Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Anyone know of a standard charge for adding a kid to a points reservation at the Ziva? When booking for 2 adults, it's $350 or 25k points/night for either a king or 2 double. For 2 adults + a 4 year old (same dates and room type), it's $493/night but it says no points reservations are available. I emailed Hyatt a few times trying to determine if there's a standard cash upcharge so we can book it. They said they can't help and I need to call. After a lengthy hold, I gave up. Anyone have any experience with this?
I can't give you direct experience with this location, but the way point reservations work with the Ziva/Zilara locations; you have to book the room for 2 people, if you wish to do so online. If you haven't yet, I'd message Hyatt on twitter about the additional cash price. It's 12,500 points per night for anyone over 3, and most likely significantly less than that with cash. The Cancun location charges $110 a night, and I would expect the Rose Hall location to be less.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I can't give you direct experience with this location, but the way point reservations work with the Ziva/Zilara locations; you have to book the room for 2 people, if you wish to do so online. If you haven't yet, I'd message Hyatt on twitter about the additional cash price. It's 12,500 points per night for anyone over 3, and most likely significantly less than that with cash. The Cancun location charges $110 a night, and I would expect the Rose Hall location to be less.
Much appreciated. After the points post, I'll book the stay and then call them to see the options. A kid <5 won't eat $100 worth of food daily, but still a great hotel and worth that instead of forcing us to stay elsewhere.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When we went, I had a teen and a six year old with us, I had "booked" the teen into the reservation and paid the appropriate points. When we checked in, I pointed out that there were four of us, and that my other child was 6, I got a wink and was told that it was not a problem. You are NOT going to get such a confirmation by repeatedly asking them, and in fact you might get a note in your reservation which might make it impossible for you to get any deal. So I would strongly suggest that you do not repeatedly call and look for answers and just show up.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Presidential suite stay video from 3 years ago

Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just did three miserable agonizing days and nights at Zilara Rose Hall Jamaica. UGH. What a waste of money. The childfree wife and I spend most of our time on the Ziva (family) side to try and temper the sensory assault. This is going to be a very short review and the bottom line is this: Zilara should be kicked out of the Hyatt franchise. If you love the 24-hour party hound, frat-boy scene with mediocre food, tens of uniformed "security" personnel roaming the grounds, spotty service, being commanded to "STERLIZE!" before you are allowed into a restaurant, and like tired stripped-out rooms you will however LOVE this Zilara.

Never so happy to get back to these f'ed up United States.
dgross, svo242 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Just did three miserable agonizing days and nights at Zilara Rose Hall Jamaica. UGH. What a waste of money. The childfree wife and I spend most of our time on the Ziva (family) side to try and temper the sensory assault. This is going to be a very short review and the bottom line is this: Zilara should be kicked out of the Hyatt franchise. If you love the 24-hour party hound, frat-boy scene with mediocre food, tens of uniformed "security" personnel roaming the grounds, spotty service, being commanded to "STERLIZE!" before you are allowed into a restaurant, and like tired stripped-out rooms you will however LOVE this Zilara.

The plan was to renamed the whole compound to Zilara and build the new Ziva next door, but then COVID-19 happened...
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
The plan was to renamed the whole compound to Zilara and build the new Ziva next door, but then COVID-19 happened...
Interesting, thanks for the background. Now I know to avoid ever staying at a Playa/Sagicor property. What I experienced at Zilara were definitely all related ultimately to upper management and how the place is run. We tried to walk on the otherwise pleasantly planted and landscaped path/sidewalk that goes over to the property next door. There are no fences, no signs, no gate, nothing but a wide walkway and we were stopped by one of the many "Security" guards on the Hyatt property and told we were not allowed to walk further. No reason, but NOT ALLOWED! Like I mentioned in my TripAdvisor review, never experienced anything remotely similar any where else in the world. Pathetic.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Jan 8, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:42 pm

Playa owns and manages ALL current Ziva/Zilara properties (I'm not sure about the coming Ziva Barbados). I think this comes down to the local management at each property, as people have praised Cap Cana, Cancun, Los Cabos properties a lot.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Playa owns and manages ALL current Ziva/Zilara properties (I'm not sure about the coming Ziva Barbados). I think this comes down to the local management at each property, as people have praised Cap Cana, Cancun, Los Cabos properties a lot.
More good info, good to know, thanks for the added detail!
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo

Whoa, I'm headed there for Valentines/President's Day week (8 nights, Sat-Sun).

Can you elaborate more?
Old Jan 20, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Well, I changed to Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana. It's newer, has more on site, and was only like $80 more net between airfare and hotel.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Busymann
Well, I changed to Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana. It's newer, has more on site, and was only like $80 more net between airfare and hotel.

Good decision! Having been to both, DR is 10x.

Will look forward to hearing about your experience.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by d20513
Good decision! Having been to both, DR is 10x.

Will look forward to hearing about your experience.

Enjoy!
Ha, I changed again to Hyatt Ziva Cancun Turquoize and just got back Sunday.

Great property and service. I'd say it's the single best location in Cancun. I wasn't too keen on the butler service, however. I switched from Cap Cana partly because I kept reading it was rather boring. Ziva Cancun was not and I met many cool folks there.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For those who have stayed without kids, does it matter which side you stay on with regards to pool / restaurant access? t Ziva has the award dates while Zilara does not, so ideally would book Ziva and just use the Zilara side each day for pool etc. Recently stayed at Zilara Cap Cana and pretty much anyone but kids could walk between the resorts, etc.

TIA.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Current menus and scheduling may be found here:
https://hyatt-zilara-rose-hall-prope...y.app/en/menu/

Brazil is closed until further notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.