The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by johnep1
I believe that if you are comped plat with NW and don't qualify for silver the following year, you will be dropped to dirt. If you actually qualify for plat and then don't fly much the following year, they drop you to gold.

After two weeks, NWA comped this AA PLT to NWA Gold, but only until 2/05. Does anyone know what the status will be after 2/05? Will it be Silver until 2/06 or dirt?
Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tinnub
After two weeks, NWA comped this AA PLT to NWA Gold, but only until 2/05. Does anyone know what the status will be after 2/05? Will it be Silver until 2/06 or dirt?
This happened to me as well....after I contacted a WorldPerks supervisor via email that a match til Feb 05 would be of no benefit she extended it until Feb 06, just contact them. ^
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:58 pm

Does anyone know which US FF programmes match British Airways Exec Club and BMI Diamond Club golds?
Old Dec 1, 2004, 8:35 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Has anyone done a real comparison for elite benefits lately? I am in PIT and just starting to research if I should make a switch from US next year (Chairman) to CO, DL, NW, or AA?

I really like the US upgrade policy, but there longevity makes me a little nervous..............
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Does anyone know which US FF programmes match British Airways Exec Club and BMI Diamond Club golds?
United will. Just make your case with the BA gold and not the * Alliance/BMI status.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tinnub
I'm a UA 1K and got comped NW Gold unitl 2/05. The letter I got in the mail said that since it's so late in the year, they'll comp me another Gold level through 2/06.

Take a look at the letter you should receive in the mail. It might say the same thing it told me.

Good luck.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Last year around this time I had qualified for 1P on United with around 50K BIS and another 30K bonus EQM. I mailed my statement of to AA hoping for a comp. I was enrolled in a slightly modified plat challenge. Needless to say, I stuck with UA and still have not set foot on an AA aircraft. I wonder why I was denied. I am not a high rev passenger, so maybe that had something to do with it. This year I have 62K BIS and 40K bonus EQM. I always liked the idea of having elite on two different airlines (hedge your bet type thing) but if AA wouldn't comp me, dont know who would.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
United will. Just make your case with the BA gold and not the * Alliance/BMI status.
What level will United comp you to? 1K?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
What level will United comp you to? 1K?
Generally speaking, 1P.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gleff
Generally speaking, 1P.
Yes. USAir on the other hand.... [Well, it won't be in business necessarily for too long.]
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
On the subject of US.. I'm going to finish up the year as a GP and plan to try to get UA to comp me to Premier Exec. Has anybody done this recently? Think it will work? I used to be a Premier for a number of years, and most of my travel is already on UA....

Thoughts?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by noah
On the subject of US.. I'm going to finish up the year as a GP and plan to try to get UA to comp me to Premier Exec. Has anybody done this recently? Think it will work?
Not a chance. The only *A airline that UA will comp is AC.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I mailed my statement of to AA hoping for a comp. I was enrolled in a slightly modified plat challenge. Needless to say, I stuck with UA and still have not set foot on an AA aircraft. I wonder why I was denied.
There might be very rare exceptions, but I don't think AA comps anyone any more - they only do challenges.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There might be very rare exceptions, but I don't think AA comps anyone any more - they only do challenges.
I don't mean to disagree but I personally know of two people who were recently comped to platinum to match their status with UA.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Not true

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I recently got comped with AA (for the second time). Was comped a couple of years ago, denied last year, and now comped again. Both times its to AA Plat (for UA 1K). Haven't received card yet but AA.com shows Plat status and mileage credit for recent flights show Plat bonus.

I've been flying AA more recently, so maybe they factored that in the comp this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.