Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Updated with Frontier matching info, thanks to the latest MilesLink newsletter and reminded to do so by seeing the info on pgary's website.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:37 am

Two questions

I am 20 and I have been a premier/premier exec with United for over 12 years. Anyway to get lifetime Premier exec, and for my parents to get lifetime 1K

Do we have any information on Cathay Pacific. I am very interested. This is exciting stuff keep it up

BUMP BUMP BUMP it up
Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HKBong:
I am 20 and I have been a premier/premier exec with United for over 12 years. Anyway to get lifetime Premier exec, and for my parents to get lifetime 1K</font>
Really a question more appropriate for the United forum... but United gives lifetime Premier Executive status after one million "butt in seat" miles. Miles have to be on United or United Express. 500 mile minimums count. But flights on partner airlines do not.

United doesn't have lifetime 1K status.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 2:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chemist661:
I just got comped AA Plat from UA 1K. I will be putting my new AA status to use. I will be flying AA to the London DO this coming weekend. I like upgrading intl using miles on even the lowest published fares. </font>

Lucky dog!!... I tried to get comped from 1K and they sent a postcard challenging me to fly some ridiculous amount in Q1 04. So in the can it went!
Old Nov 30, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Does anyone have an alternate email for Mexicana? I have tried the one on this post (also same one on mexicana.com) but keep getting a failed bounceback - any body have an address that works?
Old Nov 30, 2003, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ANDREWCX:
Does anyone have an alternate email for Mexicana? I have tried the one on this post (also same one on mexicana.com) but keep getting a failed bounceback - any body have an address that works?</font>
Try [email protected]
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:57 pm

Anyone have a guess how long it will take NW to tell me to pound sand after I sent them my plea? I figure with my AA Gold expiring and the move to MSP I'd see if I could sell my soul for some status.

------------------
Help! I've fallen in status and I can't get up.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
The experience of my friends and colleagues is that NZ will entertain comps from QF especially if your travel is either trans-tasman or to LAX. They weren’t too fussy on fare class (i.e. back of the bus on discount fares was OK) just wanted to see a reasonable amount of business that may come their way. The Airpoints people weren’t too cluey as to what a comp was – but a well set out letter, with the request and some evidence of flights on QF received a fairly prompt (and indeed favourable) reply.

A number of years ago – I did some temping for JAL in their Sydney office and spent a couple of weeks doing data entry for the FF. One of the envelopes I opened was a request for a comp from ANA (at this time NH were serving SYD). I passed it on to the head of the department who in turn sent a message to head office. HQ came back and authorized the comp … The rest of the grunts doing the legwork in the department weren’t too clever on how things operated but the team leader later told me that she was authorized to match status for very frequent flyers and was to send a message to HQ for anything else. She said that she always requested it via HQ regardless of what sort of comp request it was (just to be safe I think – the whole office was paranoid about making a decision that was later frowned upon) but had yet to deny any request. This was however, a number of years ago so needs to be taken as being somewhat dated.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:40 pm

I received the following Email from Frontier today:
"Frontier would like to thank you for being a valuable customer! This summer and fall have been our most successful ever -- with record sales and record passenger numbers. Your support has made this possible! To show our appreciation we want to give you 2000 bonus miles when you book and travel by January 31, 2004. If you have not flown us lately, check out what Frontier's unique service has to offer: Affordable and Flexible Fares with no advance purchase requirements DIRECTV service on Airbus flights Advanced Seat Assignments Online Check-in Frontier's friendly customer service! We would also like to announce the launch of Frontier's "Quick Ascent" program. If you are an Elite level member of another airline's frequent flyer program, we want you! For a limited time, we are waiving the 15,000 mile criteria and will make you an EarlyReturns Ascent member immediately. Ascent level benefits include:

Priority check-in and boarding

Priority security lines at most airports

Complimentary DIRECTV service on Airbus flights

Preferred seat assignments online

Exclusive Frontier and partner offers We are also including a limited time bonus offer with this program. You can earn 5000 bonus miles for each flight (up to 15,000 bonus miles) for flights taken by January 31, 2004. That is a free flight after flying just three round-trips! How can you take part in the "Quick Ascent" program? It's easy! Simply send in your Name, EarlyReturns number, and most recent other airline statement showing your Elite status for 2003 to [email protected] or fax in a copy of your other airline statement to (720) 374-4375 (attn:Quick Ascent). We will then upgrade you to the Ascent level. Remember, at Frontier Airlines it only takes 15,000 miles to earn a free ticket anywhere within the US and 25,000 miles to Mexico. For a limited time, flights to Mexico can be redeemed for only 15,000 miles beginning December 1, 2003. Best of all, there are no blackout dates!

Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:28 am

I am requesting that American match my UA 1P status with AA Platinum. Here is the text of an email from the AAdvantage service desk indicating the criteria for receiving a match. Note that it appears that you must have already requalified for the status for which you are requesting a match (though the language isn't terribly clear).

Hello Mr. [Mikey likes it],

We're here to help, and I appreciate your giving me the opportunity to
assist you.

We appreciate your interest in becoming an AAdvantage elite member and
hope to be able to accommodate your request. Considering your status
in United Airlines' Mileage Plus program, it is easy to understand your
desire to participate at a comparable level in the AAdvantage program
without having to meet the mileage requirements. Once you have become
accustomed to traveling with elite status, it is hard to give it up!
On the other hand, for our elite programs to function as intended, we
must limit the membership to a small percentage of our customers. We
do not make exceptions arbitrarily, but we are certainly willing to
consider your very reasonable request.

AAdvantage Platinum status is the highest level we would offer under
the circumstances. So that we can make our decision, please provide us
with validation that you have flown at least 50,000 Premier Qualifying
Miles or 60 Premier Qualifying segments. You may submit a copy of a
recent printed UA frequent flyer summary, showing your preprinted name
and address. Or, you may submit a screen print of your 2003 online UA
mileage summary, plus a copy of your UA membership card. In either
case, please be sure that the YTD Premier Qualifying Miles are at least
50,000 or the segments at least 60. If you have not yet achieved these
totals, please wait to submit the requested materials.

Bold mine for emphasis.

Please send us your request, along with this documentation, and we will
give it every consideration. Our address is:

American Airlines
AAdvantage Platinum Department
P.O. Box 619688
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9688
FAX: 817-963-7882

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. I hope you will
continue to favor us with your business.

Regards,

[AAdvantage Rep]
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines

[This message has been edited by Mikey likes it (edited Dec 02, 2003).]
Old Dec 4, 2003, 7:19 am

AA had matched me 2 years ago
Old Dec 4, 2003, 8:39 am

Does anyone know if VS will comp gold for a UA Premex?

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2003, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RustyC:
I got my UA materials this week, with the standard form letter (dated 11/3/03) and the card good through 2/04. No clue anywhere whether they're intending to extend the comp through 2/05. Would think so, based on info in this thread (otherwise I'd have to repeat the process come March, I'd guess).</font>
I have had the same thing happen. My letter from UA was dated 11/15 and indicated that they were comping through 2003. That isn't enough time for me to qualify for 2004. There was no indication about the comp being good in 2004.

If anyone had a similar experience at the end of 2002 I would appreciate it if you would let us know what your experience was.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I was told today by two different agents at AA Customer Service that AA has discontinued all status match programs effective December 1.

They offered me the Challenge instead.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 8:22 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
I was told today by two different agents at AA Customer Service that AA has discontinued all status match programs effective December 1.

They offered me the Challenge instead.
</font>
Can anyone else confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.