Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by azepine00
Does anyone know if this is indeed the case?
I am particularly interested in UA matching my AA PLT.
Thanks!
A UA status match (to AA status) done in September of 2003 was good through this past February (2005).
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Does anyone know if this is indeed the case?
I am particularly interested in UA matching my AA PLT.
Thanks!
I helped my dad get a match from NW to UA 2P earlier this month, and the confirmation email he received from UA on July 13 (five business days after faxing his NW statement) reads:

Dear Mr dillard8's dad,

Congratulations! You have been awarded
Premier status in the Mileage Plus Program!

This status recognizes your importance to United,
and will make your travel with us easier and more
rewarding than ever.

You will receive your 2005 Premier card in 4-6 weeks. Until then,
simply present your Mileage Plus account number to enjoy all the
benefits of being a Premier member.
And for details about the Premier program, visit www.united.com .

This promotional status will be effective until
February 28, 2006
. To maintain the status, you have
to fly 25,000 paid flight miles or 30 paid flight
segments on United, United Express, United Shuttle
or our Star Alliance partners within a calendar year.

We hope you will travel with us often, and
experience the exceptional service and style
reserved for our Premier members around the world.

Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Enjoy your
Premier membership!

However, when he actually received his membership kit, it is clearly valid through 2/07, not 2/06.

Last edited by dillard8; Aug 4, 2005 at 7:26 am Reason: I stand corrected. Despite the confirmation email stating that the matched status would be good until 2/06, upon receipt of the membership kit is is clear that it is instead good through 2/07.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Anyone know of any airlines that would match airtran elite status?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, Hertz PC, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan SE
UA to AC Status Match Failed.
I figured I'd give it a try, but didn't get any satisfaction.
I am *A Gold, UA Premier Exec, w/numerous hotel and car-rental "gold and platinum" status holdings, and am a bona-fide relocation to Canada as of 2 weeks ago.
My response: a big fat "No" from Aeroplan.
I guess I'll earn AirMiles on WestJet within Canada, and continue to book tickets via UA for flights to the USA. Their loss.

The people I was speaking to at Aeroplan had never even heard of such a thing as allowing status to be given from another airline, and were not about to bend the rules for me regardless of how compelling an argument I made.
When I told them about other airlines' willingness to do this status-matching, they just didn't believe me.

Hope this saves somebody else some time.
Cheers
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
So here is one for you guys...

I'm a US GP and sitting at about 38K EQM so far this year flying mostly on UA. They make the most sense from SFO, and are our designated corporate carrier. Earlier this year I tried to get UA to comp me, but they declined due to the "no poaching *A partner elites" policy.

Today I met our UA account rep and she offered to match my status if I send her an e-mail. This sounds good, but I'm wondering what the timing of this might be. Will a comp today be good only through the end of THIS year (without flying 50K miles)? Or, does it not matter until I fly 50K next year and maintain status in 2007?

If I have the option to keep it through next year, I'd probably get it now so I can credit my upcoming UA flights there and my US flights to US. If I would need to earn 50K miles in the rest of this year, I'll probably wait until after that point to make the request.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:12 am

Will CO Onepass match my Aeroplan Elite status

I'm an Aeroplan Elite (*A Gold), and have a CO Onepass account with about 45K miles (earned many years ago). Will CO match my Aeroplan Elite status? I'm based in India (if that matters).
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by noah
Today I met our UA account rep and she offered to match my status if I send her an e-mail. This sounds good, but I'm wondering what the timing of this might be. Will a comp today be good only through the end of THIS year (without flying 50K miles)? Or, does it not matter until I fly 50K next year and maintain status in 2007?
Wait three months if possible -- almost certainly status granted now will expire in 2/06 while status granted November 1 will expire 02/07. (I'm uncertain the actual date of this switchover, at varies by carrier and may even vary by year.)
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AC E; Hyatt-Diamond
Just out of curiosity, do you get the same kit as everyone else after you are status comp'ed as opposed to having earned it?

As well, I'm thinking of comping to US Prem. Exec. from AC Elite. Does anyone know what, if any, is in that kit?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by baby1234
Just out of curiosity, do you get the same kit as everyone else after you are status comp'ed as opposed to having earned it?
Varies by airline. IIRC HP used to include the ability to gift Silver status when someone made Platinum.. but that wasn't included in the kit when they comp'd someone Platinum. But in general carriers don't distinguish between those who have earned status and those who receive it as a comp.

As well, I'm thinking of comping to US Prem. Exec. from AC Elite.
Intro-Star Alliance comps are hard to obtain. Don't assume it'll sail through.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dillard8
7/1 is not the cutoff on UA. I helped my dad get a match from NW to UA 2P earlier this month, and the confirmation email he received from UA on July 13 (five business days after faxing his NW statement) reads:

This promotional status will be effective until
February 28, 2006
I called MP today. I was told that according to their rules status match made after July 1 is valid through the end of the following year. Perhaps you need to call back to sort it out.
I'll try to make this clear on the cover page.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:07 am

Programs: TG*G, Icelandair Silver, IATA
Does anyone know if Icelandair does a status match with a *G?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by dillard8
7/1 is not the cutoff on UA. I helped my dad get a match from NW to UA 2P earlier this month, and the confirmation email he received from UA on July 13 (five business days after faxing his NW statement) reads:

snip...

Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Enjoy your
Premier membership!
I've seen 2 different numbers to fax the documents to, and 3 different sets of documents (just a platinum card, just miles summary, both card & miles summary). Do you mind giving info on which of these you used (or anyone else who's done this recently)?

Thanks,
Extra
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
I've seen 2 different numbers to fax the documents to, and 3 different sets of documents (just a platinum card, just miles summary, both card & miles summary). Do you mind giving info on which of these you used (or anyone else who's done this recently)?

Thanks,
Extra
Sure - I used (or rather, my dad used, since he's the one who actually faxed it) the 520-881-4458 number. He reported that he got a busy signal several times before it went through. He just sent a copy of his NWA 2004 year end statement, printed from the NWA website, which shows all of his 2004 activity and that he is currently Silver Elite based on that activity. It took 5 business days for the match to come through, and he got his welcome packet about 2 weeks after that.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:20 pm

Thank you very much!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:19 am

Also, I stand corrected in the expiration date of the comped status - although the confirmation email my dad got said that he would receive premier status through Feb. 2006, when he received the membership kit it is clear that it is good through Feb. 2007.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.