Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
New to Hyatt - made a booking on Hotels.com for a stay and learnt that its not eligible for points. Thats fine, how I am not able to even add my GP# on the reservation. I plan to status match from Marriott plat. Do I still get the benefits?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Acid
New to Hyatt - made a booking on Hotels.com for a stay and learnt that its not eligible for points. Thats fine, how I am not able to even add my GP# on the reservation. I plan to status match from Marriott plat. Do I still get the benefits?
All Hyatt stays no matter if it's revenue, award, booked through a third party is eligible for status perks but not points or stay credits if booked with a third party. Usually you can call to add your GP number but if the cant/won't, just present it at checkin.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Starwood Plat considering Hyatt Questions

I'm Starwood Platinum and am considering challenging to Hyatt later this year as I already have 7 award nights booked and would benefit from Diamond status during these nights. A few questions:

1. I assume award nights do NOT count for the Diamond challenge?
2. Do GOVERNMENT rate nights/stays count for the Diamond challenge?
3. Do GOVERNMENT rate nights/stays count as an eligible rate otherwise (non-challenge regular stays)?
4. If I book two rooms, do I receive stay credit for both rooms (as you do with Starwood) or just for the one room that I'm occupying?
5. If I pass Diamond, do I receive upgrade certs or is that only for 25 stay/50 night Diamonds?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:34 pm

1. Right, they don't count
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. One room only
5. You get the certs as soon as you are approved for the challenge
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

1. Award stays do not count for anything - no stay credit ever for any count challenge or annual counts.

2 & 3. Yes

4. No just one credit per night no matter how many rooms and usually how many properties you are checked into.

5. The suite upgrade Certs, usable only on revenue stays, will be deposited in your account (4) upon acceptance of the challenge and then annually in March (provided that you maintain Diamond status).
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:12 pm

But cash and points award stays do count against the Diamond challenge:

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...-new-benefits/
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Just out of curiosity, do award stays where you pay for a NOR upgrade, or an upgrade to a higher level room at checkin, count as stay/night credit?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Just out of curiosity, do award stays where you pay for a NOR upgrade, or an upgrade to a higher level room at checkin, count as stay/night credit?
Officially no but the chances of it happening does increase due to incorrect coding.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:14 pm

Do corporate rates count for the Diamond challenge? For example I have to ask for the "Client Name" rate when booking a Hyatt in order for the client to reimburse. Will those still count towards the challenge?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beltline
Do corporate rates count for the Diamond challenge? For example I have to ask for the "Client Name" rate when booking a Hyatt in order for the client to reimburse. Will those still count towards the challenge?
They should - some special event negotiated rates may not.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:36 am

i need a 4 night stay at the Maui Andaz this July. i will have points for 3 nights to book soon but not the 4th. can i make a reservation for 4 nights ( 3 points/cert) and hold the 4th room until i get the points in 2 months?

thanks,
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
i need a 4 night stay at the Maui Andaz this July. i will have points for 3 nights to book soon but not the 4th. can i make a reservation for 4 nights ( 3 points/cert) and hold the 4th room until i get the points in 2 months?

thanks,
I don't think Hyatt would do this unless you are Diamond (even then there are limits).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I don't think Hyatt would do this unless you are Diamond (even then there are limits).
yeah, i figured but wanted to ask anyways , i better hurry up on my points then !

once i get my certificate i guess i could book 3 nights and then wait for the points to post to get my 4th night.

thanks
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:29 pm

When are the points taken out of your account for cash and point award nights? I made a booking and then applied a suite upgrade and noticed no points were taken out of my account, but the suite upgrade is showing as used.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:45 pm

New to Hyatt. Transferred points from UR to redeem for 3 nights, as I was short of 2000 goldpoints, I purchased them, and nowhere on the site it says that it takes them 7-10 days to be available! What am I supposed to do now? Anybody ever heard of this? Any advice or tips, welcome! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.