FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1124212-hyatt-rewards-card-chase-wiki.html)

Gold Passport Concierge Sep 9, 2010 7:51 am

Hyatt Card Benefits

Originally Posted by shbl (Post 14626559)
Does anyone know this benifit of getting the Card is for 5 stay credits, or just a "Platinum" without any effect on one's qualification towards Diamond?

shbl,

You will receive automatic Platinum tier status, as long as the Hyatt Card remains active. However, you will not receive the stay/night credit that one would normally have to complete in order to receive Platinum.

ismann Sep 9, 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by poptarts (Post 14626977)
I was approved for the Hyatt credit card but I should have waited. I had planned to earn platinum status later this year. If I had waited to apply when I was platinum, I would have received 2 free suite upgrades. :(

The 2 free suite nights are for Diamond members, so I don't think you missed out on anything by applying for the card early.

mnmag Sep 9, 2010 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ismann (Post 14627367)
The 2 free suite nights are for Diamond members, so I don't think you missed out on anything by applying for the card early.

Yes, but it was later clarified that Plats would receive 2 free suite upgrades (like the ones we Diamonds receive each year!;))^

japperific Sep 9, 2010 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 14626987)
I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.

I guess Chase is promoting the two free nights at any Hyatt in the world upon first purchase as their bonus. For some, I think that will be like a bonus; for others, maybe not. I couldn't find any information on expiration for these free night redemptions though...

slocouple Sep 9, 2010 10:11 am

Check your email and spam folder -- Crack the Case is a targeted promo. Plus, see the extensive thread.

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 14626987)
I guess I will have to look into the PC Crack the Case promo, since it is mentioned so much in this thread.

I'm going to hold off on the Hyatt card for now. I'm hoping for some bonus sign-up points down the road.

bostonpilot Sep 9, 2010 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ismann (Post 14627367)

I feel like I missed somethign here. "2 free suite nights are for diamond members"

If I look at the credit card description page on hyatt.com they only reference 2 free standard nights. Is there some different offer of 2 suite nights for us diamonds that I am not seeing?

point bonita lighthouse Sep 9, 2010 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot (Post 14629242)
I feel like I missed somethign here. "2 free suite nights are for diamond members"

If I look at the credit card description page on hyatt.com they only reference 2 free standard nights. Is there some different offer of 2 suite nights for us diamonds that I am not seeing?

Yes. The Hyatt Gold Points rep talks about diamond members benefits in the earlier thread.

nnn Sep 9, 2010 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by bostonpilot (Post 14629242)

Yes, for Diamonds the two free nights that come with the card are in suites. It's been posted several times by Hyatt reps in the other credit card thread.

poptarts Sep 9, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag (Post 14627381)
Yes, but it was later clarified that Plats would receive 2 free suite upgrades (like the ones we Diamonds receive each year!;))^

The following posts (nos. 249, 250, 251) confirms that platinum members will receive 2 free suite upgrades (diamonds get 2 free suites, gold gets standard rooms) at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post14587327.

coterie Sep 9, 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts (Post 14631155)
The following posts (nos. 249, 250, 251) confirms that platinum members will receive 2 free suite upgrades (diamonds get 2 free suites, gold gets standard rooms) at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post14587327.

Feels like the Plat deal is better than the Diamond's. I guess we'll have to wait to see all the details. I'll be losing my Diamond status next year. Would have been nice to have the upgrades instead...

goracers Sep 10, 2010 7:47 am

Has anyone actually received the card yet?

indo79 Sep 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Just a quick update, I logged in to Chase today and saw that one of my accounts has closed but no sign of the Hyatt card account number yet. Will keep you guys updated.

oc2005 Sep 10, 2010 2:24 pm

I still haven't received my card yet after receiving a "you've been approved email" early this week which said I should receive my card via UPS overnight by now (which is unfortunate since I leave this weekend for a week at various Hyatt's and it looks like it won't arrive before I leave).

But as of last night the following info automatically appeared on my existing chase.com account where I have a savings & checking account:

CREDIT CARD (...[DELETED]) HYATT
Account Summary YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME

Outstanding balance† $0.00 See activity
Payment due date 11/02/2010 See statement
Minimum payment due $0.00 Pay credit card
Balance last statement $0.00
Available credit† [DELETED] Transfer balances
Total credit limit† [DELETED]
Hyatt Gold Passport Points See rewards details
See more information

The actual credit limit is listed on the page and was a similar limit to what SPG's AMEX gave me. All the links seem to be pretty standard info - no new special offers and nothing of note.

indo79 Sep 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005 (Post 14635801)
I still haven't received my card yet after receiving a "you've been approved email" early this week which said I should receive my card via UPS overnight by now (which is unfortunate since I leave this weekend for a week at various Hyatt's and it looks like it won't arrive before I leave).

But as of last night the following info automatically appeared on my existing chase.com account where I have a savings & checking account:

CREDIT CARD (...[DELETED]) HYATT
Account Summary YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME

Outstanding balance† $0.00 See activity
Payment due date 11/02/2010 See statement
Minimum payment due $0.00 Pay credit card
Balance last statement $0.00
Available credit† [DELETED] Transfer balances
Total credit limit† [DELETED]
Hyatt Gold Passport Points See rewards details
See more information

The actual credit limit is listed on the page and was a similar limit to what SPG's AMEX gave me. All the links seem to be pretty standard info - no new special offers and nothing of note.

Yep, they closed my Chase Freedom and the previous credit limit of $XX,XXX is now down to $100 :D

I did tell them to move over all limits from Freedom to the new Hyatt card. Let's see if they actually do it.

notquiteaff Sep 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 14635904)
Yep, they closed my Chase Freedom and the previous credit limit of $XX,XXX is now down to $100 :D

I did tell them to move over all limits from Freedom to the new Hyatt card. Let's see if they actually do it.

In my experience, the $100 limit is an interim step towards closure of the account, i.e., in a few weeks or so it will disappear completely.