Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2004, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by truc0011
I see several threads on AA about not accepting UAL status matches anymore, does anybody know a good way to get status on AA? I am NWA Gold, and UAL Prem Exec....

Thanks.
If you book a reservation through certain selected travel agencies by October 30 on any of the following routes, you can probably get AA to status match UA -

SFO-BOS, SFO-JFK, SFO-ORD, SFO-LHR
SJC-NRT, SJC-ORD, SJC-LHR

Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by 925
Is the UA match good thru 2/2005 or 2/2006?
depends when you do the status match, certainly anything done after 11/1 will be through 2/06... but for matches before then, i'd ask in advance!
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by benjoe
Will CO comp Plat, if you are an AA ExPlat? Or will they make you do some sort of challenge. Thanks.
CO will comp plat, but only if you can register a pulse.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks

Originally Posted by gleff
CO will comp plat, but only if you can register a pulse.
Finding a pulse is the hard part.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:45 am

Programs: CX MPC
Comp Cathay Pacific MPC Silver

Anyone know which airlines might comp Cathay Pacific (Marco Polo Club) Silver? Particularly interested in Northwest or KLM.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 8:36 am

Does anyone know if LH still comp BA Gold and how you go about getting them to do this? Phone/email/fax/letter?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 2:09 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thinking AA? Compare to your program's upgrade fees

If you are considering AA, check the AA forum for threads on AA's upcoming/pending upgrade co-payments, what F/T'ers think about them, etc. AA's next AAdvantage newsletter may shed some light on it too, but several F/Ter's have gotten a jump on the "news." You'll see quite the range of posts--some note the business needs of AA, some are not affected by the new fees, some thinking of leaving AA because of them. Think of the kinds of flying you do and how you use your miles (ex. using miles for award tickets vs. using miles for upgrades so you can earn miles for the flights, etc.) And, it might be one of those things to hold off on briefly to see how the dust from this settles.
Just my $0.02.

Okay, so another $0.02--after noting threads here on how to "match" elite AA levels....if you're considering AA, and can actually "fly" the airline, you've still got time to call AA C/S (it's nowhere on aa.com) & do an AA "challenge", for Gold and mabye even for Plat, esp. if you've got business and/or Christmas/Thanksgiving/leisure travel coming up. Again, scope out the AA forum on it.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by 925
Is the UA match good thru 2/2005 or 2/2006?
I just received confirmation by e-mail yesterday. It is good until Feb. 28, 2006.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:39 am
Suspended

I'm not sure if anybody ever been comp to US airways, but anyways........

I have a friends who is an EXP with AA, will US Airways match AA EXP with their top tier?

Thankyou,
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:23 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
gleff, one you missed in the "not ever comping" column is Qantas. The are very similar to BA, the only chance would be if you control the corporate travel policy and spend over (I think) $250K in corporate travel spend.

Many have asked over at the QF Forum, everybody is disappointed with the consistant answer we give...
Old Oct 22, 2004, 6:21 am

Qf WP you nearly gave me a heart attack!!

When I saw that you had posted I thought that maybe just maybe QFF had C=MP=D someone!

I dare not even spell the word!

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 26, 2004 at 3:27 am
Old Oct 22, 2004, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CryptKeeper
Does anyone know if LH still comp BA Gold and how you go about getting them to do this? Phone/email/fax/letter?
No, that status match promo (was UK only) is over.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by TANBOY90274
I'm not sure if anybody ever been comp to US airways, but anyways........

I have a friends who is an EXP with AA, will US Airways match AA EXP with their top tier?

Thankyou,
I am pretty sure they would.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:50 am

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
Talking

I faxed US Air asking for comp to Chairmans Preferred since I am Premier Executive 1k on United. Just received confirmation today that are going to comp with no travel requirements. The status is thru 02/2006. Looks like they really want the business.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up NWA Gold Elite

Just received this status match based on AS MVPG and UA PremEx---through FEB 2006. They first comped it through FEB 2005 , I wrote a quick response that this would not give me any incentive to fly NWA and they replied to extend it through 2006 NWA will surely see my business now--see ya UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.