FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1124212-hyatt-rewards-card-chase-wiki.html)

Firewind Sep 7, 2010 5:08 pm

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt/mast1. {link no longer works}

tom911 Sep 7, 2010 5:15 pm

Is there any additional information on the page you linked that is not included in this thread?

Official - Hyatt to offer Chase Visa Card

jumpdogjump Sep 7, 2010 6:24 pm

No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.

peteropny Sep 7, 2010 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump (Post 14618308)
No, but the title is much better than previous monstrosity of a thread. Without starting a tangential debate, seems it might be time to have this more appropriately titled thread take over for the actual card issues now that the offer is live.

Of course, the final determination will be left to Peter's omniscience.

Good idea, I've locked that previous thread pointing to this thread to continue discussions.

J.Edward Sep 7, 2010 8:59 pm

Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?

indo79 Sep 7, 2010 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by J.Edward (Post 14619004)
Has anyone had any luck with getting Chase to change an existing credit card account to the Hyatt card?

I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.

azhoopsfan Sep 8, 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14619057)
I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and ...

What/who is PLA? Thanks!

BETA Sep 8, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by azhoopsfan (Post 14621832)
What/who is PLA? Thanks!

Indo79 probably means private line agent.

iwpingmu Sep 8, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14619057)
I currently have 4 chase cards, of which 2 of them are unused. I applied for the Hyatt card today through my PLA and 20 mins later, Chase called and asked me for more information. They noted I already have 4 Chase cards and asked if I was willing to move some limits over. I said just cancel out one card to get the Hyatt card, provided all limits for that card was transferred over to the Hyatt card.

Agent noted that recommendation and said I would know in a few days.

please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.

notquiteaff Sep 8, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu (Post 14623546)
please update if anything new from chase ( such as conditional offer or denial etc.)
I also have Marriott, PC, UA etc. total 4 cards from chase, and consider to cancell 1 card in order to open this one.

I have three -- BA, UA and CO, and plan to cancel the BA card when it comes up for renewal in a few months. I suspect sooner or later the UA and CO card offerings will be merged by Chase -- not sure what they'll do in cases like mine, but the CO card is fairly new and doesn't start incurring a fee until mid-2011.

Thanks to the "crack the case" PC promo I will probably get the PC card some time next year to earn 30k bonus points and my final "latch" to get the 125,000 bonus. So I suspect it will be a while before I'll sign up for the Hyatt Visa.

Brendan Sep 8, 2010 7:51 pm

I just logged into Chase & found that I have been approved for a $5K line on my new Hyatt card. I'm surprised because my new BA card started with a measly $500 line last December, so I had to move some credit line over from my Marriott card.
I got the BA card just to grab the 100K, so I shall cancel it when the annual fee comes due in Jan. 2011, after which I can get a PC card to Crack My Case :) to grab enough points to renew PC Plat until Feb. 2013!

rfrost Sep 8, 2010 8:37 pm

I just applied for the Chase PC card, which on balance I think is a slightly better deal than the Hyatt one if used selectively, but which also suits my short-term travel plans better (a combination of the PC Crack the Case promo, plus their FFN fall promo, plus gifted RA status which I doubt I'll requalify for and would like to enjoy while it lasts, on the one hand, and a large stack of Hyatt Costco check certs militating against using a CC for any US Hyatt stays on the other hand). I plan to drop my BA CC just before the end of its first year, and will probably apply for the Hyatt CC 6 or 7 months from now, particularly if the enrollment offer is sweetened.

shbl Sep 9, 2010 5:48 am

Free Platinum Membership?

Does anyone know this benifit of getting the Card is for 5 stay credits, or just a "Platinum" without any effect on one's qualification towards Diamond?

poptarts Sep 9, 2010 7:47 am

I was approved for the Hyatt credit card but I should have waited. I had planned to earn platinum status later this year. If I had waited to apply when I was platinum, I would have received 2 free suite upgrades. :(

Jeeves Sep 9, 2010 7:48 am

I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.

