Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by flyer121
Club Mobay is a complete waste.
Could not disagree more. On a recent 2 night trip where every minute of time counted, whisked through customs and immigration by skipping to the front of the line

On departure in the lounge, play room for my grandson and lots of great eats, wifi, and a super courteous staff. What more could one ask!

Worldspan
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:02 pm

dress code ??

so are khakis ok for men with sneakers? son rarely wears shoes (lives in flip flops) but will have to remind him to pack something appropriate,
Tia
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Seemed like there were plenty of people in shorts at the Surf & Turf place with no issues. Asian Fusion isn't pants required either.

However - French place is strict about this rule.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Seemed like there were plenty of people in shorts at the Surf & Turf place with no issues.....
I assume you mean FlavorZ which has casual dress code. FuZion has formal dress code but, as sam_goh said, not strictly enforced. You do need pants for Petit PariZ.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
November Update on Seaweed Situation

My wife and I just returned from a 4-night points stay at this property. We enjoyed it overall though it does have some issues.

I've written a succinct "seaweed update" post. Here's the majority of it (pictures of the seaweed conditions at beach and in water are at my site):
Throughout our 4-night, 5-day stay at the Hyatt Zilara and Ziva Rose Hall, the seaweed levels ranged from negligible to low. There was a bit of seaweed in the water at the Zilara side one day. The water on the Ziva side seemed void of seaweed for the most part.

There was one evening where I saw that a small amount of seaweed had collected on the beach. The following morning I spotted an employee raking it up.

We were generally happy with the water and beach conditions. That’s not to say that the beaches and water at this resort are the nicest we’ve ever visited (they’re not) but the seaweed levels were always bearable and in many cases negligible.

It’s also important to note that guests can easily use either the Zilara or Ziva beach – it’s literally about a 30 second walk to get there. If there’s a bit of seaweed at the one beach area you can simply visit the other area.

The pictures below capture the seaweed (or lack thereof) conditions at the Hyatt Zilara & Ziva Rose Hall in early November 2015.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
Does anybody know if Hyatt Gift Cards are accepted here? It appears as a "participating hotel" on Hyatt.com, but I've seen some blog posts saying otherwise. I've reached out to Hyatt directly but no response yet, so figured I'd check if anyone has any experience with them...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ender4576
Does anybody know if Hyatt Gift Cards are accepted here?.....
Yes, no problem.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:04 pm

So excited :-D. Going back for a third time this weekend, Ziva this time. More on that later (once we come back).
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ender4576
Does anybody know if Hyatt Gift Cards are accepted here? It appears as a "participating hotel" on Hyatt.com, but I've seen some blog posts saying otherwise. I've reached out to Hyatt directly but no response yet, so figured I'd check if anyone has any experience with them...
Yes, we used $3000 in gift cards in April, they took them when we checked in & applied them with no problems.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Yes, we used $3000 in gift cards in April, they took them when we checked in & applied them with no problems.
Is there any exchange rate issue? Thank you!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milemission
Is there any exchange rate issue? Thank you!
If giftcard is in USD currency then no exchange rate issue. Everything at the Hyatt and all resorts I have been in Jamaica is priced and charged in USD.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
For anyone visiting here with a DSU, make sure you call the hotel before you arrive to confirm your room or just book elsewhere. Booked a basic room and used a DSU that should have upgraded to a Junior Suite. Ended up in a basic room in the older building with resort view and hotel is making it seems like I was asking for a favor when I asked about my upgrade. Called Hyatt and they see that I should be in a junior suite in their system, but it seems they didn't communicate the upgrade to the hotel. Unfortunately nobody is taking responsibilities and coming up with solutions. Hotel is claiming that they are full while website is showing suites available (Maybe they do oversells). The best they can offer is to move us 2 nights before we leave, but at that point its pointless. We were actually booked elsewhere but switched because I needed the nights to re qualify, now I am regretting that decision as I could have done a mattress run back home. I would feel better about all this if a manager or someone higher up tried to reach out to me instead of everyone I speak to just apologizing that they cant give me a "free diamond upgrade as they are full" and not giving us an option to talk to a manager because they are unavailable. I don't think the staff here understands the concept of DSU, which is annoying. I would have paid the extra $$$ to guarantee a suite if I knew it wouldn't be an option once I arrive.

Anyways, just a word of caution for us diamonds using a DSU at these resorts to know there seems to be no proper system in place to guarantee the upgrade.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:23 pm

I booked 4 reward nights @ Zilara in January. We have platinum status. The booking agent put a request in the notes, but is there any hope of an upgrade? I really wanted to be in the new building.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel bug kris
I booked 4 reward nights @ Zilara in January. We have platinum status. The booking agent put a request in the notes, but is there any hope of an upgrade? I really wanted to be in the new building.
New building is all suite. You need a 4+ category upgrade. Good luck.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by TerryK
New building is all suite. You need a 4+ category upgrade. Good luck.
Are there any OF 1BR Butler Suites in the new building or are all of them located in the old building?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.