Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Has there been a huge shutdown since Jan 6th? So far when I make payments to the CC I used for the purchase of VGCs, I make it for a ramdom number, $277.34 then 2 weeks later I'll make another for 222.66 cents. I wont try this with Amex cards right now.
Hello, where have you been? March 4!

I made random cc payments all under 1k and still got shutdown.

Bottom line is no one knows what criteria Amex uses.

There's one serve user who didn't get shutdown because he had DD and used the card for swipes more than $500.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Hello, where have you been? March 4!
I made random cc payments all under 1k and still got shutdown.

Bottom line is no one knows what criteria Amex uses.

There's one serve user who didn't get shutdown because he had DD and used the card for swipes more than $500.
Working, I guess I didn't get shut down since my BB still works.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:55 am

Working, I guess I didn't get shut down since my BB still works.
out of your 6 am3x prepaids, none were shutdown? if that's the case, you're the only one with multiple accounts that have dodged the 2 shutdowns. many have been doing more or less volume than you and other activities you mentioned that you think spared you from the axe but most got shutdown.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I am down to 1/4 still working. 3/4 survived the first shutdown in January and then 2 of them were murdered last week.

In a very ironic note, one of them that was killed last week via email, received an email yesterday reminding me that I can load cash at WM anytime. Ahhh, no! The shutdown email said I cant load anything on to it. What is Amex doing?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
out of your 6 am3x prepaids, none were shutdown? if that's the case, you're the only one with multiple accounts that have dodged the 2 shutdowns. many have been doing more or less volume than you and other activities you mentioned that you think spared you from the axe but most got shutdown.
my last activity was Aug 25th 2015. No shut down (balance $ 0.69) Anyone else? how long to wait for the dust to settle?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by prasha11
my last activity was Aug 25th 2015. No shut down (balance $ 0.69) Anyone else? how long to wait for the dust to settle?
I'd wait til at least Aug 25, 2016 (full year) just to be sure. You can't never be too careful with Amex.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Amex is a very strange animal. Just when you think you figured them out they come back and bite you.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: AA XPlat
Any support to the rumor that Amex is shuttering Bluebird/Serve altogether?
I heard they closed an office somewhere (FL?) and moved some people who were in charge of this area of their business.

Sad times. Mine are all dead.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears
I heard they closed an office somewhere (FL?) and moved some people who were in charge of this area of their business.

I don't know about shuttering them altogether, but they have been laying people off in FL.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...an-100-in.html
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
This brings to mind the movie...Dead Man Walking.

3 of 4 BBs shutdown in first mass killing. Stopped all activity in the 4th one, it survived 2ndf massacre.

Nobody knows...

We need a mole to get a job inside this division of Amex...and have resume ready
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: Several dozen
What AMEX is doing is called drawing an opponent offsides. They are trying to fake you out to get a penalty call.

Originally Posted by cruisr
I am down to 1/4 still working. 3/4 survived the first shutdown in January and then 2 of them were murdered last week.

In a very ironic note, one of them that was killed last week via email, received an email yesterday reminding me that I can load cash at WM anytime. Ahhh, no! The shutdown email said I cant load anything on to it. What is Amex doing?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears

Where is this rumor?

Until you hear multi threads or something from Amex (I'm sure they would send out a e-mail or letter) to card holder a couple of months before this would happen so we can make other arrangements
Old Mar 14, 2016, 9:12 am

...(I'm sure they would send out a e-mail or letter) to card holder a couple of months before this would happen so we can make other arrangements
Not that I'm supporting the rumor, but they didn't bother with that with the bloodbath of OBC cards, why would they bother for lowly birds ?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Hbax
Not that I'm supporting the rumor, but they didn't bother with that with the bloodbath of OBC cards, why would they bother for lowly birds ?
They did exactly that for AFT in January which officially ends a week from today.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
Why even wait? Its only gets worst if you wait because I don't think the dust will ever settle at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.