Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: Qantas
Hi from Australia!
Planning a big trip in 2018. Lots to learn!
Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; SAA Voyager; EK Skywards Silver
Hi, from South Africa
Been a long time lurker in most of the threads, but today I decided to actually register my own account, and hopefully I can be a part of some good interactions going forward.

Flyertalk has changed my life, thank you to everyone who makes this wealth of knowledge and information possible
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: American Airlines, Delta
Hello I'm a newbie to this site

and I'm excited to be here!!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: AC 50K
new guy here too!!!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:08 am

hi, I am vedhika

I am vedhika, working as quality analyst at Ticketgoose. This my first post at flyertalk. Hope everyone doing well.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:53 pm

Newby question

I have points, now I need to know, more generally, how to use them. Darn, I wish I could just combine them all into one big pot. So looking for tips on combining. And how about when you cancel a card, what to do with the points if you're not going to travel right away. Where should I go for that kind of info? For instance, I have SPG points that expire 9/16 - where can I move them?

And my Citi points, I'm about ready to cancel that card but the points will expire 30 days later. I find that the best use would be to transfer to an airline. I don't have a fav airline because I live in small town America without a lot of options. So I have to go to big city anyway so I can just transfer to a large, easy-to-use airline (I guess)! So what airlines are great for a newby points person to use?

Those types of questions. Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:27 am

just came back after 3 years away sorry....i'll try to visit and contribute ..

56 years young scottish and frequent traveller ..
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:57 pm

Smile Greetings from a new member!

Hello, I've just joined these boards as a new member but have read items on here in the past and have found the info to be quiet useful!

I travel generally only for pleasure and mostly in the US other than to Aruba. I do not own a car so rent as needed, usually from Avis which is 24 hrs down the street from my apt.

I fly a number of airlines and don't have a particular allegiance to any, I generally do what is most convenient and best priced. I do have a few frequent flyer numbers (Jet Blue, United, Delta). Signed up for pre-check not too long ago and will be using that for the first time when I fly Jet Blue LGA-PBI around Thanksgiving 2016 (wish me luck! )

At the moment I am looking for a few tips regarding an Avis car rental (driving NY to Montreal/Quebec City) and am not sure if I should simply post questions here (probably not?!) or elsewhere? I see an Avis/Preferred member forum (though I don't think I'm a preferred member) which may be a better idea?

Thanks and look forward to reading the boards!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ept0202
Thanks Jackal - I am looking to make AA EXP for the first time. Still trying to figure out if worth the cost and if I have the time.
A great way that I found to introduce EXP to my wife is by having someone else convince her of a good idea. Not me.

Without further adieu, I give you

Then I invite you (and anyone else) to check out the following posts:
What is AA Elite Status worth in 2016?
American Elite Status Challenges 2016
ANNNNNNNNNND
"Buying" AA Platinum / OW Sapphier Elite status with Founders Card for $395

Good luck! See you soon in F/J class!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:24 pm

Hi i am new here
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Hello

Long time follower, finally registered.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:29 am

I've been lurking for a few days now. I love to travel, but rarely have the funds to do it as much as I'd like. However, I am learning a lot from on here! The possibilities!

I've been to London with a friend and travel throughout the US. I want to take a family trip to London so that is my goal at the moment. Let's see if I can make it happen.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:52 pm

Willy from Detroit.

Attorney that loves traveling and can keep you out of jail haha.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:37 pm

I'm Brian

Been a lurker for since 2008ish..decided to finally register and give back to the community!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:21 am

Greetings everyone. New member here. I've never done anything like this before with mileage and points so i have lots to learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.