Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 7:49 pm

Deleted

Last edited by ukinny2000; May 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm
Old May 21, 2022, 8:01 pm

I'm here at the ziva rose hall at the moment, having checked in this morning. Initial impressions are all over the place. On the one hand they offered us (traveling with wife and two under two) a courtesy room whilst our room was getting readied, which was a beautiful gesture that really helped my toddler and baby settle in. On the other hand the rooms are antiquated - there is no centralised light switch panel, nor overhead lighting - which means you have to scramble to find light fixtures individually and fumble around trying to figure out where the on/off switch is. Rooms are also poorly stocked - out of the two bathrooms only the small one had a box of tissues, and they provided one small body wash for everybody to share? Any request to the room, eg more water, food, etc... can easily take one to two hours or more. And that is if they even come. And for a family-focused resort they incredibly don't provide any surfaces in-room or elsewhere where you can safely change a baby or dispose of their nappies. It boggles the mind. Which is all a crying shame because everyone here is incredibly friendly and the majority work exceedingly hard to create a positive vibe.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them from a ziva, not zilara, pov.

Last edited by ukinny2000; May 22, 2022 at 5:52 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Solid stay

Dorado this place is not, but I’m on day 2 of my stay at the Zilara, and I’m more than satisfied. This is my first all inclusive; some friends were recently here for a wedding so I booked it. I’m staying on points and used a suite upgrade for a Jr. Ocean View King. I’d chosen the Ocean Front King, but I feel like something got crossed between the Hyatt and the hotel. If you’re using a suite award, be sure to confirm the exact room type. Frankly, the view is good here: building 4, floor 5.

My room looks to be recently painted and other than age, the room does the job. Housekeeping came while we were out today, the restaurants are better than I expected and the staff is really doing a bang-up job on the service side - by Carribean standards.

I spent the day at the pool, and appreciated the realness of the crowd. I played basketball in the pool with an Uber driver from Atlanta while the wife chatted with a doctor from Dallas and his partner.

Will provide some additional thoughts when back in DC, but right now having a surprisingly good stay.
svo242, 59Impala and tomasdev like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Can anyone talk about the restrictions this property has? I'm assuming they are COVID related restrictions.

Alcohol cutoff times,
Mask wearing,
sterilization,
Anything else at all that would be considered a restricion?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by DCADavis
Dorado this place is not, but I’m on day 2 of my stay at the Zilara, and I’m more than satisfied. This is my first all inclusive; some friends were recently here for a wedding so I booked it. I’m staying on points and used a suite upgrade for a Jr. Ocean View King. I’d chosen the Ocean Front King, but I feel like something got crossed between the Hyatt and the hotel. If you’re using a suite award, be sure to confirm the exact room type. Frankly, the view is good here: building 4, floor 5.

My room looks to be recently painted and other than age, the room does the job. Housekeeping came while we were out today, the restaurants are better than I expected and the staff is really doing a bang-up job on the service side - by Carribean standards.

I spent the day at the pool, and appreciated the realness of the crowd. I played basketball in the pool with an Uber driver from Atlanta while the wife chatted with a doctor from Dallas and his partner.

Will provide some additional thoughts when back in DC, but right now having a surprisingly good stay.
Davies, was food great? beach?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:12 pm

Booked a stay for 5 nights this October. As I understand rooms at "Rose hall" are newer, but also can attract noise due to couple bars proximity and open late night. We are traveling with 2 little ones. If I want to request quiter room but also want somewhat best view, which room/location should I request?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Can anyone talk about the restrictions this property has? I'm assuming they are COVID related restrictions.

Alcohol cutoff times,
Mask wearing,
sterilization,
Anything else at all that would be considered a restricion?
Anyone know?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by lyst
Anyone know?
I'll know when I arrive on Nov 6...
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:46 pm

Nov 6 is soon approaching....
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by pwd847
Nov 6 is soon approaching....
I’ll reply if you don’t. We land at 11am on 11/6 and will be at the ziva for the next few nights.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:03 am

Doesn't appear to be any restrictions. Some of the restaurants that the website serves breakfast were closed today.

I'd stay away from Calypzo for lunch. Terrible food.

The buffet looks good if you are selective. I tend to grab the more locally made selections. I figure the locals can make their local cuisine better than an American pizza.

Ps: the pizza sucks but if you came here for pizza, then............
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Exclamation

Just completed a 5 day stay here - some pros/cons below. Traveling with a toddler as a family of 3.

PROS:
- Beautiful property
- Lots to do and hard to get bored
- Amazing WOH recognition as a Globalist

CONS:
- Service standards are really poor: we had to walk way from Di RoZa after waiting for 2 hours for food; servers across restaurants and pool areas would simply forget about your order often.
- WOH agent / concierge are clueless: we asked for dinner reservations for each of the restaurants a week before - didn't hear a word until we arrived AND on the 2nd day of our stay.
- Room service is really inconsistent - some days there was turn down service, most days there was not.

Overall, we would probably not return - especially not over a busy weekend. Compared to the Ziva in Cancun, this is quite a let down.
Illinwu likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:58 pm

It was a tough call when I dropped Rose Hall reservation for Los Cabos this winter, as I heard from several sources that Ziva Rose Hall was no better than Cancun and Punta Cana. But looks in this thread there were quite some positive reviews saying Ziva Rose Hall was better than Cancun, Punta Cana and Los Cabos. I am feeling really split. Guess I really have to visit both locations to see and compare.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nice2CU
It was a tough call when I dropped Rose Hall reservation for Los Cabos this winter, as I heard from several sources that Ziva Rose Hall was no better than Cancun and Punta Cana. But looks in this thread there were quite some positive reviews saying Ziva Rose Hall was better than Cancun, Punta Cana and Los Cabos. I am feeling really split. Guess I really have to visit both locations to see and compare.
It seems like Ziva Cabo and Ziva/Zilara Rose Hall are very mixed when it comes to reviews. I loved Ziva/Zilara Cap Cana and Ziva Cancun, and I liked Ziva Puerto Vallarta. I have Rose Hall on my list but the mixed reviews bring down my desire to want to go.
Nice2CU likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I have a stay coming up at the Zilara Rose Hall in a week and a half, and while other friends who are staying here around the same time under their own reservations have received proactive contacts from the hotel to arrange airport transfers and gather arrival details, I've heard nothing. I have emailed 3 different email addresses, including one person who'd contacted one of my friends about her reservation, and every single email I've sent has gone into the aether or been ignored. I'm dismayed and surprised that a stay that will cost me well north of $6000 is being handled in this way.

Does anyone have an email contact with this hotel that is staffed by humans who will actually reply? Does World of Hyatt Concierge actually monitor the forum and assist with this type of query? I'm very frustrated so far by the complete lack of proactive or reactive engagement from the property and would like to get this turned around before we arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.