Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by jimok
I've had almost identical recent experience. The error message I received was "DEBIT NOT APPROVED. CALL AUTHORIZER". AMEX told me BB account is in good standing. I'm now beginning to wonder if perhaps WM has done something similar to what Target did re Redbird. Or perhaps the GC companies are blocking BB loads.

Update: I just called customer service of the VGC (MetaBank) they were able to view each attempt I made to load BB at WM. They stated on each attempt WM took the funds and then reversed the transaction and loading the funds back on the GC. CS has no explanation as to why and suggested I use the card elsewhere. If I get the same result they will replace the card. So at this point it seems that WM is the cause. But as I said above when I called AMEX they told me the BB account was not closed. I'm stumped. This has happened on two different GCs so I doubt the GC is the problem.
Same experience here, I also tried using a regular debit card and got the same "DEBIT NOT APPROVED CALL AUTHORIZER" message. Seems the problem is WM, not the GC's.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by mlemke
Same experience here, I also tried using a regular debit card and got the same "DEBIT NOT APPROVED CALL AUTHORIZER" message. Seems the problem is WM, not the GC's.
just curious if u & others tried KATE? or didn't work on KATE as well?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
just curious if u & others tried KATE? or didn't work on KATE as well?
Tried Kate and a cashier today. Both different GC. Same error.... Debit not approved, call authorizer. Only used this BB to load $5k on 30/31December. Guess I got cut, but no email.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by j0sh
Tried Kate and a cashier today. Both different GC. Same error.... Debit not approved, call authorizer. Only used this BB to load $5k on 30/31December. Guess I got cut, but no email.
Same with me. I tried Kate and got the error message. I called both AMEX and VGC (MetaBank) and was told everything was normal except they could see VGC was loaded at WM but immediately reversed (twice!). I also believe WM is the problem. At least Target had the courtesy to announce they would no longer accept VGC.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:41 pm

I am not able to load my BB card at walmart using metabank variable visa gift card.
I did not get any shutdown email and BB rep said that everything looks good on my card.
Does it mean that Visa Loads are banned now at walmart for BB cards.
Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:38 am

the writing is on the wall
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If its not working for BB loads, then I'd imagine that means its either dead or going to be dead soon for MOs...
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
The last time I tried one card worked and one didn't, and then used the one again about a week later succefsfully at WM. That has been about a week so will have to see next time.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by mlemke
Same issue with me! Went yesterday 1/20. As I put the pin, I see approved (which I always see), but right away a printout comes out from the register and it says "debit not approved call authorizer'. I'm using the SMGC and I'm at the register since there are no Kate's at that location.

For the others that have this same issue, when did this occur? I wonder if it's temporary or what's going on?!? I have a few minimum spends I'm working on and I really don't want to do MO's...its been awhile since I've been on that route
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by express3
Same issue with me! Went yesterday 1/20. As I put the pin, I see approved (which I always see), but right away a printout comes out from the register and it says "debit not approved call authorizer'. I'm using the SMGC and I'm at the register since there are no Kate's at that location.

For the others that have this same issue, when did this occur? I wonder if it's temporary or what's going on?!? I have a few minimum spends I'm working on and I really don't want to do MO's...its been awhile since I've been on that route
Started yesterday. Worked two days ago.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:35 am

Are the BB "kits" and/or variable gift cards gone from anyone else's WM store? At the small [non-SC] WM here I noticed that all of the BB "kits" were gone but the Serve was still there [right by the register] and all of the variable load gc's were gone as well [usually several right by the register], and the huge display rack with nothing but gift cards was gone as well. Could be coincidence but it seemed like an odd coincidence.

Also, of those with Serve accounts that survived, had anyone loaded @ DG or FD since they recently started offering the service?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:41 am

Not sure what you guys are talking about. I did 2 MOs last night at Wally. 6:30pm pacific time (1/20). 4 x 490 meta vgc. No problem.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:42 am
Suspended

My WM still has the BB kits.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:20 pm

I did one SMVGC load onto my BB using KATE with no issue today.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:39 pm

American Express Decides to Dismantle Parts of Its Serve Business Ahead of Earnings Report

http://laptoptravel.blogspot.com/201...dismantle.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.