Gold Passport Concierge Sep 9, 2010 7:51 am

Hyatt Card Benefits

Originally Posted by shbl (Post 14626559)
Does anyone know this benifit of getting the Card is for 5 stay credits, or just a "Platinum" without any effect on one's qualification towards Diamond?

shbl,

You will receive automatic Platinum tier status, as long as the Hyatt Card remains active. However, you will not receive the stay/night credit that one would normally have to complete in order to receive Platinum.

ismann Sep 9, 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by poptarts (Post 14626977)
I was approved for the Hyatt credit card but I should have waited. I had planned to earn platinum status later this year. If I had waited to apply when I was platinum, I would have received 2 free suite upgrades. :(

The 2 free suite nights are for Diamond members, so I don't think you missed out on anything by applying for the card early.

mnmag Sep 9, 2010 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ismann (Post 14627367)
The 2 free suite nights are for Diamond members, so I don't think you missed out on anything by applying for the card early.

Yes, but it was later clarified that Plats would receive 2 free suite upgrades (like the ones we Diamonds receive each year!;))^

japperific Sep 9, 2010 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 14626987)
I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.

I guess Chase is promoting the two free nights at any Hyatt in the world upon first purchase as their bonus. For some, I think that will be like a bonus; for others, maybe not. I couldn't find any information on expiration for these free night redemptions though...

slocouple Sep 9, 2010 10:11 am

Check your email and spam folder -- Crack the Case is a targeted promo. Plus, see the extensive thread.

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 14626987)

bostonpilot Sep 9, 2010 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ismann (Post 14627367)

I feel like I missed somethign here. "2 free suite nights are for diamond members"

If I look at the credit card description page on hyatt.com they only reference 2 free standard nights. Is there some different offer of 2 suite nights for us diamonds that I am not seeing?

point bonita lighthouse Sep 9, 2010 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot (Post 14629242)
I feel like I missed somethign here. "2 free suite nights are for diamond members"

If I look at the credit card description page on hyatt.com they only reference 2 free standard nights. Is there some different offer of 2 suite nights for us diamonds that I am not seeing?

Yes. The Hyatt Gold Points rep talks about diamond members benefits in the earlier thread.

nnn Sep 9, 2010 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot (Post 14629242)

Yes, for Diamonds the two free nights that come with the card are in suites. It's been posted several times by Hyatt reps in the other credit card thread.

poptarts Sep 9, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag (Post 14627381)
Yes, but it was later clarified that Plats would receive 2 free suite upgrades (like the ones we Diamonds receive each year!;))^

The following posts (nos. 249, 250, 251) confirms that platinum members will receive 2 free suite upgrades (diamonds get 2 free suites, gold gets standard rooms) at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post14587327.

coterie Sep 9, 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts (Post 14631155)
The following posts (nos. 249, 250, 251) confirms that platinum members will receive 2 free suite upgrades (diamonds get 2 free suites, gold gets standard rooms) at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post14587327.

Feels like the Plat deal is better than the Diamond's. I guess we'll have to wait to see all the details. I'll be losing my Diamond status next year. Would have been nice to have the upgrades instead...

goracers Sep 10, 2010 7:47 am

Has anyone actually received the card yet?

indo79 Sep 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Just a quick update, I logged in to Chase today and saw that one of my accounts has closed but no sign of the Hyatt card account number yet. Will keep you guys updated.

oc2005 Sep 10, 2010 2:24 pm

I still haven't received my card yet after receiving a "you've been approved email" early this week which said I should receive my card via UPS overnight by now (which is unfortunate since I leave this weekend for a week at various Hyatt's and it looks like it won't arrive before I leave).

