FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2005, 2:06 pm
johnep1

Originally Posted by 925
I am AA EXP and NW PE (top tier on both airlines, both valid until 2/2006, both fully earned). I asked for top tier US (CP), and got Gold instead. Took two full business days to process the request.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed, as I do have the possibility of pushing 50K-100K+ BIS their way this year.
I believe that you will be able to get US to give you CP status if you do a little work. There is a thread going on now in the US forum (do a search for "carole" and you'll find it) that has contact info for a great person at US who should be able to help you. Sometimes just following up with the airline is enough to show them that you are truly interested in them. Other times, you'll have to show them that you've already booked some travel on them and more will come their way if they give you top tier.

I find it strange that US would not jump at a chance to give CP status to an AA EXP and NW PE. Contacting Carole should fix things. Once you're CP, things are great. The CP line is fantastic and can work magic when things go wrong.

Good luck.