Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:01 am

I have had great experiences with this program as well as SPG's.

The latest one I have done was for a hotel in Toronto. The cheapest going Marriott Member rate was about $400 before any fees and taxes. I found the same hotel on https://travel.americanexpress.ca/ for approx $190.

I booked the hotel room with Marriott and immediately submitted a claim. Within 15 hours of submission I got confirmation of the new rate of $155.

Hello Mr. *,

I have approved the claim you submitted for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee!

I modified your reservation to reflect the following rate:

Rate: 155.33 Canadian Dollars
Reservation Confirmation Number: *

Your room rate now reflects an additional 25% discount for submitting a successful claim according to the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I had great experiences with LNF so far, but today I got this, which puzzles me:
"The English site of American Express does allow for all different credit cards used on the reservation site; unfortunately, the rate is the same as what Marriott is offering. The German site shows a different rate; however, you can only us an American Express card, which makes the site qualified, for not everyone has an American Express Card."

Well, following that logic, not everyone has a credit card, then...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxymore
I had great experiences with LNF so far, but today I got this, which puzzles me:
"The English site of American Express does allow for all different credit cards used on the reservation site; unfortunately, the rate is the same as what Marriott is offering. The German site shows a different rate; however, you can only us an American Express card, which makes the site qualified, for not everyone has an American Express Card."

Well, following that logic, not everyone has a credit card, then...
You can only LNF with a rate available to all (no coupons or other restrictions on who can use it). A rate which is restricted to Amex cardholders is not available to all. Simple as that. (Though there explanation, because it doesn't put it in those terms, may not be clear, on that I do agree.)
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You can only LNF with a rate available to all (no coupons or other restrictions on who can use it). A rate which is restricted to Amex cardholders is not available to all. Simple as that. (Though there explanation, because it doesn't put it in those terms, may not be clear, on that I do agree.)
It makes sense in a way - and I was able to get the claim approved using another German site that had an even lower rate, so all the better, and I still think that LNF is one of the fairest BRG programs. ^
It is just surprising that post #406 in this very thread reports a claim validated against travel.americanexpress.ca, which also requires you to pay with an Amex.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:07 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by ryandk
I'm surprised at how painless it was to get Marriott to approve my LNF rate.

For the past two years, we've been focusing on Hyatt, as we had lounge access with our status. It was always a battle to get Hyatt to approve the Best Rate Guarantee claim, but I was always able to convince them on the phone. Now that Hyatt's BRG is almost worthless, we're going to focus on Marriott, as we have Marriott Gold status with our Amex Platinum.

I submitted a claim for the Marriott Marquis in New York City, which is always outrageously expensive, for a week during spring break. Marriott's average nightly rate is $377.75, and an OTA (found with Trivago) had it for around $250 per night (prepaid). I booked the lowest refundable rate with Marriott, with a note asking them to change it to prepaid if the LFN claim is approved.

When I woke up the next morning, Marriott had responded, adjusting the rate to just over $190 per night! We still have to pay the ridiculous 'destination fee' of $25 per night, but it's still a pretty good rate for something central in New York.
This is great news! I was under the impression you had to actually book the rate you were claiming against with Marriott; if you can book a refundable rate and only have it adjusted for a successful claim that would help a lot with claiming for prepaid rates.

I tried one myself today, booking a refundable rate but asking them to claim against the prepaid rate. Don't recall having read about anyone else doing this here.
(SPG explicitly allows this in their claim form though)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:09 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by ryandk

I submitted a claim for the Marriott Marquis in New York City, which is always outrageously expensive, for a week during spring break. Marriott's average nightly rate is $377.75, and an OTA (found with Trivago) had it for around $250 per night (prepaid). I booked the lowest refundable rate with Marriott, with a note asking them to change it to prepaid if the LFN claim is approved.

When I woke up the next morning, Marriott had responded, adjusting the rate to just over $190 per night! We still have to pay the ridiculous 'destination fee' of $25 per night, but it's still a pretty good rate for something central in New York.
I think you have been very lucky. Normally they would deny your claim if cancel policy is not equal.

I had already a deny because comparison site has 2 day before arrive cancel possibility and Marriott had 1 day.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxymore
It is just surprising that post #406 in this very thread reports a claim validated against travel.americanexpress.ca, which also requires you to pay with an Amex.
There have been claims denied because San Francisco is not in North America (per the LNF agent), and there have been claims approved despite room types not matching. So sometimes LNF agents make mistakes to your benefit, sometimes to your detriment. Most people don't argue with them "why did you approve me?" when they seem to possibly have made a mistake to your benefit .

So it's hard to be conclusive about whether your denial was correct and post 406's approval was a mistake, or vice versa. Tons more datapoints about that same site would be needed for that, and meanwhile there's a request at the top of the LNF success thread to not name the site that you used, so most people don't.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:47 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by KRS
This is great news! I was under the impression you had to actually book the rate you were claiming against with Marriott; if you can book a refundable rate and only have it adjusted for a successful claim that would help a lot with claiming for prepaid rates.

I tried one myself today, booking a refundable rate but asking them to claim against the prepaid rate. Don't recall having read about anyone else doing this here.
Success on this claim ^
My rate has not been modified to non-refundable either. Maybe they are merging BRG elements from SPG into the process (or has it always been like this and I wasn't aware of it?)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Found lower rate on hotels.com (mobile rate), submitted claim form on same day. The following day got rejection email: "I am denying your claim because I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted."
Took screenshot of hotels.com mobile rate but its no longer available on the day LNF BRG rep verified it (probably hotels.com promotion only valid for 24 hours?)
am i out of luck if the marriott rep couldnt verify it on the same day as i submitted the claim?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Yes as only way is for them to actually see the rate
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:49 pm

Does LNF allow matching to rates on www.galahotels.com? Has anyone had a successful claim using this OTA?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Does LNF allow matching to rates on www.galahotels.com? Has anyone had a successful claim using this OTA?
Yes.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
...I tried one myself today, booking a refundable rate but asking them to claim against the prepaid rate. Don't recall having read about anyone else doing this here.
Originally Posted by KRS
Success on this claim ^
My rate has not been modified to non-refundable either. Maybe they are merging BRG elements from SPG into the process (or has it always been like this and I wasn't aware of it?)
I tried the same thing but the LNF agent simply ignored my remarks (asking them to change the rate to non-refundable after they verified the lower rate) totally and denied the claim because the two cancellation terms were different.

Does anyone know if there is any avenue for appeal ?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:34 pm

Booking.com rate used, but rejected because they couldn't find the rate. Some investigation from my end determined the price was visible from Canadian IP address, and not US ones (checked via proxy). Any hope? Or can they use a proxy on their end?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Do LNF rates still qualify for Marriott promotions such as the current MegaBonus one (stay twice get a free night)? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.