But as of last night the following info automatically appeared on my existing chase.com account where I have a savings & checking account:

CREDIT CARD (...[DELETED]) HYATT
Account Summary YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME

Outstanding balance† $0.00 See activity
Payment due date 11/02/2010 See statement
Minimum payment due $0.00 Pay credit card
Balance last statement $0.00
Available credit† [DELETED] Transfer balances
Total credit limit† [DELETED]
Hyatt Gold Passport Points See rewards details
See more information

The actual credit limit is listed on the page and was a similar limit to what SPG's AMEX gave me. All the links seem to be pretty standard info - no new special offers and nothing of note.

indo79 Sep 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005 (Post 14635801)
I still haven't received my card yet after receiving a "you've been approved email" early this week which said I should receive my card via UPS overnight by now (which is unfortunate since I leave this weekend for a week at various Hyatt's and it looks like it won't arrive before I leave).

But as of last night the following info automatically appeared on my existing chase.com account where I have a savings & checking account:

CREDIT CARD (...[DELETED]) HYATT
Account Summary YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME

Outstanding balance† $0.00 See activity
Payment due date 11/02/2010 See statement
Minimum payment due $0.00 Pay credit card
Balance last statement $0.00
Available credit† [DELETED] Transfer balances
Total credit limit† [DELETED]
Hyatt Gold Passport Points See rewards details
See more information

The actual credit limit is listed on the page and was a similar limit to what SPG's AMEX gave me. All the links seem to be pretty standard info - no new special offers and nothing of note.

Yep, they closed my Chase Freedom and the previous credit limit of $XX,XXX is now down to $100 :D

I did tell them to move over all limits from Freedom to the new Hyatt card. Let's see if they actually do it.

notquiteaff Sep 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14635904)
Yep, they closed my Chase Freedom and the previous credit limit of $XX,XXX is now down to $100 :D

I did tell them to move over all limits from Freedom to the new Hyatt card. Let's see if they actually do it.

In my experience, the $100 limit is an interim step towards closure of the account, i.e., in a few weeks or so it will disappear completely.

JayMR Sep 10, 2010 5:31 pm

I applied for and am hoping to receive the card sometime this weekend! Was previously a Gold member but had 4 stays so far this year and am staying a a property next week. As the card automatically upgrades you to Platinum status, will there be any additional benefit if I 'naturally' qualify for Platinum next week?

schoflyer Sep 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk JayMR.

I'm told I'm "pending" in queue awaiting app review.

-scho

oc2005 Sep 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Arrived!

After giving up hope that my Hyatt cards would arrive before leaving, I checked my mail box this morning, what do you know? They arrived! So much for them being shipped UPS overnight for Diamonds. They were shipped Presorted First Class US Mail from Westerville, OH and were sent with the cardmember agreement and a small brochure titled "The Hyatt Card" "Simplicity at its most rewarding" "Your guide to rewards and benefits"

dw Sep 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Would you be able to tell us what the material says about the trip cancellation and baggage delay insurance that is mentioned on the benefits website?

courcoison Sep 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Good Day:
This Hyatt Diamond was denied the Hyatt Visa today in writing because he has 2 Chase accounts.
As stated in my earlier post I suspected it would be a problem when my original on line application did not let me enter the simple fact I owned my home.
First my last name was not used properly although I was told Chase had the right information…
Instead of “Dear Mr.Courcoison” it read “Dear Mr.Courc”.
Scary to see a financial institution making such mistakes and showing such a lack of respect.
One would think that after the last three years debacle the banking industry would get a clue.
Chase did not even run a credit check.
One of the accounts is a two months old Southwest Visa account.
I was actually directly contacted and offered this pre-approved Southwest visa with no fee the first year and two free Southwest tickets by Chase.
I have not flown Southwest once in 2010 but spent in excess of $8000.00 with Hyatt to date and qualified for 2011 Diamond Status months ago.
I was offered to give up the Southwest card (and the 2 free tickets) in exchange for having my Hyatt Visa application “reviewed” but turned the offer down.
Neither Hyatt nor Chase is rating very high right now in my book.

LIH Prem Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by courcoison (Post 14641311)
One of the accounts is a two months old Southwest Visa account.

