Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
So I'm seriously consider switching from the Oceanview Butler Suite to the Junior Suite since I like the decor (and tub) so much better (and since the Grand Butler Suite is fully booked). Anyone stayed both? Is the butler service worth the (slightly) less-trendy decor?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What suite type does TSU currently upgrade into at Ziva? Zilara upgrades to Ocean Front 1 Bedroom Butler Suite but I am not sure about Ziva.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
What suite type does TSU currently upgrade into at Ziva? Zilara upgrades to Ocean Front 1 Bedroom Butler Suite but I am not sure about Ziva.
Jr Suite
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Currently used a TSU and am in an Ocean Front Suite at the Zilara. Any thoughts if it's worth paying a little upgrade to go to a Swim Out Suite? It doesn't look from the photos that the swim out suites have nice views or really direct cocktail service. Did the swim out in Zilara in Cancun and loved it but doesn't look the same here.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:38 pm

Anywhere for 9 year to fish?

My three young (9, 7 and 3 year olds) boys are hoping to go fishing while at Ziva Rose Hall during our Christmas break in Jamaica later this month. We don't really want a rent a boat and do major deep sea fishing. Just cast off a pier or near shore away from swimmers.

Anyone know if we will have to leave the property to do this?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Just booked 4 nights for my wife and myself at the Hyatt Ziva in Jamaica. Unfortunately, the Zilara is not available using points, but available to book with cash...seemed odd.
I will keep looking and try to make the change.
Going the 2nd weekend in February, so hopefully not a ton of screaming kids.

Couple quick questions:
-Is there a marked difference between the two properties?
-Anyone know the cost of the cabanas?
-Globalist amenity?
-I have one suite upgrade to burn, and am thinking about using it here...is it worth it?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Zilara is going to be mostly newer rooms. Ziva is a mix of both. They're all part of the same resort, but some areas are adults only, which doesn't seem like it's a problem for you. However, while you used to be able to eat at Zilara restaurants if you were a Ziva adult, lately I don't think that's the case. Amenity no longer. TSU gets you a junior suite in the new building where the restaurants are - but only do it if you can stand the noise at night from the show in the green area in front.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Just returned from our fourth trip. Sadly this once incredible all-inclusive resort is not nearly is good as it once was. I’m happy to answer any questions.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by flyer121
Just returned from our fourth trip. Sadly this once incredible all-inclusive resort is not nearly is good as it once was. I’m happy to answer any questions.
What is it that makes you disappointed in this latest trip? Service? Food?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
What is it that makes you disappointed in this latest trip? Service? Food?
Major reductions to the amount and quality of staff. The food quantity and quality has gone significantly downhill. Beverages have gone from top shelf to generic. Even the kids club is not of nearly the same quality. Even the famous (once amazing) Jerk Chicken shack now uses frozen pre-prepared. It doesn’t taste nearly as good as it used to. Room service menu has gone from extensive to limited offerings. Coffee shop is now closed in the morning? And it’s 100% impossible to get anything for dessert or sweets after 10pm (room service menu included). They are now offering these very cheezy overpriced up-sells, things like additional $$$ for poll foam party, $35 for one frozen lobster tail etc. majority of cocktail glasses are now plastic, other than the swim-up bars they were almost always glass. I can answer more questions and give more specific details upon request.

Last edited by flyer121; Dec 31, 2017 at 9:05 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer121
Have you been to the Ziva/Zilara in Cancun? If booking another trip and had to choose between to the two where would go?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN
Have you been to the Ziva/Zilara in Cancun? If booking another trip and had to choose between to the two where would go?

Sorry to hijack this conversation, but I can't help myself and OP would benefit from a second viewpoint.

My family of 5 (three children under age of 10) are here at Ziva Rose Hall right now. We were at Ziva Cancun in Mar '17. We don't think we will come back to Jamaica if we do all inclusive again. Would do Cancun again though. Facilities at Cancun superior. Food options superior. In Cancun can walk and walk and walk on the beach. More beautiful water in Cancun. Heated pools in Cancun. Close by night life. Rose Hall only has Heineken and Red Stripe beer. Other options require upcharge.

Rose Hall has nicer backdrop (hills) and will almost always be a little warmer (maybe 3-7 degrees?).

​​​​​Just some initial thoughts as they are still fresh in my mind. Hope it helps in some way.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Sorry to hijack this conversation, but I can't help myself and OP would benefit from a second viewpoint.

My family of 5 (three children under age of 10) are here at Ziva Rose Hall right now. We were at Ziva Cancun in Mar '17. We don't think we will come back to Jamaica if we do all inclusive again. Would do Cancun again though. Facilities at Cancun superior. Food options superior. In Cancun can walk and walk and walk on the beach. More beautiful water in Cancun. Heated pools in Cancun. Close by night life. Rose Hall only has Heineken and Red Stripe beer. Other options require upcharge.

Rose Hall has nicer backdrop (hills) and will almost always be a little warmer (maybe 3-7 degrees?).

​​​​​Just some initial thoughts as they are still fresh in my mind. Hope it helps in some way.
when you say heated pools...does this mean the pools in Jamaica are cold???

Headed there in a month, and that would be a real downer if the pools are too cold.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Zilara Cancun is way better. No question. Will not return to Jamaica. Spent 5 nights there in December. Cold pools. No towels. No chairs. Generic booze. No hot water. Room smelt like sewage at night. Just not good all around. Cancun all around better.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:01 pm

I’ve been to Ziva Rose Hall four times, Zilara Rose Hall twice, Zillara Cancun one, and Ziva Los Cabo’s twice. It’s sad to see
how the Rose Hall property has gone so far down. It’s turned into a low budget quality Carnival Cruze .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.