Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
You'll enjoy it. It's a nice resort. We'll be back next weekend, hard to believe!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by neuro0
Is the beach protected at the Ziva side? From the pictures, it look likes so. Don't want to go to a beach resort with a unswimable beach. Thanks for the input!
Compare to Hyatt Aruba, which one is better if one don't care about the all inclusive feature.
Just back from Ziva and have been to Aruba many times - the beaches at Ziva and Aruba are completely different.

The Ziva beach is a very small rock-protected cove with some sand, basically. It is swimmable and small cove area is always quite calm, but isn't really a place you'd swim all day and there isn't a lot of room for floats. As someone else noted, guests use the pool complex far more than the beaches there. Also note that the beach is basically cut in half, half for Ziva and half for Zilara (no kids allowed on that side).

Aruba is just the opposite - it's an enormous beach that extends well past the property in both directions. It's also opposite in that the beach can be very busy when the hotel is full. Swimmability-wise, it can be hit or miss. Often the ocean is fantastic for swimming, but depending on the direction of the wind the waves and riptides can be dangerous. An older man drowned when we were in Aruba last January.

If you're really going for "beach" I'd pick Aruba. If you're going for fun in the sun and swimming, Ziva's pools make up that difference and more, I think.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AlxStevens
Just back from Ziva and have been to Aruba many times - the beaches at Ziva and Aruba are completely different.

The Ziva beach is a very small rock-protected cove with some sand, basically. It is swimmable and small cove area is always quite calm, but isn't really a place you'd swim all day and there isn't a lot of room for floats. As someone else noted, guests use the pool complex far more than the beaches there. Also note that the beach is basically cut in half, half for Ziva and half for Zilara (no kids allowed on that side).

Aruba is just the opposite - it's an enormous beach that extends well past the property in both directions. It's also opposite in that the beach can be very busy when the hotel is full. Swimmability-wise, it can be hit or miss. Often the ocean is fantastic for swimming, but depending on the direction of the wind the waves and riptides can be dangerous. An older man drowned when we were in Aruba last January.

If you're really going for "beach" I'd pick Aruba. If you're going for fun in the sun and swimming, Ziva's pools make up that difference and more, I think.
Agreed with your review. I am assuming you are comparing the Hyatt beach in Aruba to the Hyatt Jamaica beach. Jamaica itself also has really beautiful beaches, unfortunately the Hyatt Jamaica is not located in an area known for nice beaches. If someone is looking for a nice beach vacation in Jamaica and can do somewhere besides Hyatt, nice beaches can be found in Jamaica. I am a beach person, so even though I have been to this resort twice (2nd experience was not so great staff wise), I would probably not return unless there was a really good deal. So many nicer
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by meecal
It wasn't that it was a written benefit of Platinum status at this hotel. However, other Platinum members have been upgraded to a junior suite and the check-in agent indicated that they would have upgraded us but that the only reason they did not was because junior suites were all booked.

I thought it was odd that she was saying all junior suites were booked because just before our trip I checked availability and saw quite a bit of availability. So while we waited for the shuttle (to go from the airport to the hotel) I checked Hyatt.com and saw that junior suites were available for the entirety of our stay.

When I showed this to the desk agent she distanced herself from the statement about current availability of junior suites, essentially saying "that's just what I was told by my manager....I can't help you further." She said we would have to talk with the check-in staff at the hotel.
meecal or anyone,
is there a concierge email contact... so could place special request before arrival? since my status is only platinum, any tip/advice on how to get upgrade to a junior suite...as hyatt only allowed or booked a standard room for the free night award? read thru some reviews & room tips, just want to confirm that only rooms in zilara's bldg 4 are new or recently renovated, correct? if so, does bldg 4 have any standard room or all suite? TIA
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
meecal or anyone,
is there a concierge email contact... so could place special request before arrival? since my status is only platinum, any tip/advice on how to get upgrade to a junior suite...as hyatt only allowed or booked a standard room for the free night award? read thru some reviews & room tips, just want to confirm that only rooms in zilara's bldg 4 are new or recently renovated, correct? if so, does bldg 4 have any standard room or all suite? TIA
nvm, found the concierge email contact
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:59 am

Planning to go there around New Year.
Anyone has been there lately and can provide some information if the resort has improved?

Thank you
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:18 pm
zam

I'm looking for some clarity please. I have reserved a 1 bd ocean view Zilara suite, understanding from previous posts that it is in new building 4. When I called the hotel to put in a request for a floor, they told me this room is in an old building. Are there such rooms in both old and new buildings? Are they on specific floors in different buildings? Am I mixing up Ziva and Zilara?Any way to secure new building? thanks
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Ziva suites are in new building only. Can't say for sure on Zilara but they have an entire new building.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zam
I'm looking for some clarity please. I have reserved a 1 bd ocean view Zilara suite, understanding from previous posts that it is in new building 4. When I called the hotel to put in a request for a floor, they told me this room is in an old building. Are there such rooms in both old and new buildings? Are they on specific floors in different buildings? Am I mixing up Ziva and Zilara?Any way to secure new building? thanks
Zilara Ocean View 1BR Suites are in new building 4, Ocean Front 1BR Suites are in old building. Please check which category you are actually booked into. Due to difference in building Ocean View 1BR Suite is a higher category, with higher rates, than Ocean Front 1BR Suite.

Last edited by TerryK; Aug 26, 2016 at 12:50 am
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:04 am
zam

Originally Posted by TerryK
Zilara Ocean View 1BR Suites are in new building 4, Ocean Front 1BR Suites are in old building. Please check which category you are actually booked into. Due to difference in building Ocean View 1BR Suite is a higher category, with higher rates, than Ocean Front 1BR Suite.
Hmmm. I checked my reservation and it says 1 b ov btlr suite. But when I looked at the rates available I see 1 b ocean front btlr suite is $100 more than the rate for my room, which is inconsistent with what you're saying.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zam
Hmmm. I checked my reservation and it says 1 b ov btlr suite. But when I looked at the rates available I see 1 b ocean front btlr suite is $100 more than the rate for my room, which is inconsistent with what you're saying.
Perhaps I got the rates reversed. Zilara Ocean View 1BR Suite is in building 4 (new building). Zilara Ocean Front 1BR Suite is in building 1 (old building). I have stayed in both of them. Not sure about Ziva though.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Cold pools and hot tubs

I know when they first opened the pool and hot tubs were cold. Has this been fixed? Arriving mid January and don't want to suffer with cold water. We were at the Zilara Cancun last year and can always change the reservation if needed.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Anyone been upgraded at the resort as a Platinum member?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:42 pm

Zilara good for girls' trip?

Thinking about going to the Zilara/Ziva for an upcoming girls' trip... Wondering if the Zilara had a couples-only vibe to it? Or anything else that would be good to know when picking one over the other...

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ShaynaLeahK
Thinking about going to the Zilara/Ziva for an upcoming girls' trip... Wondering if the Zilara had a couples-only vibe to it? Or anything else that would be good to know when picking one over the other...

Thanks!
Definitely not, it's the adult side of the resort but there are many for girls weekends or those with older kids. Ziva is the "kids" resort. If you stay at Ziva, even though you are "adults" party, you will not be able to enjoy the adults only restaurants. Also the prestock drink options in your room are more plentiful at Zilara if that matters to you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.