Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/Star Alliance: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Business class to East Coast should get you the PQDs you need or even to YYZ or YUL. I would personally go to YYZ and do a day trip to Niagara Falls (Canada side). You get to see the fall colours and it's not too busy between October-November.
Thanks ! Considering Canada on the ground is on sale because of the exchange rate, I am likely to head there.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mikomi2004
Hi everyone! I am looking for a mileage run for either October or November with long stopover on a certain city so that I can fly and explore for a couple of hours and back. Any suggestions? Base city is Toronto YYZ. Thanks in advance.
There's a dedicated thread for questions like this
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
Thanks ! Considering Canada on the ground is on sale because of the exchange rate, I am likely to head there.
Can I come?

Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
OP, if you're talking about the three-tiered miles offers UA put to some flyers, you don't need a mileage run (getting X PQM/RDM for the least money), but rather the most interesting one day vacation that costs as close to $Y (and maybe provides at least X miles so you can hit a status goal). What kind of spend are you seeking, and what miles do you need for your goal?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tjc459
Thanks in advance for any advice:

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 25K PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $1,200
Available Travel Dates: Open Through End of Year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Welcome to FT tjc459^ What status are you trying to achieve, and have you reached the PQD requirement? You are looking at 2x trips to Asia + some. That is a lot of flying.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by malgudi
There's a dedicated thread for questions like this
And as the OP has crossposted in the consolidated thread, I've now combined the separate thread into this one. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
aacharya & Madone59, thanks for the tips! Haven't done a MR in YEARS, so rusty at this.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Business class to East Coast should get you the PQDs you need or even to YYZ or YUL. I would personally go to YYZ and do a day trip to Niagara Falls (Canada side). You get to see the fall colours and it's not too busy between October-November.
One other thought - I have a few tickets in the queue for the rest of the year - Would GGBUYUP be a way to get what I need ?

Thanks !
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
One other thought - I have a few tickets in the queue for the rest of the year - Would GGBUYUP be a way to get what I need ?

Thanks !
I don't have much experience with paid upgrades. Perhaps check UA forums or call UA to know for sure.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: UAL 1k (1MM) HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Mileage Run

Hoping to maintain 1K status for 2017. I'm also a million miler. I've earned my status the hard way and don't know all the rules and intricacies.

Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed:6568 (if all goes as expected, a little extra might be smart)
Required Spend or Budget: met the required spend.
Available Travel Dates: options as long as I'm not already booked
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I don't know what this means

I found: Nov 1 DEN>ORD>MIA PQM=2085 CLASS G; returns on Nov 2 MIA>ORD>DEN PQM=2085 CLASS G. RT $113. Am I accurate to think I will earn a total of 4,170 miles towards my status for the roundtrip?

Hotel stay is not ideal, but I can use my points and found a Hilton nearby.

This doesn't meet my goal, but the same trip is available again on Nov 7.

Is there a better option that I should consider?

Last edited by kn5280; Sep 29, 2016 at 9:53 am
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, Southwest, Jet Blue
You would have to spend more than that as taxes do not count toward PQDs. Perhaps a weekend trip to Florida would work. https://goo.gl/flights/SJyk
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Found a Saturday flight from BWI - IAH in 1st class for $515 ($450 PQD) r/t. Breakfast down, Dinner back and 18 holes of golf near the airport!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: united mileage plus
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
There are lots of competitive fares YYZ-HNL.
I just got back actually from Honolulu. That's how I got the 329$ PQD. I have an offer from UA that I'll get extra 10k UA miles if my PQD for the year reaches $500. an extra 15k if PQD reaches $1000 and another 25k if PQD reaches $2500. Trying to get atleast to $500 PQD.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by PVDProf
OP, if you're talking about the three-tiered miles offers UA put to some flyers, you don't need a mileage run (getting X PQM/RDM for the least money), but rather the most interesting one day vacation that costs as close to $Y (and maybe provides at least X miles so you can hit a status goal). What kind of spend are you seeking, and what miles do you need for your goal?
THanks for the explanation. You are right . It's the three-tiered miles offer that UA sent to my email. Did a Honolulu trip earlier this month that got me $329 PQD. the first level is $500 PQD for 10k miles.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:45 pm

Can I come?
You should definitely come. Toronto is a.k.a White Vegas according to NBA players
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Maybe a slightly different request as I have required travel (not flexible) and need to meet the miles. All required spend and metal are already complete.

First step is required. Both dates and destinations are required and I prefer non-stop flights. Looking for the cheapest way to do this on Star Alliance.

Step 1: Need 4576 miles to reach UA MP Platinum
Must Travel BKK to TPE depart 19 Oct return 23 Oct (return any time)
Must Travel BKK to SIN depart 23 Nov return 27 Nov (return must be after 6pm)

Step two is pie in the sky. Looking for the best/cheapest way to get an an additional 25,000 to reach UA 1K. Dates are pretty much required, but route is not. Also class of travel is optional (willing to buy business to up the miles).

Step 2: Need 25k miles to reach 1K
Travel BKK to LON depart 13 Nov return 18 Nov (return must be after 6pm)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.