Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl

Anyone jumping in on this one...sounds tempting..especially with that 2500 bonus as well..

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...x&mids=2080,16

(if your looking for a place to donate children mags to: http://hugslove.org/ )

Last edited by bitachu; Nov 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:55 am

I do.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Anyone have experience subscribing to a bunch of mags then cancelling the ones you don't like/want after the miles post and getting refund for remaining issues? Do they pull the miles 6 months later?

There's a few that the mrs. thinks she wants but I don't want to subscribe to 10 magazines and find out she only likes a couple.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:28 am

At this rate it almost makes sense to just subscribe to a gazillion magazines... 1.7 cpm is a good deal.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
If you have too many subs, you can send them my way, and I will get them to the VA hospital and clinic on all my appointments. A lot of wait time there, and I always re-read those ones from last year. This week I found out the poll numbers for the upcoming election, Romney is a bit behind!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Judy Jones
11 Live Oak Lane
Fort Myers, FL 33905
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:24 am

Whaaa? 60 miles per $1 spend. Get outa town! I guess I'll have to cave and order a sub.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond
they don't a auto-renew do they?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I think your subscriptions are eligible for auto-renew but you can cancel at any time.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:59 am

Yes, exactly my concern, also. Immediately after doing checkout, I delelted my cc info. As soon as my new sub shows up, I will telephone/online make sure it's cancelled.

I know that I'm going to be bombarded with repeated renewal begging before sub expires but that's okay. '

Still can't believe it's 60 miles per $1 spend.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
After placing your order or anytime prior to the auto-renew date, you can go into your account information online (requires opening an account with Magazines.com prior to or when placing order) and turning off auto-renew.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:51 am

I've used magazines.com several times (@30 miles/$ via UR). I believe it IS set to auto-renew, but it is fairly straight forward to cancel that "benefit." As others have said, make sure to delete your credit info so you don't get auto-billed.

The stranger thing that has happened since I started subscribing via Magazines.com is that I routinely get "trial" subscriptions to magazines I would never subscribe to. GQ, Money, and Us Weekly all come to mind. The funny think is that GQ and Money came to my (female, and much less financially savvy) fiancé, while US Weekly came to me (a male, who is very out of touch and disinterested in celebrity gossip). I would worried I would eventually start receiving bills for these - but I never have.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Simply use a CC that's not going to be around next year. All of us should have plenty to choose from, his is FT after all!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:23 pm

So what charities can you send magazines directly to as a charitable contribution?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by horseymen
So what charities can you send magazines directly to as a charitable contribution?
THIS

I am using a tutoring organization I volunteered at in high school, they are going to give me addresses of schools to send them to.

Last edited by rufflesinc; Nov 24, 2013 at 4:43 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by horseymen
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
THIS

I am using a tutoring organization I volunteered at in high school, they are going to give me addresses of schools to send them to.
Read post #6 upthread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.