FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1124212-hyatt-rewards-card-chase-wiki.html)

Firewind Sep 7, 2010 5:08 pm

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt/mast1. {link no longer works}

tom911 Sep 7, 2010 5:15 pm

Is there any additional information on the page you linked that is not included in this thread?

Official - Hyatt to offer Chase Visa Card

jumpdogjump Sep 7, 2010 6:24 pm

No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.

peteropny Sep 7, 2010 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump (Post 14618308)
No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.

Good idea, I've locked that previous thread pointing to this thread to continue discussions.

J.Edward Sep 7, 2010 8:59 pm

Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?

indo79 Sep 7, 2010 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by J.Edward (Post 14619004)
Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?

I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.

azhoopsfan Sep 8, 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14619057)
I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and ...

What/who is PLA? Thanks!

BETA Sep 8, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan (Post 14621832)
What/who is PLA? Thanks!

Indo79 probably means private line agent.

iwpingmu Sep 8, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14619057)
I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.

please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.

notquiteaff Sep 8, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu (Post 14623546)
please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.

I have three -- BA, UA and CO, and plan to cancel the BA card when it comes up for renewal in a few months. I suspect sooner or later the UA and CO card offerings will be merged by Chase -- not sure what they'll do in cases like mine, but the CO card is fairly new and doesn't start incurring a fee until mid-2011.

Thanks to the "crack the case" PC promo I will probably get the PC card some time next year to earn 30k bonus points and my final "latch" to get the 125,000 bonus. So I suspect it will be a while before I'll sign up for the Hyatt Visa.

Brendan Sep 8, 2010 7:51 pm

I just logged into Chase & found that I have been approved for a $5K line on my new Hyatt card. I'm surprised because my new BA card started with a measly $500 line last December, so I had to move some credit line over from my Marriott card.
I got the BA card just to grab the 100K, so I shall cancel it when the annual fee comes due in Jan. 2011, after which I can get a PC card to Crack My Case :) to grab enough points to renew PC Plat until Feb. 2013!

rfrost Sep 8, 2010 8:37 pm

I just applied for the Chase PC card, which on balance I think is a slightly better deal than the Hyatt one if used selectively, but which also suits my short-term travel plans better (a combination of the PC Crack the Case promo, plus their FFN fall promo, plus gifted RA status which I doubt I'll requalify for and would like to enjoy while it lasts, on the one hand, and a large stack of Hyatt Costco check certs militating against using a CC for any US Hyatt stays on the other hand). I plan to drop my BA CC just before the end of its first year, and will probably apply for the Hyatt CC 6 or 7 months from now, particularly if the enrollment offer is sweetened.

shbl Sep 9, 2010 5:48 am

Free Platinum Membership?

Does anyone know this benifit of getting the Card is for 5 stay credits, or just a "Platinum" without any effect on one's qualification towards Diamond?

poptarts Sep 9, 2010 7:47 am

I was approved for the Hyatt credit card but I should have waited. I had planned to earn platinum status later this year. If I had waited to apply when I was platinum, I would have received 2 free suite upgrades. :(

Jeeves Sep 9, 2010 7:48 am

I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.