FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:01 am
Dan Dare

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by reikkonen
Hi Stuart.

To be honest, if I were you, I would do Challenge-GLD/PLT. Anyway, have you asked AA or other?

good luck!

Reikkonen
Reikonnen - Thanks for this I will get in touch with AA. I’m sure I’ll find the contact details somewhere in this thread.

Originally Posted by Volvic
Please mind AA (or BA) and the funny exclusion about BA (or AA) flights from London to the US.
Volvic – Many thanks for this - it's important to me to remember this. One of the reasons I don't have Oneworld status is due to the fact that BA are so expensive for CW compared to others I use AF/BMI/KLM/UAL/NW. I’ll use AA metal for transatlantic to ensure miles etc are ok. I often use MAN and I believe BA transatlantic are ok for miles from here.

Originally Posted by gemac
I'd recommend you pop on over to the AA forum and read up on challenges. The only catch is that you should plan on flying AA transatlantic.
Gemac - appreciate your help - looks like I'll earn status easily enough. I do a few interanl flights in US but I can always use existing status with other airlines or Priority Club card for lounge access.