Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/Star Alliance: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:30 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Departure Airport: Anywhere in Europe
PQM's Needed: 5500
Required Spend or Budget: not applicable
Available Travel Dates: OCT, as short as trip as possible
Required Metal: Must be UA for atlantic flight
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by vegas005
Hi, maybe a tall order and maybe I am crazy...(probably) I've been a Senator/Gold for 14years on Swiss/LH Miles and More. I have over 80 legs this years and only 69k miles (cheap company tickets ZRH to UK. With the new mileage requirements I am nowhere near Senator. However, we have several big family trips next year and the year after and status would be nice for seats, extra luggage...etc.

So my ask...I have a window between Oct 8 and Oct 20th where I could make a run at this 30k.

Requirements...I live on Zurich, Switzerland but could originate out of the USA as needed. I can fly basically anywhere (like to avoid visa/India, China) but even that is doable for the right deal- 3 to 5k budget, but will do the best deal that gets me the miles. Preferably to Singapore or the USA ...

Give me some ideas please! Deeply appreciate any help!
From what I can tell most *A partners on M&M earn 3x in F, which may be something you can consider. I've looked around and the cheapest I found are the following:

CAI-HKG for $4,000 - https://goo.gl/flights/u5bV
MXP-BKK for $4,300 - https://goo.gl/flights/Jk5L

Of the two, CAI-HKG earns the most mileage, at least 40k EQM's. Positioning flights would be extra of course but it should be easy to do from Europe, and since both directions connect in ZRH, you have a choice to end your trip there.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 25, 2016 at 3:20 pm Reason: updated links
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:50 pm

Need 25K PQM Out of IAH

Thanks in advance for any advice:

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 25K PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $1,200
Available Travel Dates: Open Through End of Year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:54 am

thanks for this!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Need help: re-qual 1K

Haven't posted in quite a long time, but back here now. Missed posting, just been busy with life and all...

So I've been 1K for many years, but this past year was a bit hectic and I'm sitting at just ~46K PQM at the moment. Another ~10K already booked, plus plans for ~16K more, which would put me at just 72k for the year. FYI, PQD is not a problem.

So I'm now debating about the balance between Premier Accelerator and planing around some far-off places (e.g. Anchorage, San Juan, etc) from SFO. PA would be $0.11 CPM, so $3,080... a bit steep. Can't really take too many weekdays off, but here or there is doable. In the end, I'd be fine paying a little bit extra on PA, but would rather not go nuts like that.

Any advice is super welcome and very much appreciated! Have to think there are some decent destinations from SFO that I can get done in a weekend to keep the precious status. ;-)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:51 am

Departure Airport: IAD
Miles Needed: 8000
Required Spend or Budget: 500 (on an ETC)
Available Travel Dates: October
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: UA (its an ETC)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jmessi1
Departure Airport: IAD
Miles Needed: 8000
Required Spend or Budget: 500 (on an ETC)
Available Travel Dates: October
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: UA (its an ETC)
Electronic travel credit? Sorry I'm not sure what the acronym stands for.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:06 pm

I recently received a travel voucher for volunteering to take a later flight. It gives a credit of up to $500. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.

As I understand them, it means that I have to get a ticket that runs on UA metal rather than a code share.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Southwest, Jet Blue
Year End UA Spend Run

Departure Airport: IAD or BWI
Miles Needed: 1.2K PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $400

Would love to find a cheap (short) 1st class r/t the meets this requirement, but coach is certainly fine. Considering the IAD to BKK for $631, but hate to kill 3 days at altitude!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Maryland Rob
Departure Airport: IAD or BWI
Miles Needed: 1.2K PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $400

Would love to find a cheap (short) 1st class r/t the meets this requirement, but coach is certainly fine. Considering the IAD to BKK for $631, but hate to kill 3 days at altitude!
Do you need 1,200 PQM or 12,000? 1,200 at $400 is 33 cpm. I'm not thinking you need anyone's help to find that?

I've done the BKK run twice in the past 3 years and will say it's not that bad.

Edit: just realized your title is "Spend Run".. I'd just do a quick turn to ORD, etc. for the spend.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
2200 miles/$775 from DEN or COS

Departure AirportEN pref but COS ok
Miles Needed:2200 PQM
Required Spend or Budget:775 PQD
Available Travel Dates: Oct 6-14, 24-31, Nov 1-7,19-30, Dec 19-27
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:*A

Thanks !

Last edited by FlyfromDenver; Sep 28, 2016 at 8:42 am Reason: Additional information
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Tons of *A flights to HKG/TPE/SIN, etc. United is a bit more money, but need to make sure the *A credits at 100%PQM.

(I saw a range of mid-500's to 800's).
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Definitely don't spend $3K on this! You could get this done with little effort for under $2K. I bet with some effort you could get into the $1,500 range.

SFO-PVG-SFO is under $600RT on UA. Two of those, and a hand full of domestic miles you are over the line. Really just route one of those via the East Coast and you are set.

The next question is - is all this flying worth your time and is $3K looking a little better right about now?? Good luck!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Southwest, Jet Blue
Yup - the $400 spend is the need. I only need 1,200 PQM to meet the mileage criteria. ORD will work - just that's the run I'm doing every month for business travel (yawn). May just go coach to LAS for the weekend. Worse things in life, right?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: united mileage plus
Smile Mileage Run from YYZ to anywhere

Hi everyone! I am looking for a mileage run for either October or November with long stopover on a certain city so that I can fly and explore for a couple of hours and back. Any suggestions? Base city is Toronto YYZ. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.