Apparently that's the problem, if you read through the other thread about the Hyatt Credit Card that was closed when this one was started. Starting with post #22 in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...visa-card.html

So we have the 2 cards in 6 months problem and the 2 threads on the same topic with one of them closed problem. :D

-David

courcoison Sep 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 14641435)
Apparently that's the problem, if you read through the other thread about the Hyatt Credit Card that was closed when this one was started. Starting with post #22 in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...visa-card.html

So we have the 2 cards in 6 months problem and the 2 threads on the same topic with one of them closed problem. :D

-David

Good Day:

Thanks for linking the original Hyatt Credit Card thread as I posted my first comments there.
2 cards in 6 months apparently is a problem for Chase.
With customers that are credit worthy I fail to see why it should be a concern.
It tells me Chase really does not know what it is doing.
Does Hyatt ?

notquiteaff Sep 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by courcoison (Post 14641481)
Good Day:

Thanks for linking the original Hyatt Credit Card thread as I posted my first comments there.
2 cards in 6 months apparently is a problem for Chase.

I believe Chase currently has a rule of not approving more than one application every six months. It's come up in the other Hyatt Visa thread (but of course I don't blame you for not reading that thread in all its glory).

Originally Posted by courcoison (Post 14641311)
Chase did not even run a credit check.

Be glad about that.

With customers that are credit worthy I fail to see why it should be a concern.
It tells me Chase really does not know what it is doing.
Does Hyatt ?
I don't know why Hyatt implemented that rule (seems a bit arbitrary).
Then again, I also don't know why credit companies throw so many miles and other benefits at proven non-profitable customers (e.g., Chase lets you open a new CO Onepass checking account every year and collect a bonus; you just can't have more than one, so you need to close the one from the previous year... silly). Maybe they just don't think they'd get more credit card charges out of you by giving you another card? ;)

Since I got a OnePass MC just two or so months ago, I have no plans to apply for the Hyatt VISA for the moment, and might in fact go for the PC VISA thanks to the Crack-The-Case promo.

courcoison Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Good Day:

Thanks for your comments.

One wonders how each brand Chase pledges to serve feels about the way they are being peddled against one another regardless of customer worth and status.

The all thing is a farce.

oc2005 Sep 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by dw (Post 14640913)
Would you be able to tell us what the material says about the trip cancellation and baggage delay insurance that is mentioned on the benefits website?

No problem - it's in 10 pages of about 7 point font, but the basics seem to be this:

$500 Baggage Delay Benefit:
Daily benefit of $100 a day for 5 days in the event of baggage delay. Limited to expenses incurred for the emergency purchase of essential items at a destination other than your primary residence. Long list of items NOT covered by this (contact lenses, artificial teeth, electronic equipment, jewelry, business samples, tickets/documents, etc.) And this insurance is excess over any other insurance or indemnity you have that might cover this. So you have to try your homeowners policy or airline/cruise/etc. coverage first, and they only cover any amounts in excess of that covered.

$5,000 Trip Cancellation/Interruption:
Up to $5,000 benefit for trips cancelled/interrupted resulting from 1. death, accidental injury, disease or physical illness of the insured person or an immediate family member of the insured person or 2. default of the common carrier resulting from financial insolvency. Death/injury/disease must be verified by a physician and must prevent covered person from traveling on a covered trip. They only reimburse up to the actual non-refundable amount paid by the insured (up to $5K max) and you must relinquish any unused vouchers, tickets, coupons, travel privileges, etc.

Then there are other sections on travel accident insurance ($500,000), lost luggage reimbursement ($3,000 max with all kinds of exceptions), travel and emergency services, trip delay reimbursement ($300 per ticket), price protection ($500 per item, $2500 total annual limit), purchase protection ($500 max per claim), return protection ($500 max per item), warranty manager service, personal identity theft, auto rental collision damage waiver, etc.

That's the quick summary, but if anyone really wants to know all the ins and outs, let me know, and I can scan in the whole document.