The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta BIS DM
I faxed my comp request to United (moving from Delta) at 8pm. 10am the following morning I had Premiere Exec status.

Impressive turn-around!!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:27 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Talking

Originally Posted by neatbrian
I faxed my comp request to United (moving from Delta) at 8pm. 10am the following morning I had Premiere Exec status.

Impressive turn-around!!
Well, mine took them 24 hours but I now have Premier Executive. This is so cool. Finally, I am StarAlliance Gold without flying 50K Miles on them.... It will be useful to use their lounges in Asia where SkyTeam costs more or does not have economic route to fly.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
US took 36 hours ^, but I'll cut them some slack in case they're understaffed because they're tight on cash . I figured a US match right now would be a great way to get Start Gold and E+ on United without "using up" a status match from an airline I'd likely want one on in the future.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
AA Gold -> US Gold Preferred

Faxed in a letter and copy of my AAdvantage Gold card and was comped within 24 hours!
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by RxCapt
Faxed in a letter and copy of my AAdvantage Gold card and was comped within 24 hours!
US comped you up a level ? [Between programs from lowest elite to mid tier elite]

Last edited by everywhere; Jan 26, 2005 at 12:35 am
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:42 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
US comped you up a level ? [Between programs from lowest elite to mid tier elite]
Yes.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
AS status match to NW PE and AA EXP

A fax to Alaska to the number near the beginning of this thread yielded MVPG based on photocopies of my NW and AA cards. The match took 18 days, which I suspect was due to the MVPG request instead of a simpler MVP request.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: NH DIA SFC (*G), JL JGC (OW Sapphire), AMEX PLT, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold
JAL Global

Hi,

I live in the UK and I'm a JAL Global Club member. I'm interested in flying *A in the future.
Would anyone know which *A airlines would comp me to *Gold?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2005, 4:14 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk Nippon_UK,
This depends on how you earned JAL Global Club [which tier you are in the Mileage Bank?], how often you fly, what classes you purchase etc.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
US matched status, but downgraded...

I am AA EXP and NW PE (top tier on both airlines, both valid until 2/2006, both fully earned). I asked for top tier US (CP), and got Gold instead. Took two full business days to process the request.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed, as I do have the possibility of pushing 50K-100K+ BIS their way this year.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by 925
I am AA EXP and NW PE (top tier on both airlines, both valid until 2/2006, both fully earned). I asked for top tier US (CP), and got Gold instead. Took two full business days to process the request.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed, as I do have the possibility of pushing 50K-100K+ BIS their way this year.
I believe that you will be able to get US to give you CP status if you do a little work. There is a thread going on now in the US forum (do a search for "carole" and you'll find it) that has contact info for a great person at US who should be able to help you. Sometimes just following up with the airline is enough to show them that you are truly interested in them. Other times, you'll have to show them that you've already booked some travel on them and more will come their way if they give you top tier.

I find it strange that US would not jump at a chance to give CP status to an AA EXP and NW PE. Contacting Carole should fix things. Once you're CP, things are great. The CP line is fantastic and can work magic when things go wrong.

Good luck.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by johnep1
I believe that you will be able to get US to give you CP status if you do a little work. There is a thread going on now in the US forum (do a search for "carole" and you'll find it) that has contact info for a great person at US who should be able to help you. Sometimes just following up with the airline is enough to show them that you are truly interested in them. Other times, you'll have to show them that you've already booked some travel on them and more will come their way if they give you top tier.

I find it strange that US would not jump at a chance to give CP status to an AA EXP and NW PE. Contacting Carole should fix things. Once you're CP, things are great. The CP line is fantastic and can work magic when things go wrong.

Good luck.
I recently faxed Carole Blazer at 1-336-661-8216 .
Old Feb 5, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Could a person conceivably earn status on one airline and then status match every other airline in the world to be elite in everything? Do airlines match promotional status (i.e., challenges, giftings, matching matched status)?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by bursa
Could a person conceivably earn status on one airline and then status match every other airline in the world to be elite in everything? Do airlines match promotional status (i.e., challenges, giftings, matching matched status)?
Most likely no. But what they don't know cannot hurt them...
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Use status matches strategically

Keep in mind that each airline and hotel generally allows one status match in your lifetime. You want to request the match in the year when you will truly benefit from it - and it is unlikely that you can effectively use multiple air or hotel comps the same year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.