Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by footastic

Spoke to GM regarding breakfast. As of today (6/1/2016) the diamond breakfast is buffet only. Said that breakfast has been all over lately and this is what is going to be standardized. Eggs will be a 6pound supplement. Hot items like French toast are around 12 pounds.
Heading here next month for Wimbledon and I'm not sure I understand. Were they saying the only diamond breakfast was the continental buffet and hot items were extra? I don't see how is is compliant with HGP terms and conditions.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
They "enhanced" the Diamond breakfast earlier this year and after many complaints, including from me, they reverted back to 1901 or room service as standard. Not sure why they are messing around again!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Quick update :

Spoke to GM regarding breakfast. As of today (6/1/2016) the diamond breakfast is buffet only. Said that breakfast has been all over lately and this is what is going to be standardized. Eggs will be a 6pound supplement. Hot items like French toast are around 12 pounds.
Had planned on booking two rooms there for a stay in August. Read a bunch of good things about the breakfast. This might change where I stay.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:42 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Over the years, I've been told all kinds of things about breakfast. In 1901, I've been told that an omelet or a cappuccino was extra. In Eastway, I've been told that the Diamond breakfast included certain items only.

In each case, I ordered whatever I wanted for breakfast (figuring that I'll just pay any extra cost). And in each case, all breakfast charges were removed from the bill.

All I'm saying is that it seems normal for this hotel to SAY all kinds of things about breakfast limitations. But it also seems the norm for the hotel to comp breakfast for Diamonds, despite all the rhetoric.

However, if this latest report / practice stands the test of time, it would be a disappointment but I'd still stay at this hotel due to proximity to my business client.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:02 am

I'm staying here for three nights in September with my mom. Need two beds. Am Diamond member and would like to use a Suite upgrade but I think the suites only have one bed. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:47 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I've had suites at this hotel where there's a main bed and there's also a sofa (in a separate room) which folds out into a bed.
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I'm staying here for three nights in September with my mom. Need two beds. Am Diamond member and would like to use a Suite upgrade but I think the suites only have one bed. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
I had emailed the hotel to inquire about the new breakfast policy and just received the following response:

"I am pleased to confirm that breakfast will be served at the 1901 restaurant for all the breakfast inclusive guests. All other breakfast charges posted under Room Service or Eastway will be charged at full paying rate should our guests prefer to dine in those areas.

The restaurant operating hours has been increased a couple of months ago from 6:30 to 10:00 to allow a better flow throughout the breakfast period.

In addition the price of the buffet will be increased from £26 to £28 per person and we will be providing an a al carte with a supplement charge of £6 per dish in addition to the buffet price."

The 1901 website says that the buffet is a "Full English Breakfast Buffet for £28 per person, complete with fresh juices and shakes and pancakes, waffles or your choice of eggs freshly cooked to order. " So it would seem that at least some hot items are included.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just to clarify the buffet had added some hot items (scrambled eggs, beans). 2 sunny side up eggs was a 6 pound supplements. Pancakes were 10. This was how it was charged and billed at checkout. - hot items may change daily but it appeared 2 dishes with beans and eggs. I only went down one more day after the change into effect so maybe they are adding additional hot options.

Last edited by footastic; Jun 5, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Review: Andaz London Liverpool Street (Andaz Large Suite + connecting Large King Room

Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt

40 Liverpool Street London, GB EC2M 7QN

Andaz London Liverpool Street review (Andaz Large Suite + connecting Large King Room) (14 Photos)

Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt

Andaz London Liverpool Street has been extensively reviewed and discussed in the master thread (and elsewhere). For this reason, my review will focus mainly on the suite and interconnecting room in which I stayed during a recent family holiday – information which I hope will be useful for those planning to share accommodation with family/friends.

Pre-stay

We booked 2 queen rooms (one under my name and one in the name of another family member; both of us are Diamond members). I used a DSU to upgrade my booking to an Andaz Suite.

Prior to our stay, I contacted the hotel by e-mail to request a rollaway bed in the suite (so that it could accommodate 3 people) and a connecting room. I received a quick response that the hotel would add a rollaway bed in the suite and endeavour to allocate a suite with a connecting room.  As a Diamond member, the rollaway bed fee was waived.

Check In

Entrance to the hotel:

DSCF7834.JPG

The associate who checked us in was friendly and welcoming.

The hotel’s policy requires ID to be presented at check-in by the person in whose name the booking was made (but you can show your Hyatt Gold Passport membership card in lieu of ID).

Andaz Large Suite

We were allocated an Andaz Large Suite (I only discovered that we had been upgraded from an Andaz Suite to an Andaz Large Suite on checking the floor plan on the Room 77 website (https://www.room77.com/floor_plan_standalone.html?hid=169262), as the associate did not mention anything about this at check-in). The suite consisted of a large room with the living area separated from the bed by a large cabinet with the television/minibar. The rollaway bed was set up in the living area of the suite. The bathroom was situated by the entrance. With a high ceiling and the large cabinet (rather than a wall) separating the two areas, the suite felt very spacious.

