The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I'm just about to get Freccia Alata status in Alitalia's MilleMiglia scheme (SkyTeam Elite Plus, 75K elite mile qualification level). I'm slightly wary that Alitalia might disappear down the tubes at some point in the next 12 months, so I'd like to find a Star Alliance or oneworld airline that will comp me on the basis of my AZ status (I don't believe that SkyTeam carriers will comp each others statuses) and keep my options open.

I'd ideally want to get Sapphire in oneworld or Gold in the Star Alliance, I think.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 23, 2004, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
After inquiring recently with United's Mileage Plus, I received the following response:

"Hello Mr. GJS - yow,

Thank you for contacting us.

Normally, we do not offer any Elite Status Matches for any of our Star Alliance members, in this case Air Canada. However, effective as of September 2nd, we do now offer status matching with Air Canada.

To be considered for our Elite Status Match promotion, please forward your name, address, account number, e-mail address and a copy of your most recent summary from Air Canada that shows your name and your current status with them. You may send this information to the Elite Status Match desk by fax at 520-881-4458 or you may write to:

Mileage Plus
Attn: Elite Status Match
P.O. Box 28871
Tucson, AZ 85726-8871

Thanks for choosing United and Mileage Plus!"

I sent in my Aeroplan Elite/Star Alliance Gold evidence, and a few days later my Mileage plus account was Premier Executive!

Thanks again to all who share their experiences on FT.
I sent in my AC Elite details last Friday...

... logged in today to see my account changed to Premier Executive ^ ^

This means so much to me, as I have a grand total of 2,000 paid flown miles during 2004 (due to redeeming miles for most longhauls) but would have despaired to travel without status this year, when I expect to be flying a lot more again.

Thanks GJS - yow for posting this excellent particular information (about UA comping AC). I *heart* FT!
Old Dec 24, 2004, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Originally Posted by gleff
Generally speaking, 1P.
Not sure if this in line w/ the topic... I talked to UA directly about status match from AS. Because AS Gold only requires 40K & I had 43K miles they said I would only be matched to premier, if I had 50K they would status match me to premier executive (or whatever they call their second tier).

A MR ANC/EWR has put me over the 50K and now I am trying to decide who I am going to apply to this year for status match. UA is tops on my list as I will probably actually fly them because 1) they are *A & 2) their blankets are plastic wrapped. (AS' blankets are skanky.) Oh yah, and they offer amaretto on their flights ^

Alison
Chugiak, AK
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:19 pm

Faxed AA EXP and AS MVPG credentials to UA on the 23rd, was comped to PremEx today. Time to start thinking about those Asia Do's.....
Old Dec 28, 2004, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by AlisoninAlaska
Not sure if this in line w/ the topic... I talked to UA directly about status match from AS. Because AS Gold only requires 40K & I had 43K miles they said I would only be matched to premier, if I had 50K they would status match me to premier executive (or whatever they call their second tier).
I don't mean to doubt what you said, but it must be the case that this "rule" only applies to AS (and maybe a few others). I mention this because for example, I just received a comp to UA 1P from AC Elite, which only requires 35k miles per year.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:57 am

misunderstood post

Last edited by TaterSalad; Dec 28, 2004 at 12:18 pm Reason: misunderstood post
Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LessO2
I'm a UA 1K and got comped NW Gold unitl 2/05. The letter I got in the mail said that since it's so late in the year, they'll comp me another Gold level through 2/06.

Take a look at the letter you should receive in the mail. It might say the same thing it told me.

Good luck.
My letter from NW said the same thing (I was AA PLT). I'm GLD until the end of the 2005 program year, although I will likely be PLT long before that time comes.

I've already booked three roundtrips for the first two weeks of 2005. I'm tired of flying ERJs through ORD and it's nice to be able to use DL and CO when I need to. I've upgraded my AMEX card from Gold Rewards Plus to Platinum for the lounge access as well.

--Rich
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:17 pm

Trial Elite

Thanks for the great advice on this thread. I just set my dad up with HP's Trial Elite program. He is going to be a lot of traveling coast to coast and I wanted to get him the benefits of elite early. The info on the post was invaluable to making this happen.

I just sent in a request to US for matching Gold status. Even if they do go BK, it will still give me acess on the Star Alliance airlines for at least a year. I figured it was worth burning the one time request given what is going on at US.

I prefer the elite perks over the miles, so I figured that it was not a bad move.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
NW must not be giving anything. I have sent two letters asking for match to Silver till March 05. I have heard nothing not even an e-mail. I am plat on AA in Dallas. You would think NW would love to have me. I buy Y and B tickets. I am within 48 hours of booking two trips to NRT. I guess I can earn the miles the hard way but it would be nice to get some type of reponse back from NW.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mach92
NW must not be giving anything. I have sent two letters asking for match to Silver till March 05. I have heard nothing not even an e-mail. I am plat on AA in Dallas. You would think NW would love to have me. I buy Y and B tickets. I am within 48 hours of booking two trips to NRT. I guess I can earn the miles the hard way but it would be nice to get some type of reponse back from NW.

I have received no response from NW either.

I wonder if those kind folks "in the know" could see if the fax numbers offered at the beginning of the post are still correct for a status match.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Another data point....

I took my HP Gold status over to UA and was comped to 1P (Premier Executive - mid tier) status. I sent an email to Mileage Plus requesting the status match and they responded asking me to fax a copy of my most recent HP statement to the center in Tucson. I faxed a copy of my online account summary from HP, a short letter explaining my desire to fly UA for long haul and international, and a copy of the email that MP sent to me on Monday 1/3. I logged into my MP account today (Sunday) and found my status updated to 1P (changed since yesterday).

... the fact that I have 25,000BIS miles scheduled for January may have helped
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Fast status match from UA Mileage Plus...

Thanks to everyone for the helpful info found in this thread. I faxed my AAdvantage Platinum info over to the UA Mileage Plus service center on Friday and this afternoon when I checked on UA account it now says I'm Premier Executive! I was very surprised to see them turn this around so quickly. ^
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:19 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Would/could CO give me Silver Status based on getting Gold from the AA Gold challenge?

Anyone ever been bold enough to request status match inter hotel-airline, ie. I intend to fly to the US a lot over the next few years, & I currently have large hotel bills & appropriate status, but no airline status as not worth the expense getting it here in the Uk - but if any US airline comped me, I'd go with them all the time.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
NWA got back to me. I was given Silver thru FEB 2006. I just booked 2 more trips on them. Will make Platnium by summer 05. It was about 3+ weeks for them to respond to my faxes. No e-mail just a letter in the mail FYI
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:00 am

Programs: LH HON+
does anybody know if Hilton Honours compes any Airline FFs? I am *G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.