Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RussianGuy
... just to let you know, that my asssiatant here just made the status match from our boss Gold BA card to his own Delta account - he copied boss's statement from the Internet and simply switched the name ;-) and then faxed it to Delta office ... 5 days and he got his own Gold status on Delta )

any comments? )
Not surprised, but if DL ran a check by calling BA, it would not be too hard for DL to find out that the last names on the accounts don't match -- presuming the assistant and the boss have different last names.

I know BA Gold has translated into US Gold too without much issue, but it was for the same person.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RussianGuy
... just to let you know, that my asssiatant here just made the status match from our boss Gold BA card to his own Delta account - he copied boss's statement from the Internet and simply switched the name ;-) and then faxed it to Delta office ... 5 days and he got his own Gold status on Delta )

any comments? )
Other than "congratulations on this fraud"?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, BA Amex Premium Plus, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
BMI/British Midlands will give a status match up to their top-tier of Gold for UK-based accounts supplying a letter and a copy of their BA, IB or AA card. (BA Golds and AA Plats and ExPlats have been getting BMI Gold in my experience.)
Will it work the other way round, i.e. will BA match BMI Gold?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: HP Gold, Delta, NWA PE Southwest RR, SPG, Marriot, Hilton Gold
Thanks! I have resent my request a second time. It has been five weeks from the first request.

Three to four work days seems to be the standard.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:58 am

Programs: HP Gold, Delta, NWA PE Southwest RR, SPG, Marriot, Hilton Gold
Thanks! I have tried a second time with US Air.

Originally Posted by johnep1
Try again. I don't see any reason why US wouldn't comp you CP. If that doesn't work, try faxing HP for the match.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:19 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Comping from Flying Blue to United

ok - Sounds like a comp from Flying Blue (KLM / Air France) to United is possible. Can someone provide me with the fax number and details on how I can do this?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jezf
BA will not match anyone's status. You have to earn status the old fashioned way - by flying with them!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by reikkonen
Hi Stuart.

To be honest, if I were you, I would do Challenge-GLD/PLT. Anyway, have you asked AA or other?

good luck!

Reikkonen
Reikonnen - Thanks for this I will get in touch with AA. Im sure Ill find the contact details somewhere in this thread.

Originally Posted by Volvic
Please mind AA (or BA) and the funny exclusion about BA (or AA) flights from London to the US.
Volvic Many thanks for this - it's important to me to remember this. One of the reasons I don't have Oneworld status is due to the fact that BA are so expensive for CW compared to others I use AF/BMI/KLM/UAL/NW. Ill use AA metal for transatlantic to ensure miles etc are ok. I often use MAN and I believe BA transatlantic are ok for miles from here.

Originally Posted by gemac
I'd recommend you pop on over to the AA forum and read up on challenges. The only catch is that you should plan on flying AA transatlantic.
Gemac - appreciate your help - looks like I'll earn status easily enough. I do a few interanl flights in US but I can always use existing status with other airlines or Priority Club card for lounge access.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jezf
Tried it dozens of time and never worked.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 3:04 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Didn't document this back then but reading through this thread made me think of my personal experience with Continental:

-AM European Time, send email asking CO for their fax number for comps.
-2hrs later get a reply with number.
-10 minutes after that send my fax out.
-Check account 1hr after that and already have my status matched ^

Since then CO has been getting all my transatlantic business, 65% of US domestic whilst flying Skyteam partners in europe represents about 75% of my business.

In that sense them matching me has been a good incentive for me to fly and rediscover SkyTeam (which is better than most people here think it is).
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:14 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
What if one does not receive statements and only has their web summary to show - will other airlines accept this for a match?

Specifically UA to CO
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chewy3
What if one does not receive statements and only has their web summary to show - will other airlines accept this for a match?

Specifically UA to CO
I know the following to have worked:

1) Photocopy of card & printout of online statement
2) Photocopy of card only

I haven't seen the online statement printout alone work with UA to CO, but it's worked with some other status matches.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Not surprised, but if DL ran a check by calling BA, it would not be too hard for DL to find out that the last names on the accounts don't match.
IMHO - Due to data protection laws BA wouldn't give out any info and DL wouldn't call. I think may be the reason they need copies of cards and statements. Otherwise they would call the other FFP and get your details.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ScottC
Other than "congratulations on this fraud"?
actually i'm really surprised with this comment - I thought this site is all about how to make better in FF programs and how to get more out of nothing (like Hilton Gold out of out of strange CC promotion, for example)....
that's why I decided to share this info and I'm sure that maybe not many people will want to comment on this, but I'm sure many will might trying doing same thing and it might workout for them - so good luck ;-) all you have to have is a friend with valid Gold BA card ))) and you might become a person with a status in other FF program ) ....

Not surprised, but if DL ran a check by calling BA, it would not be too hard for DL to find out that the last names on the accounts don't match -- presuming the assistant and the boss have different last names.

I know BA Gold has translated into US Gold too without much issue, but it was for the same person.
and I'm sure this will never happen, since BA will be not into giving away ANY information on their Gold customers accounts...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I am currently attempting to status match my AA-PLT with OZ-Diamond. Will report back with the results.

PS to Russian Guy - that wasn't just "how to work around the system"... that was outright fraud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.