Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ShaynaLeahK
Thinking about going to the Zilara/Ziva for an upcoming girls' trip... Wondering if the Zilara had a couples-only vibe to it? Or anything else that would be good to know when picking one over the other...

Thanks!
I agree with @distrips, when we stayed there were lots of groups of friends, older families, and people there with business groups. Plus I think it has a little bit more of a fun & relaxed vibe than the 'upscale romance' vibe some adults-only places go for.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:57 pm

Dress code building recs

Hi we're heading to zilara in 2 weeks to escape from the thanksgiving pin law stress. Traveling with our 24 & 20 yo kids. Have stayed at ziva pv and Cabo over xmas the last 2 years. Looking forward to r n r and jerk shack. Any activities or reservations that are must do. Going on chase certs and 75 different hyatt nights last on points so can't use dsu. What can diamond family expect? Can dinner readies be made in advance? Enforced dress code?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Tia
Carolyn
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Hi we're heading to zilara in 2 weeks to escape from the thanksgiving pin law stress. Traveling with our 24 & 20 yo kids. Have stayed at ziva pv and Cabo over xmas the last 2 years. Looking forward to r n r and jerk shack. Any activities or reservations that are must do. Going on chase certs and 75 different hyatt nights last on points so can't use dsu. What can diamond family expect? Can dinner readies be made in advance? Enforced dress code?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Tia
Carolyn
Ice been to all the properties you mentioned including Rose Haell three times. Do not expect any Diamond recognition. Dress code is required for Zilara French Restaurant. Dinner reservations cannot be made in advance.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer121
Dinner reservations cannot be made in advance.
...unless you have a room with butler service, then they can reserve a dinner time for you....so I'm told
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
...unless you have a room with butler service, then they can reserve a dinner time for you....so I'm told
The perk of dinner reservations for butter service rooms ended many months ago. Regardless, dinner reservation are not necessary. I've never waited more than 15-minutes.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:46 pm

Jamaica ziva/zilara recommendations

Family is heading down to zilara for thanksgiving break. Any recommendations on building, activities and meals ... Looking forward to jerk shack but not aware of else. We are staying on chase night certificates and point award. Know not to expect much for diamond recognition. Any places or individuals to seek out.

Really looking forward to this short family break
Tia
Carolyn
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Family is heading down to zilara for thanksgiving break. Any recommendations on building, activities and meals ... Looking forward to jerk shack but not aware of else. We are staying on chase night certificates and point award. Know not to expect much for diamond recognition. Any places or individuals to seek out.

Really looking forward to this short family break
Tia
Carolyn
Building 4 is newest, it's to the left when you're entering the Zilara lobby.

You may get lounge access but the lounge is kind of pointless anyways. Barefoot Jerkz is amazing, enjoy it!

Check out Fuzion (the stir fry), Fez bar (ask for a chocolate martini), and have breakfast by the beach at Horizons.

Antoine is amazing. He's usually part of the pool dance crew, he also does volleyball and some night activities.

Lots of fun stuff to do!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:37 pm

Thanks

Just got to speak directly to hotel earlier today.
Really looking forward to trip.
Not expecting much in way of dismond recognition... esp since its still playa and wete on a mixed award stay. Msinly looking for sun, quality family with each other away from the day to day syress.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:53 pm

Does anyone know on which day the Michael Jackson show is?
Thank you
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:50 am

think it was Saturday, though not positive
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, SWA CP
I've been reading both the Zilara/Ziva Rose Hall and Zilara/Ziva Cancun Megathreads, but I cannot find a comparison of the two Hyatt All Inclusive locations. I am leaning more towards the Zilara Rose Hall. I am planing to book 6 nights for next years New Years soon, and wanted to see if anybody had any good tips when booking(Room/Building request, etc.). Does Hyatt Platinum status do you any good at the Zilara/Ziva properties?
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Anyone know if the staff have organized outings to clubs at night, a la resorts in Cancun? Or does everyone just go to bed?

Last edited by ekozie; Jan 28, 2017 at 9:06 am Reason: grammar
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:27 am

They don't. They usually have some evening activity and they have their own club onsite
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
Anyone know if the staff have organized outings to clubs at night, a la resorts in Cancun? Or does everyone just go to bed?
They do not not.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:34 pm

Any tips for scuba diving while staying here? "Scuba" hasn't been mentioned in this thread since 2015. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.