Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt/mast1. {link no longer works}

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 28, 2014 at 7:48 am
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is there any additional information on the page you linked that is not included in this thread?

Official - Hyatt to offer Chase Visa Card
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.
Good idea, I've locked that previous thread pointing to this thread to continue discussions.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:59 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?
I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by indo79
I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and ...
What/who is PLA? Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
What/who is PLA? Thanks!
Indo79 probably means private line agent.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by indo79
I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.

please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.
I have three -- BA, UA and CO, and plan to cancel the BA card when it comes up for renewal in a few months. I suspect sooner or later the UA and CO card offerings will be merged by Chase -- not sure what they'll do in cases like mine, but the CO card is fairly new and doesn't start incurring a fee until mid-2011.

Thanks to the "crack the case" PC promo I will probably get the PC card some time next year to earn 30k bonus points and my final "latch" to get the 125,000 bonus. So I suspect it will be a while before I'll sign up for the Hyatt Visa.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just logged into Chase & found that I have been approved for a $5K line on my new Hyatt card. I'm surprised because my new BA card started with a measly $500 line last December, so I had to move some credit line over from my Marriott card.
I got the BA card just to grab the 100K, so I shall cancel it when the annual fee comes due in Jan. 2011, after which I can get a PC card to Crack My Case to grab enough points to renew PC Plat until Feb. 2013!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I just applied for the Chase PC card, which on balance I think is a slightly better deal than the Hyatt one if used selectively, but which also suits my short-term travel plans better (a combination of the PC Crack the Case promo, plus their FFN fall promo, plus gifted RA status which I doubt I'll requalify for and would like to enjoy while it lasts, on the one hand, and a large stack of Hyatt Costco check certs militating against using a CC for any US Hyatt stays on the other hand). I plan to drop my BA CC just before the end of its first year, and will probably apply for the Hyatt CC 6 or 7 months from now, particularly if the enrollment offer is sweetened.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: UA
Free Platinum Membership?

Does anyone know this benifit of getting the Card is for 5 stay credits, or just a "Platinum" without any effect on one's qualification towards Diamond?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
I was approved for the Hyatt credit card but I should have waited. I had planned to earn platinum status later this year. If I had waited to apply when I was platinum, I would have received 2 free suite upgrades.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.