive oil?
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
American Airlines Platinum elite members used to be able to get free Gold status at Starwood Hotels. Do any of these status matching airlines offer that type of reward. I am very interested in getting free status at hotel chains through this process. Please let me know if you are familiar with any programs like this?

Thanks
MB
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:04 pm

I think US Air and know for sure Gold Starwood at AWA

Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
American Airlines Platinum elite members used to be able to get free Gold status at Starwood Hotels. Do any of these status matching airlines offer that type of reward. I am very interested in getting free status at hotel chains through this process. Please let me know if you are familiar with any programs like this?

Thanks
MB
Old Mar 19, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the info.

I couldn't find anything on the US Air website
AWA only offers an expedited track to SPG Gold. 5 stays instead of 10.

I'm not just looking for SPG status. Any hotel change will work.
Anyone else have good info on this?

MB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.