FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1124212-hyatt-rewards-card-chase-wiki.html)

richee Oct 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by yellow27 (Post 14951383)
Great- thanks so much. My credit score is in the 800's and I pay my bill in full every single much. I can't imagine that they wouldn't accept me. I'll just apply and wait and see.

My situation is similar to yours - several Chase travel affinity cards (including United and Southwest cards, and a couple others with no annual fees that I don't use very much), similar credit score, and every card paid off every month. I received a phone call the day after applying on line, asking if I wanted to reallocate some of my credit lines from the other accounts to the Hyatt card. I received my card package a week later.

helpless Oct 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by yellow27 (Post 14951060)
Currently, all 3 credit cards that I have are issued by Chase. I have the United Mileage Plus card (that I use almost exclusively) with a credit limit of around 20k. I also have the Amazon cards that I use maybe 1-2 times every few months (mainly for Amazon.com purchases) with a 5k limit. Last, I have the Chase Blue something or other card, credit limit 10k. This card I haven't used since 2006 or so, not even once. I would like to convert the Blue card to the Hyatt card. Should I apply for the Hyatt card first? Do I need to call them to do this? If so, do you know who the right people to call are. I have the worst luck with them getting someone who knows anything on the phone. I also would be extremely upset if they canceled my United card. Thoughts, please?

Thank you!

I actually had 5 Chase cards before applying for the Hyatt card. Because of this, I knew I wouldn't get instant approval, even though I have a great credit score. I applied on a Sunday night, and they called me first thing Monday morning to let me know that I was approved for the card, but I would need to decrease the credit line on some of my other accounts. This wasn't an issue, since I don't use most of these cards regularly.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be approved.

slocouple Oct 15, 2010 4:20 pm

I didn't get a phone call at all. After I had been approved for the Chase card, I got two separate letters in the mail, each reducing the limit (fairly significantly in one case) on one of my other Chase cards. I will let it all shake out for a while, and then see if these limits are allocated properly, as I suspect they are not. (I am thinking it unlikely I'll need as high a limit on my Amazon VISA as my Hyatt or United Mileage Plus cards.)

Originally Posted by richee (Post 14952392)
My situation is similar to yours - several Chase travel affinity cards (including United and Southwest cards, and a couple others with no annual fees that I don't use very much), similar credit score, and every card paid off every month. I received a phone call the day after applying on line, asking if I wanted to reallocate some of my credit lines from the other accounts to the Hyatt card. I received my card package a week later.

Thunderroad Oct 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Free nights/suites as long as rooms available?

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this thread, but I've searched and skimmed and can't find it. I may be applying for the Hyatt Rewards Card. And there's a chance I'll have Diamond status at the time I apply. So, a couple of questions re the free nights that come with the card:

1. Can the free nights be used any time any revenue rooms are available for a given hotel? Are will they be taken from a more limited bucket of rooms?
2. Same questions for free suite nights that Diamonds will be entitled to if they get the card? Taken from same or more limited bucket as suites that can be booked using cash?

Thanks for any clarifications folks might provide.

peteropny Oct 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 14961820)
1. Can the free nights be used any time any revenue rooms are available for a given hotel? Are will they be taken from a more limited bucket of rooms?
2. Same questions for free suite nights that Diamonds will be entitled to if they get the card? Taken from same or more limited bucket as suites that can be booked using cash?

1. Definitely not when any revenue rooms are available - most likely the same availability as point award nights (when the base entry rooms are available for revenue) - I don't think that we can say definitely yet that these nights are not from a more limited inventory than "regular" award nights.

2. Same for the suite nights for Diamonds - most likely from the same inventory that Diamond Suite upgrades / suite award nights come from which is the base entry suite at the property - not any suite.

Thunderroad Oct 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Good to know. Despite the imprecision of my questions, this was the info I was looking for. Thanks!

pinniped Oct 22, 2010 12:10 pm

I think I'm in the same boat as most here - high credit score but also a high amount of existing credit from Chase. (Mostly dormant accounts.)

Is there a phone number I can call to inform them which other account I want to give up? I was not instantly approved online so I assume I gotta give one up... I'm traveling now and don't want to jack around with them leaving a voicemail on my home phone.

