Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JL100
... but apparently there is some new training going on.
That could be because stupid-idiot bloggers (one in particular) write about how they use VGCs to purchase MOs at WM. They care only about themselves and getting website hits.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by JL100
Went to load 2 GCs to BB at Walmart. First one worked fine, second one kept going to straight to signature line without allowing me to press debit. Figured it was specific machine which happens all the time, so went to service center. The person said it could not be a prepaid card (her term) and could not be used to load BB. First time I have heard that one. I am sure it will work fine at my normal (different) Walmart or with a different person, but apparently there is some new training going on.
Try a Rite Aid if you have one around to see if there are issues with the card or not. Might just be store-to-store or employee specific from the looks of it.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
That could be because stupid-idiot bloggers (one in particular) write about how they use VGCs to purchase MOs at WM. They care only about themselves and getting website hits.
Those doing high volume shouldn't even be talking about it...

That guy just ruined it for all the Texans. I feel bad, and I'm not even NEAR Texas...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
Try a Rite Aid if you have one around to see if there are issues with the card or not. Might just be store-to-store or employee specific from the looks of it.
Load in RA?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:19 pm

afaik BB can't be loaded at RA,DG or FD. ONLY Serve and VIPs can be loaded at those places while BBs are loaded exclusively at WM until new terms come along.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:46 am

I wish I still had my BBs.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
update: loaded 2 cards at other Walmart, worked fine. I wish I had a Kate nearby so I wouldn't have to deal with each associates different opinion.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
All 6 of our Serves got shutdown during last month's Birdpocalypse. And we had all switched from BB to Serve over a year ago. How's it looking for folks like us if we apply for a BB (or Serve)? Any data points on approvals for new accounts?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... because no information ever gets out of Flyertalk itself.

Why do people need so badly to find scapegoats? Just admit it, we are all the problem, and as long as we continue to take advantage of these opportunities, we will remain the problem.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've been hear this now for 4 yrs, so do you have data to back this up, or is this just speculation on your part?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My son, who has never had a Bluebird or Serve before, applied online for his card and was accepted today. Is it still business as usual for Bluebird, i.e. will he be able to load Sunnies and Metabank GC at KATE?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
My son, who has never had a Bluebird or Serve before, applied online for his card and was accepted today. Is it still business as usual for Bluebird, i.e. will he be able to load Sunnies and Metabank GC at KATE?
To a point.

Unfortunately, nobody knows that threshold.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I wasn't closed down, but I have changed how I do things. I am not just paying bills but still loading $500 VGC, will be interesting to see if I get closed down or not.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:32 am

I don't understand how people who had a bluebird prior to 2016 and didn't get shutdown? If you didn't get shutdown, this means you didn't use it for MS. Why would one have a BB if not for MS, be it occasional or regular. It seems there were plenty of data points for shutdowns for even the occasional MSer?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I don't understand how people who had a bluebird prior to 2016 and didn't get shutdown? If you didn't get shutdown, this means you didn't use it for MS. Why would one have a BB if not for MS, be it occasional or regular. It seems there were plenty of data points for shutdowns for even the occasional MSer?
You seriously can't think of a reason why someone, anyone, may want a BB *other* than to MS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.