Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Properties will pro-actively combine reservations and in the case they don't simply mention it at check-in and you are all set.
My experience 100%.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I almost always book hotels in series of 1 night stays for cancellation reasons and have never encountered anything you're talking about here.
Actually, I have experienced something similar.

During a stay last year, I did this to lower the avg cost on a PH Vendome stay. When I checked in, the FD was happy to and proactively merged everything into a single reservation. However, on certain days, I'd find my key card had been reset requiring a trip to the FD to have it reset.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Visconti
Actually, I have experienced something similar.

During a stay last year, I did this to lower the avg cost on a PH Vendome stay. When I checked in, the FD was happy to and proactively merged everything into a single reservation. However, on certain days, I'd find my key card had been reset requiring a trip to the FD to have it reset.
This also happens if you request a late checkout after you've got your card. These annoyances dont offset the desire to have a lower effective room rate (since hyatt refuses to give per night pricing.)
Old May 3, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by austin_modern
This also happens if you request a late checkout after you've got your card. These annoyances dont offset the desire to have a lower effective room rate (since hyatt refuses to give per night pricing.)
Exactly.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
This also happens if you request a late checkout after you've got your card.
In that case, I just assume my key will be deactivated and automatically stop by the front desk before heading back to the room after noon.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Im a GLobalist - have 2 free nights as such, and another free night for my credit card.

I think the first 2 are unlimited on hyatt hotel level, and the card is for a 1-4 level hotel.

Whats the best way to search avail on the globalist 2 free nights. Im trying to book Andaz or PH Tokyo, is it just trial and error until the Free night link pops up when searching availability?
Old May 4, 2017, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Unfortunately there is no real easy way except trying the hard way. Another way is to see if there are standard rooms available for sale.

Your best bet may be to call in to customer service.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:36 pm

Does anyone know if spend on Hyatt gift card does not earn points? I recently had a stay where the total charge was $6xx and I used 2 x $200 gift cards. Eligible spend on Hyatt.com shows as $2xx and I only earned points based on that amount. Also, the stay was P+C and is suprisingly showing as 0 eligible nights (although less concerning because I don't anticipate maintaining any status for 2018). Thanks
Old May 4, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I almost always book hotels in series of 1 night stays for cancellation reasons and have never encountered anything you're talking about here.
Keep in mind that sometimes it works the opposite way though. I have found it to be particularly true with my corporate rate. If I book a short stay I get a high rate, but if I extend it out to a M-F reservation the rate drops
Old May 5, 2017, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Keep in mind that sometimes it works the opposite way though. I have found it to be particularly true with my corporate rate. If I book a short stay I get a high rate, but if I extend it out to a M-F reservation the rate drops
I tend to go through the tedious process of looking at 1, 2, 3, etc night groupings initially. Everything being the same I prefer the 1 night reservations because I can amend/cancel as desired should my plans get modified.

And, as I don't book on a corporate rate, I've never noticed that.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bjk497
Does anyone know if spend on Hyatt gift card does not earn points? I recently had a stay where the total charge was $6xx and I used 2 x $200 gift cards. Eligible spend on Hyatt.com shows as $2xx and I only earned points based on that amount. Also, the stay was P+C and is suprisingly showing as 0 eligible nights (although less concerning because I don't anticipate maintaining any status for 2018). Thanks
The form of payment is irrelevant. You should have earned points on the entire eligible spend amount. You should contact the hotel or WOH. Mention the eligible night to them as well as that should have counted.

Last edited by cdancer20; May 5, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old May 10, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Seems to be much more difficult to accumulate Hyatt Gold Passport points since March. With the loss of 1000 point Diamond amenity bonus and 2500 point club closure bonus, feels like point earning has been cut in half. (Similar to the airlines when they changed to revenue based point earning.) Seems also that this would affect the usual “number of stays or dollars spent to earn a free night” calculations and comparisons. Is this a common thought?
Old May 10, 2017, 5:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

To be fair.... Globalists received a free night to offset this somewhat.
And they were bonus points that never counted for any of the thresholds anyway.

But it feels like a loss.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Seems to be much more difficult to accumulate Hyatt Gold Passport points since March. With the loss of 1000 point Diamond amenity bonus and 2500 point club closure bonus, feels like point earning has been cut in half. (Similar to the airlines when they changed to revenue based point earning.) Seems also that this would affect the usual “number of stays or dollars spent to earn a free night” calculations and comparisons. Is this a common thought?
There's several multi-hundred post threads discussing this in the main section of the FT Hyatt section.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
In my defense, I have done a search to try and find the answer to this question... I am not a "Hyatt Regular" so usually only use Hyatt points that have been transferred from UR.

What is anyone's experience using those gift cards at an international property? Specifically, I'd like to use it at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong.

When I've used Marriott gift cards internationally, they have a currency conversion function on their website so as long I know how much is on the card in the local currency, I've had no trouble using internationally.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.