Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its always annoying when the deny for the 'cannot verify a lower rate is available' reason when you can see it is still available.

Or when they take so long almost up to the 24hrs and then replies with denial right after the lower rate is magically gone...

Last edited by rylan; Jul 20, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:39 am

I submitted a claim against the Ritz for a price i found on a different website. I got the original denial 'cannot verify a lower rate is available' when challenged they found it and beat it by 25%. However i have a question. The website i found inc taxes. but Ritz reduced their rate by 25% then added taxes. is this standard? anything that can be done about this?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by stevietommo
I submitted a claim against the Ritz for a price i found on a different website. I got the original denial 'cannot verify a lower rate is available' when challenged they found it and beat it by 25%. However i have a question. The website i found inc taxes. but Ritz reduced their rate by 25% then added taxes. is this standard? anything that can be done about this?
Write them back and tell them they made a mistake with the calculation as the rate was tax inclusive. They will fix it.

When first filing claims always put in the comment box that the rate is tax inclusive. I write down what the room rate is minus the taxes as sometimes their calculations can be off.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Write them back and tell them they made a mistake with the calculation as the rate was tax inclusive. They will fix it.

When first filing claims always put in the comment box that the rate is tax inclusive. I write down what the room rate is minus the taxes as sometimes their calculations can be off.
Right - I'm having some problems with this one! if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it. Marriott have lowered the rate - which is great. however they keep saying that they can only find a rate higher than the one i can find. I can find the 4 days at £1756 and they suggest they can only find it at £1968 which is the second room rate. I have emailed them a link and sent a screen shot. They have honoured the more expensive rate, and then taken 25% off. however the rate on Amoma includes all taxes, but they have then added this onto the price match rate. I have emailed them a few times, they say they wont accept the link i sent them and can only go on the search they have done. they also wont accept that the price on Amoma includes Tax, despite it being clearly stated on the payment terms that tax is included in the price.

am i just going to have to accept their response? or does anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
File a new claim.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by nacho
File a new claim.
tried that! exact same response! even wrote out the calculations for them and still not agreed.

seems strange they say they wont accept the web link i sent? but will a different rate on the same site?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
I am currently experiencing the exact same problem so far there has been 4-5 emails back and forth. So far I have booked on Marriott at the higher rate and the exact same room significantly cheaper on Booking.com (both Flexible and including breakfast).

So far I have sent them the Booking.com link twice, Screenshot, a link to the same rate at Opodo & Trip Adviser and a copy of my booking at Booking.com.

So far they still cannot verify the lower rate.

Am I missing something?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Yes; following the Mods request -

Post #1 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...successes.html

Originally Posted by Waz22
I am currently experiencing the exact same problem so far there has been 4-5 emails back and forth. So far I have booked on Marriott at the higher rate and the exact same room significantly cheaper on Booking.com (both Flexible and including breakfast).

So far I have sent them the Booking.com link twice, Screenshot, a link to the same rate at Opodo & Trip Adviser and a copy of my booking at Booking.com.

Am I missing something?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Am I missing something?
File a new claim, if it still doesn't work, the only thing I could suggest is to wait a day or 2 until the new LNF staff takeover. This has happened to me many times.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by nacho
File a new claim, if it still doesn't work, the only thing I could suggest is to wait a day or 2 until the new LNF staff takeover. This has happened to me many times.
Yes. New staff, new eyes with hopefully better vision.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:57 pm

Am I missing something?
Since they are not blind, they must be lying. Shame on Marriott
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
Since they are not blind, they must be lying. Shame on Marriott
That's why I have developed a theory that whether you get LNF is property dependent. If you are trying one that fight extra hard then you are just constantly hitting a brick wall - I have a couple in my mind.

The reason behind this is that I have tried quite a few LNF claims, I can see that the very same group of people who kept denying me on a claim also accepted claim extremely quickly without hassle. When I get a denial for those LNF proof properties, it's usually includes a long wait around 20+ hours, either wait until the lower price is gone or giving a bogus reason for denial.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:36 am

As I also made a flexible booking through booking.com I am extremely surprised they keep denying my claim even after providing a copy of my confirmation.

Apparently they cannot find my "third party reservation", so i requested from the hotel direct their own internal booking number.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:04 am

As I also made a flexible booking through booking.com I am extremely surprised they keep denying my claim even after providing a copy of my confirmation.

Apparently they cannot find my "third party reservation", so i requested from the hotel direct their own internal booking number.
Update No. 3

"Thank you for your additional message regarding Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee.

I was able to view your reservation on Booking.com.

I was not able to confirm the date and time the reservation was made.

Based on this situation, I am still not able to approve your claim."

This is beyond a joke.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:14 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

I had the same problem. They say, they could see the booking in booking.com, but not in their own (Marriott) system. And because of that my claim could not be verified.

This was for the CY Ginza.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.