Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
How is the beach at the Ziva property? Is it swimmable?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:55 pm

Anyone been lately to Ziva? Taking the fam (10 and 8 yr olds) there in December.

TIA!
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by jjesq99
Anyone been lately to Ziva? Taking the fam (10 and 8 yr olds) there in December.

TIA!
awful property. Highly suggest Cabo or Cancun over the Rose Hall disaster.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:19 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by flyer121
can you be more specific on what is awful? Complete different view in this post in another thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33318366-post4.html
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
can you be more specific on what is awful? Complete different view in this post in another thread

I stayed at this property shortly after it opened years ago. It was my first experience with an all-inclusive and with Hyatt's all-inclusive brand. The property and hotel is very nice. Some complain about the lack of swimming beach as its a sort of lagoon area but I thought it was fine. I'm not a huge fan of the all-inclusive meals and the drinks. It seemed like the adult drinks were lower quality alcohol and the meals were just ok, some were good, nothing superb. The staff back then was very nice and welcoming. Not sure what made your stay awful, perhaps you can elaborate?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Thanks for the info. I have stayed at Ziva Cancun and quite enjoyed it. I have never stayed in Rose Hall, the "awful property" comment was from flyer121 and was hoping for info.

Originally Posted by flyer121
Originally Posted by 59Impala

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I stayed at this property shortly after it opened years ago. It was my first experience with an all-inclusive and with Hyatt's all-inclusive brand. The property and hotel is very nice. Some complain about the lack of swimming beach as its a sort of lagoon area but I thought it was fine. I'm not a huge fan of the all-inclusive meals and the drinks. It seemed like the adult drinks were lower quality alcohol and the meals were just ok, some were good, nothing superb. The staff back then was very nice and welcoming. Not sure what made your stay awful, perhaps you can elaborate?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just wrapped up 5 nights here which also completed our tour of all three Zilara over the last year. Have to agree with the recent sentiment that I would pass on this one if you have the option to visit Cap Cana (which blows all of them out of the water) or Cancun.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Just wrapped up 5 nights here which also completed our tour of all three Zilara over the last year. Have to agree with the recent sentiment that I would pass on this one if you have the option to visit Cap Cana (which blows all of them out of the water) or Cancun.
Are there specific reasons why you say you would pass on Rose Hall compared to the others? So Cap Cana is the best because it blows them all out of the water, and Cancun is 2nd? Can you provide some reasons for why to help the reading audience?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Just booked December for Zilara Rose Hall, my Hyatt concierge says she's heard from lots that this is the best of the all-inclusives and some reviews seem to agree, yet folks here say differently - I suppose we'll find out.

I'll find out - I don't want to go to Cancun. I've been to another property there and just have no interest in returning to that area.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Neric
Just booked December for Zilara Rose Hall, my Hyatt concierge says she's heard from lots that this is the best of the all-inclusives and some reviews seem to agree, yet folks here say differently - I suppose we'll find out.

I'll find out - I don't want to go to Cancun. I've been to another property there and just have no interest in returning to that area.
Zilara Rose Hall is one of our favorite Caribbean all-inclusives, and we've been to all of the Iberostar Grands, Dreams, Paradiso, etc., throughout Mexico, the DR, and Jamaica.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
We did Hyatt Ziva Cancun, Hilton Playa Del Carmen, and Atlantis this year. We are headed to Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall next month.
I booked a base room. What are the upgrade chances to a Swim Up or Ocean Front Junior Suites for Globalists?

Btw, Ziva Cancun prices are absolutely atrocious. Who is paying $700+ for that?

Daybed prices? (those are NOT cabanas)
Do you have wear a mask when just walking around outside? We loved not having to do that in Mexico.
What's the night life like? Shows? Curfew?

We got burned a little with PDC's curfew near the end of Memorial Day week. They cut off liquor and everything.

So far, we've done Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos and Cancun, We have no interest in ever doing Puerto Vallarta (resort looks boring) or Zilara Cancun. I await Barbados.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Also looking for any recent trip reports at this property.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Also looking for any recent trip reports at this property.
I just got back Sunday, Nov 14th after 8 nights. I'll have one for you soon. I can say that it's the best out of Los Cabos, Cancun, and Jamaica. However, they have some odd restriction that partly sour the trip.
jmgriffin, svo242 and fgroupgroup like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Busymann
I just got back Sunday, Nov 14th after 8 nights. I'll have one for you soon. I can say that it's the best out of Los Cabos, Cancun, and Jamaica. However, they have some odd restriction that partly sour the trip.
What kind of restrictions?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:14 am

Any updates on this property? Found United award travel for 14,700 miles each way to MBJ and ocean front suites here for 40,000/nt. Considering it but the reviews here seem bad.
svo242 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.