Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
I tried the email tangey mentioned and surprisingly got the reply in less than an hour. I checked the local time in Tahiti by the time she replied me, it was 530am! How could it be possible? Someone actually works on the email at 5am?!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I tried the email tangey mentioned and surprisingly got the reply in less than an hour. I checked the local time in Tahiti by the time she replied me, it was 530am! How could it be possible? Someone actually works on the email at 5am?!
Probably not much else to work on in paradise at that time
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:06 pm

I emailed that same email 3 days ago and got nothing
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I emailed that same email 3 days ago and got nothing
Because Gordon has an IHG status (RA)?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
ic bora bora

My email response:

two bogo nights plus six point nights and another room for 5 point nights

All upgraded to emerald overwater villa. I am OK with that.

I am RA. And email said the first two nights wifi and minibar free. After that I need to pay XPF2500 to get internet.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
currently staying here at Thalasso. Pool, deep sea spa, gym, the restaurant for dinner and bubble bar are all closed for serious renovation. Only Sand restaurant is opened for 3 meals. The entire south wing is also closed for renovation. Only north wing is opened for guests, so that's why you might find some nights are fully booked in the next couple of months even in low season. Hotel offers complimentary buffet breakfast for all hotel guests to compensate for the inconvenience.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
currently staying here at Thalasso. Pool, deep sea spa, gym, the restaurant for dinner and bubble bar are all closed for serious renovation. Only Sand restaurant is opened for 3 meals. The entire south wing is also closed for renovation. Only north wing is opened for guests, so that's why you might find some nights are fully booked in the next couple of months even in low season. Hotel offers complimentary buffet breakfast for all hotel guests to compensate for the inconvenience.
I'd take that in a heartbeat!!! last time there it was around 42 US each for breakfast...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Wow. That is pretty drastic. Free breakfast would not be adequate compensation for me. Did you have notice of the closures before you arrived?

Curious as to the scope of the renovations. The reort is not that old (8-10 years, maybe), and there have been prior renovations due to typhoon damage in 2010, as well as replacement of all of the OWB roofs.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Wow. That is pretty drastic. Free breakfast would not be adequate compensation for me. Did you have notice of the closures before you arrived?

Curious as to the scope of the renovations. The reort is not that old (8-10 years, maybe), and there have been prior renovations due to typhoon damage in 2010, as well as replacement of all of the OWB roofs.
No, not at all. Nobody had ever contacted me about the renovation. I was the one who first sent an email to the hotel for requesting airport pick up one week before the arrival. Never mentioned anything about renovation in their email reply, I found out only when I arrived the hotel. The hotel first opened in 2006 late summer if I remember correctly.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
WOW! I, too, am of the opinion that free breakfast does NOT compensate for the "inconvenience." While I LOVE the rooms at the Thalasso, a pool and spa are an important part of any stay in Bora Bora.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
hello, gordon, I am also in thalasson. Do you have time to meet? It is nice to chat with flyertalker. I am in 104. give me a call.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Thumbs down

No, not at all. Nobody had ever contacted me about the renovation. I was the one who first sent an email to the hotel for requesting airport pick up one week before the arrival. Never mentioned anything about renovation in their email reply, I found out only when I arrived the hotel. The hotel first opened in 2006 late summer if I remember correctly.
I checked - opened May 2006.

I would be furious about no advance warning of these renovations. Particularly given that you are a captive audience on a motu, so it isn't exactly easy to stroll down the beach to another bar or spa. Not to mention the room rates.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by cactuspete
I checked - opened May 2006.

I would be furious about no advance warning of these renovations. Particularly given that you are a captive audience on a motu, so it isn't exactly easy to stroll down the beach to another bar or spa. Not to mention the room rates.
100% agree.
This resort is beautiful, but was quite tired 3 years ago already, so
a renovation is a good thing, might push me to staying there again. But
their attitude, although not uncommon in "French" Polynesia, really s@cks.
How big is the scope of work? I guess it will be going on for a while
if they want to renovate all the rooms in 2 phases.
They might try to do it before the summer high season...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Just got a note from the hotel. Renovation expected to be completed by end of February.. (Feb 28th).. plenty of buffer for May visit
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:27 pm

any update Gordon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.