Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Official - Hyatt to offer Chase Visa Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official - Hyatt to offer Chase Visa Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Of course, the certs are gone for now.

SPG Business gives an SPG point and 5% cashback for Hyatt spend?

I thought it was 3% for OPEN?

The Costco Business Amex gives 3% for Hyatt cashback and I think the regular 2% for travel. Also 5% for Marriott, etc. 4% back on gas. And free for Costco members. So that's a decent card.
Has anyone received OPEN cashback at Hyatt using SPG Biz AMEX? I've tried it but didn't receive the OPEN cash.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by benmaller
Has anyone received OPEN cashback at Hyatt using SPG Biz AMEX? I've tried it but didn't receive the OPEN cash.
Yes, I definitely have. It's 3% cash back plus 1 Starpoint per dollar.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by benmaller
I haven't, but I definitely get the 5% cashback from FedEx spend every time with my other OPEN card. It is applied monthly as a credit whenever I use it.

So OPEN at least partially works.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:54 pm

My Private Line rep said that there would probably be some yet to be determined anniversary bonus if you keep the card past 1 year. Surely they realize there is insufficient incentive for many people to renew otherwise. The Chase Marriott card offers a free night every year and the annual fee is less than the Hyatt card.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DealDetective
If CDW is accepted, the rental car company bears all the liability and there is no need for the supplemental coverage.
Not necessarily. Often in Europe, accepting the CDW from the car company, only lowers the outlay you must make if you actually get into an accident. If you decline the CDW and you get into the accident, you are on the hook for the entire car, but if accepted under the above scenario, you have only lowered the amount you are on the hook for.

The CDW or LDW that would cover everything often in those instances is called Super CDW, but is not always offered by the car company.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Gold Passport Concierge--I hope you pass along the sentiments of many people on this forum---this is very underwhelming---especially to current Diamond members. I don't plan on applying for this card and am very disappointed. Diamond until 02/2012--hopefully longer--however this card just doesn't do anything for my situation. Best of luck to those partaking of this card/promotion.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:56 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
I don't think it's a bad offer at all, especially with the lack of FX fees for folks who frequently spend abroad and the two nights via FFNs (and in suites for Diamonds) seems like a well positioned new-member benefit.

It would be nice to see if Chase and Gold Passport could figure out some scheme to reward existing card-members, even if it was something simple (i.e. a free FFN for every five stays you pay for with the card), but all in all I think Hyatt did a decent job with the card.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's worthwhile to read gleff's on the Hyatt credit card. He interviewed Chris Walker of Hyatt. Note that he was told diamonds will get two suite upgrades on paid stays, not that the 2 free nights would be in suites. I hope that what Gold Passport Concierge has posted above is the accurate information.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's worthwhile to read gleff's on the Hyatt credit card. He interviewed Chris Walker of Hyatt. Note that he was told diamonds will get two suite upgrades on paid stays, not that the 2 free nights would be in suites. I hope that what Gold Passport Concierge has posted above is the accurate information.
If you re-read his post you're mistaken on what he said. Diamonds indeed will get the 2 free nights in suites. It is platinum's that will get the 2 confirmed suite upgrades for paid stays.(Along with 2 free nights in regular rooms.)

For the diamond member, as I had noted this morning, the card didn’t just offer two free nights as a signup bonus, but those nights would be confirmed in suites.

It sounded from the initial offerings on the website that existing Platinum members were left out of the equation. Sure they’d get two free nights like everyone else, but the Platinum status from the card signup was useless to them if they already had it and they wouldn’t get their free nights confirmed in suites.

Well, Chris shared that Platinum members will receive 2 confirmed suite upgrades for use on paid stays as an additional signup bonus for the card, in addition to the two free nights at Hyatt properties. Cool offer.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mlad1101
If you re-read his post you're mistaken on what he said. Diamonds indeed will get the 2 free nights in suites. It is platinum's that will get the 2 confirmed suite upgrades for paid stays.(Along with 2 free nights in regular rooms.)
Thank you. You are correct.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you. You are correct.
I personally find the deal more attractive for Plats than Diamond's. 2 Free room nights and 2 Suite upgrades on(possibly longer) paid stays vs. just 2 nights in a Suite for Diamond.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
What will happen for a GP member who is currently Diamond but won't requalify for next year?

If they go to redeem the nights next year will they get 2 nights in a suite or no?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
I must say as a VERY loyal Hyatt person I am disappointed with this new card offer.

I had my had on the trigger ready for Credit card collateral damage with existing cards, but I am glad I was steady and held off.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Platinum
I too am a little disappointed with the new Hyatt Credit Card offer. I'm a typical paying platinum member looking for some great incentive.

The card gives you automatic platinum status, but I make that every year at the very least. Speculation is that the platinums will get 2 suite upgrades for paid stays along with 2 free nights. Not bad, but for 75 dollars a year? Will I continue to get 2 suite upgrades and 2 free nights every year? Like others were stating earlier, there is no incentive to stay on. I would love to join and cancel after a year, but I don't want my credit score to be affected.

If it is true that the existing platinums will get those 2 suite upgrades, I would like to have it stated somewhere explicitly by Hyatt on the application. Other than that, I think its just wishful thinking. Still very much on the fence on getting this CC. Leaning on the side on holding on for a better deal.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I love this new card. I especially love the 2 FFNs to start, but I hope they add an anniversary bonus to match the Chase PC Visa. 1 GP point per $ of general spend is way better than 1 measly Marriott or PC point per $ ! Also beats the .6 Hyatt point per $ on the DC card. Indeed it's almost as good as 1 *wood point per $ on Amex, while the Visa acceptance & lack of forex fee put it over the top!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.