Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Wooglin
​​​​​​
I do that all the time. Sometimes I just like eating on my way out the door, or wife/kid doesn't want to get dressed to go eat so I'll go there and bring it back. Never been a problem.

Just don't leave the hotel with the dishware
Many clubs will even offer a tray to carry stuff out.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Or even take out containers

I've actually put fruit in a to-go coffee cup with a lid and taken it back to my room.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Or even take out containers

I've actually put fruit in a to-go coffee cup with a lid and taken it back to my room.
Yup, I've also on a rare occasion put alcoho... er, cockta.... er, fruit, yeah, fruit, in a take away coffee cup for later consumption.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yeah, fruit works good
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:11 am

Can you get Hyatt to status match SPG anymore?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:14 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by rutiene
http://statusmatcher.com/company/hyatt
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rutiene
No, there is no status match currently being offered.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
Question on using Chase free night Cat 1-4 award.

I just booked a two night award stay at a Category 2 hotel for 16,000 points. There was a two-night minimum booking, so I was unable to do certificate+8,000 points, and customer service was unable to do the same because the hotel was "sold out" for the second night stay.

Now that I have two nights reserved, is it possible to call up and replace 8,000 points with my award certificate?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by umich07

I just booked a two night award stay at a Category 2 hotel for 16,000 points. There was a two-night minimum booking, so I was unable to do certificate+8,000 points, and customer service was unable to do the same because the hotel was "sold out" for the second night stay.

Now that I have two nights reserved, is it possible to call up and replace 8,000 points with my award certificate?
I'd give the property a call and talk to someone in in-house reservations. This should be something they can do (or help WOH do so).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by umich07

Personally, I think you should save the certificate unless you KNOW that you won't have use for it in the future. Since these can go up to a Cat 4, i.e. 15000 pts per night, that's over double the value to using at a Cat 2.

However, it seems like they maybe could have done something. Back in the days of HGP and the "old system", I booked a room at the Andaz 5th Ave that had a 3-night minimum. The rep was able to call the hotel and have them waive the minimum for me so that I could use 2 nights of certificate and 1 night of points. I ended up changing the reservation to cash but the previous reservation worked.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:27 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Does it make sense to choose the airline mileage programme to credit the points? Since the changes I have no idea anymore what the best choice is.

I understand, there is no such thing as double dipping, but if I stay two nights in one stay, I should get 500 miles for the stay credited to my mileage programme and another 500 points credited to WOH on the second night??

Or is it just better to go for WOH points and no airline miles at all?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Nope, Mxr! It's a choice of one of these per stay: WOH points or 500 miles. I find a WOH point to be worth as much as or more than a mile of most airlines, and also more usable. The only time I would ever consider getting FF miles for a Hyatt stay would be a one-nighter priced < US$119 before taxes if I needed 500 miles to reach an award flight, to earn a promo bonus for earning from partners, or to prevent expiry of my miles.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I will be receiving 2 nights free from my recent Chase Hyatt credit card bonus in Aug. 2017
Do I have to stay by Aug.2018 or can I use it to book hotel for April 2019 before free night certificate's expiry of Aug.2018?
Same question for IHG free anniversary certificate..
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by desikid
I will be receiving 2 nights free from my recent Chase Hyatt credit card bonus in Aug. 2017
Do I have to stay by Aug.2018 or can I use it to book hotel for April 2019 before free night certificate's expiry of Aug.2018?
Same question for IHG free anniversary certificate..
For Chase, your stay must be completed by the expiration date of your free nights. See the Wiki of this thread: The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I understand that WoH members can book up to 3 rooms with their member number and get base points for all of them...and also that there's "Guest of Honor" privileges that can be passed to another who is not a Globalist member.

If one were to hypothetically become a Hyatt Globalist and thus get complimentary room upgrades (up to standard suite), how does it work when that Globalist books three rooms (say, if they are travelling with their close and also extended family)? Do all three rooms get the upgrade? Can the Globalist get the upgrade for his/her room, select a second room as a Guest of Honor, and the third room gets no consideration?

Also, if you hit a new tier in the middle of a stay, how do award points get calculated? Does the entire stay get the bonus percentage of the lower tier, or does Hyatt split things based on nights at each tier?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.