Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Actually, I've had a hotel pull a DSU while I was standing at the front desk, and also had them put one back when I didn't like the suite I was assigned. I was not a regular at either.

So the hotels can and do deal with them. How is beyond me, but they do it ^
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary2e
This is incorrrect. I've been too busy to make my own reservation, see if P&C were available, plus check on the upcharge to a nicer suite so I contacted the hotel and they took care of every detail, including pulling the DSUs. It's not the first time they've done so.

Perhaps they need to call their own customer service, but I know this isn't the only time they've taken care of it for me.
I once had a hotel tell me that they can't pull the DSU and I had to call CS. However like you said in your case the hotel may have called CS so this doesn't prove that my statement is incorrect. Edit: Ok I see your next message. Then I was told wrong.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You have to recognize that I would not tell you that you were wrong had I not had the experience at more than one property and with DSUs going in both directions.

Plus, hotel front desks are notorious for giving out wrong information, particularly about the nuances of the program for diamonds.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You have to recognize that I would not tell you that you were wrong had I not had the experience at more than one property and with DSUs going in both directions.

Plus, hotel front desks are notorious for giving out wrong information, particularly about the nuances of the program for diamonds.
This actually wasn't the front desk telling me this but rather their dedicated reservations desk. However your original comment was that maybe they had to call CS which would have not made it wrong. You clearly stated that you didn't know that the hotel was doing it directly in their system. Your second post corrected that though. Note though that my original statement said AFAIK. And As far as I knew, that was the case. Nonetheless, it's been said here.

Last edited by cdancer20; Mar 17, 2016 at 8:52 am
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20

However are you 100% sure that they used one of your 2016 DSUs? There is a known issue where when you used a 2015 award, it mimicked using a 2016 award. However all 4 of your 2016 awards were still intact and it did not decrement from your 2015 awards. See the picture below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...6&d=1456555755
Similar but both of mine says expiration Feb 2017. I have 1 available from the 1st one and 2 available from the 2nd one. I hadn't used any one of the 2016's yet so I expecting it to add up to 4. CS did confirm that one of the 2016's got used from the last stay hence the offer of pts instead.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:05 pm

Actually, I've had a hotel pull a DSU while I was standing at the front desk, and also had them put one back when I didn't like the suite I was assigned. I was not a regular at either.

So the hotels can and do deal with them. How is beyond me, but they do it ^
This is interesting.

I remembered my hotel bill was higher than expected when I was checking out. I believe I said (or front desk asked if ) I had used a DSU to upgrade. Front desk then regenerated the bill that showed the correct amount. Makes me wonder if she took the DSU right then from my account.

AFAIR, the front desk staff didn't pick up the phone and it was all done through the computer.

Last edited by yannix; Mar 17, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by yannix
Similar but both of mine says expiration Feb 2017. I have 1 available from the 1st one and 2 available from the 2nd one. I hadn't used any one of the 2016's yet so I expecting it to add up to 4. CS did confirm that one of the 2016's got used from the last stay hence the offer of pts instead.
Yes that picture was from before 2/29. So if you have 1 available at the top and 2 at the bottom, than that's only 3. But I don't understand how you would have 1 available at the top since that group only got created to offset using a DSU past expiration. Can you post a screenshot of your account? Or just copy/paste the full text?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:04 am

Yes that picture was from before 2/29. So if you have 1 available at the top and 2 at the bottom, than that's only 3. But I don't understand how you would have 1 available at the top since that group only got created to offset using a DSU past expiration. Can you post a screenshot of your account? Or just copy/paste the full text?
Hmmmm.... maybe I am missing more than 1 DSU? Since the "1" available in the top one isn't usable anymore?

Anyway, here's the copy/paste.

This is the top one:
Awards
Earned:4
Redeemed:3
Available:1
Expiration:28 Feb 2017
Call to Redeem:1-800-228-3360

This is the bottom one:
Awards
Earned:4
Redeemed:2
Available:2
Expiration:28 Feb 2017
Call to Redeem:1-800-228-3360
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Thats odd.. I dont think you should have anything "available" for the top one since that is the 2015 DSUs that you applied to for any days after 2/29/16.

Is that right? you used 3 2015 DSUs for says after 2/29/16?

And the bottom indicates you have used two of your 2016 DSUs. (Nope so not right, u said you haven't used any 2016)
But one of them you got points for instead. So you are missing one from 2016.
Unless the one on top you can still redeem.

Here is my screen shot and it is correct... I used two 2015 DSUs for stays after 2/29/2016 and I used one 2016 DSU for a stay in December 2016

Name:  Hyatt.png
Views: 240
Size:  33.5 KB

Last edited by RedElmo; Mar 18, 2016 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:26 am

You're account looks really odd. My account is similar to what RedElmo posted. At the top, I have 1 earned and 1 redeemed for a 2015 DSU that I used past expiration. At the bottom, I still have 4 earned, 0 redeemed b/c I haven't used any.

How many DSUs have you booked for 2016? They still add up to 3 so that would match what the agents told you.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:29 pm

You're account looks really odd. My account is similar to what RedElmo posted. At the top, I have 1 earned and 1 redeemed for a 2015 DSU that I used past expiration. At the bottom, I still have 4 earned, 0 redeemed b/c I haven't used any.

How many DSUs have you booked for 2016? They still add up to 3 so that would match what the agents told you.
I have used 4 2015 DSU's for stays past Feb 2016. One was the stay in question earlier this month. The 3 are for later this year.

I guess I have to call CS again.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
I'm looking at using one of my free night awards at the Park Hyatt Sydney. has anyone stayed there? the room would be a park king. Would I get bumped up being a Diamond?

Last edited by Wisdom; Mar 22, 2016 at 10:47 am Reason: Added another question
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Wisdom
I'm looking at using one of my free night awards at the Park Hyatt Sydney. has anyone stayed there? the room would be a park king. Would I get bumped up being a Diamond?
You should check out this thread. It's a list of all the review threads on Flyertalk for the various hotels.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...flyertalk.html

For the specific hotel that you are speaking of, check this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
You should check out this thread. It's a list of all the review threads on Flyertalk for the various hotels.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...flyertalk.html

For the specific hotel that you are speaking of, check this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Thank you!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
The Andaz Maui allowed me to book with points, and reserve more nights than I had points for. If I didn't have enough points by vacation time, I'd have been charged for the room. This was about 3 years ago. I did get enough points in time, and just had to call them, and change from a cash to a points reservation.
Is this a Diamond level perk only? How is it done? Only by calling I assume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.