If someone else got the message and wouldn't mind PM'ing me (if not comfortable posting here) the 800- number to call, I'd appreciate it. When I called the regular phone number I got an agent who was obviously reading from a script and totally unaware of what I was asking no matter how hard I attempted to explain.

stevens397 Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I wrote earlier on this thread (don't think I could find it either!) that my calls to find out the status of my application all resulted in being told it was still pending. Finally I pushed politely but firmly, stating that I was a Diamond elite with Hyatt, I REALLY wanted the card and I was concerned that I did not get an immediate response like others had. I told the agent I needed to speak to someone who can get to the bottom of things to find out what is holding it up and what, if anything, I could do.

Here's what you are looking for: You need to ask to be transfered to the Loan Department. When they finally did that, I initially got the same response, repeated what I wanted and was nicely asked to let her put me on hold. Came back to tell me it was an issue of having other Chase cards. Before I could tell her to cancel the Marriott card, she interrupted me to tell me that I was approved at a fairly high limit.

Good luck

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 14993891)
I think I'm in the same boat as most here - high credit score but also a high amount of existing credit from Chase. (Mostly dormant accounts.)

Is there a phone number I can call to inform them which other account I want to give up? I was not instantly approved online so I assume I gotta give one up... I'm traveling now and don't want to jack around with them leaving a voicemail on my home phone.

If someone else got the message and wouldn't mind PM'ing me (if not comfortable posting here) the 800- number to call, I'd appreciate it. When I called the regular phone number I got an agent who was obviously reading from a script and totally unaware of what I was asking no matter how hard I attempted to explain.

Brendan Oct 22, 2010 2:29 pm

++1-800-338-5960.

pinniped Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Great...thanks...I'll give it a try in the morning.

stevens397 Oct 23, 2010 3:17 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:

Big day today! Went on to Hyatt.com to discover that a s#*tload of points were added to my account total as the first tangible results of the Hyatt Visa card have posted.

Hmmmm - multiply by 12 and - where do I want to go! Really, I've been waiting for this for a long time and am thrilled to see it all happened.

pdb Oct 23, 2010 5:00 pm

When my card arrived, there was no mention of 2 free nights in the accompanying literature, and Chase could not provide me with anything in writing. (This leads me to believe that this is a one-off benefit from Hyatt, and not one of the card benefits.) Did anyone receive the T&Cs pertaining to the 2 nights?

Are they, in fact, 2 one-night awards--or 1 two-night award?

mnmag Oct 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 15000774)
When my card arrived, there was no mention of 2 free nights in the accompanying literature, and Chase could not provide me with anything in writing. (This leads me to believe that this is a one-off benefit from Hyatt, and not one of the card benefits.) Did anyone receive the T&Cs pertaining to the 2 nights?

Did you check your Hyatt GP account on-line? I believe you need to look under 'My Awards'.

AFAIK, depending on your status (you list 'Diamond' in your profile), - so you should be getting two award nights (separate) in a suite, not merely suite upgrades!^

billfer Oct 24, 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by pdb (Post 15000774)

My mailed materials didn't indicate the 2 one night awards either. But I used the card on Saturday (for the first time) and on the following Friday my 2 reward nights had appeared in my account.

pdb Oct 25, 2010 11:10 am

Woah: 2 Suite Awards for Diamonds? or 2 Nights and 2 Suite Ugrades on Paid Stays?

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 15000377)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:

Big day today! Went on to Hyatt.com to discover that a s#*tload of points were added to my account total as the first tangible results of the Hyatt Visa card have posted.

Hmmmm - multiply by 12 and - where do I want to go! Really, I've been waiting for this for a long time and am thrilled to see it all happened.

Further to my request, I just received a follow up letter from Chase Cardmember Service advising that

"...the first use bonus offer is Two Free Night Stay award e-certificates and Two Suite upgrades on paid stays at any Hyatt."

This is significantly different from two awards for 1 free suite night, each.

stevens397: would you kindly confirm exactly what was indeed awarded after the 1st stay, as shown in the "My Rewards" section of your GP account? Thanks in advance.