Living area:

DSCF7696.JPG

DSCF7718.JPG

King bed (we requested two single duvets):

DSCF7701.JPG

DSCF7734.JPG

The door to the connecting room was situated by the bed:

DSCF7697.JPG

View of the street from the suite:

DSCF7746.JPG

Although the suite was on the 2nd floor overlooking the main road (Bishopsgate), it was not noisy (as there was triple window glazing) and we slept well.

There was a welcome fruit platter, but no welcome letter. Wifi speed was good. There was a Nespresso machine.

Minibar:

DSCF7720.JPG

Bathroom:

1_DSCF7714.JPG

Connecting room (Large King Room)

We were allocated a Large King Room (again, I only discovered that we had been upgraded from a Queen Room to a Large King Room on checking the floor plan on the Room 77 website, as the associate did not mention anything about this at check-in).

The room was very spacious (there was plenty of space for a rollaway bed, so technically the Andaz Large Suite + connecting Large King Room could accommodate a total of 6 guests). The bed and the bathroom were both larger in this room than in the suite. Again, we requested two single duvets on the bed.

DSCF7813.JPG

Connecting door to the suite:

DSCF7812.JPG

Minibar:

DSCF7816.JPG

Bathroom:

DSCF7815.JPG

Andaz concept

Complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks are available in the hotel lobby and the minibar in every room for all hotel guests. In addition, complimentary wine is available in the evening in the hotel lobby.

Breakfast

As a Diamond member, the buffet breakfast in 1901 was free of charge (see the discussion in the hotel’s master thread on the removal of room service/Eastway complimentary breakfast options for Diamond members in June 2016).

The service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and proactive. The buffet consisted of both cooked and continental options (including smoked salmon), with eggs available made-to-order. The quality of food was high. There was a good ambience in 1901.

Breakfast is available from 6:30am to 10am (weekdays) and 7:30am to noon (weekends).

DSCF7821.JPG

Facilities

There is a fitness centre and spa in the basement of the hotel. The staff there were very friendly.

DSCF7750.JPG

The hotel is very conveniently located just outside Liverpool Street railway station. On exiting Liverpool Street tube station, turn left in the railway station concourse, then turn left and take the escalator up to street level (where there is a McDonald’s on the left). When you reach the street, turn left and you will reach the entrance to Andaz around 1 minute later.

Old Spitalfields Market is just 10-15 minutes away by foot. We visited on Sunday and it was very lively, with many stalls selling food, arts and crafts, clothes etc, as well as street performances.

Overall

We really enjoyed our stay at Andaz London Liverpool Street  spacious suite/connecting room, excellent service, convenient location and fantastic breakfast. We were very fortunate to receive an upgrade to the top suite and room categories (as we stayed during the weekend, the occupancy rate was probably lower, which meant that the hotel had more flexibility to upgrade us). I highly recommend this hotel.

Andaz London Liverpool Street review (Andaz Large Suite + connecting Large King Room)

Would you like to write a review on the Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We stayed on Friday as we were attending the London Do. Glad to say there was no fuss about breakfast - room service or full breakfast in 1901 were offered.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We stayed on Friday as we were attending the London Do. Glad to say there was no fuss about breakfast - room service or full breakfast in 1901 were offered.
What is going on at this property... I stayed the weekend of 1 July, and was told I could only use my Diamond breakfast in 1901, and not at Eastway. I also specifically asked about the room service, hoping the comments I've read here were erroneous, and I was told that it was discontinued
Granted this is my first stay here for the year, whereas in the past I was staying here monthly so before the room service was much more useful for me.

At 1901 I was never charged extra for the 2 cappuccinos I got, or the egg dishes I had ordered both days. Was told I did not have to sign for anything, so I still assumed as a Diamond it was almost a free-for-all. Still this property is probably my go-to for a London weekend due to decent rates and the ability to get upgraded easily.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:43 pm

Staying here in a few weeks with my wife celebrating my birthday. I have a DSU applied. Sure hope that they don't change Diamond breakfast. It was such a treat previously.

Do you recommend me reaching out to the management to let them know it's a special occasion? Would they do anything to make it a special stay or is it a waste of time?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here in a few weeks with my wife celebrating my birthday. I have a DSU applied. Sure hope that they don't change Diamond breakfast. It was such a treat previously.

Do you recommend me reaching out to the management to let them know it's a special occasion? Would they do anything to make it a special stay or is it a waste of time?
Stayed 2 weeks ago. Diamond DSU. Was told 1901 only. In all honesty buffet was more than fine. Hot items were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, potatoes and mushrooms. Also cereal, nice breads and pastries, smoked salmon, cheese, posh yogurt and nice fresh cut fruit. Good selection of juices including mango. I really didn't feel I needed anything else.

In the room was a free soft drink minibar including proper milk in the fridge for tea, plus a selection of fun size chocolate bars and other nibbles. Also a free bottle of red.

Will definitely stay again.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
The mini cookies are good. Made by Frank's Luxury Biscuits.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam

Previous GM's looked after Diamonds very well IME. The latest GM, Otto, doesn't seem to be bothered if Hyatt's most loyal customers are unhappy Still it's worth talking to one of the management team as you might get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.