Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:42 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Smile

Wow, thanks to the OP for this great deal. Changed my NYC reservation next week to the Plaza for Easter weekend,@$239, and the Boston Copley Plaza for May trip @$209 for King/Park view(with rates starting @169; Harbor Fairmont was $129). Now considering other possibilities, like maybe a spa weekend in Sonoma and could I possibly sqeeze in an early June, Maui trip? With the DEQM, the 3XBoston promo & now this, travel is getting pretty darn sweet! [Note: I did use OP's Booker#]
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I guess they wanted to make it a staff incentive program so they could have their own staff do the promoting for them... besides, the best was is through word of mouth anyway. Probably costs them a lot less money.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:56 am
Suspended

Exclamation IMHO, this is too, too good to be true!

Gee --

How wonderful!

Someone claims that Fairmont is permitting their Friends and Family rate for general release, and yet, there is nary a peep on the Fairmont website or in itS' press developments section.

Call me a skeptic, but I think this is bogus and not authorized by Fairmont.

Until I have seen greater evidence of same, I think this should be exercised with caution and certainly should be removed from the Boarding Area, Gary.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-for-everyone/

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 4, 2009 at 6:03 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Wow... everyone so paranoid in here. I'm in at work today. I remember hearing about this promotion through colleagues so I'm sure it's posted somewhere. If I find anything, I'll post it here to make everyone less skeptical and wary of the Fairmont brand.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Gee --

How wonderful!

Someone claims that Fairmont is permitting their Friends and Family rate for general release, and yet, there is nary a peep on the Fairmont website or in it press developments section.

Call me a skeptic, but I think this is bogus and not authorized by Fairmont.

Until I have seen greater evidence of same, I think this should be exercised with caution and certainly should be removed from the Boarding Area, Gary.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-for-everyone/
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by zoonil
San Fran- Hotel or Residence?
Fairmont Hotel is flagship for this chain and an opulent, grand old lady on top of Nob Hill. The new Residences are located at Ghirardelli Sq., which is near Fisherman's Wharf. Both locations are very nice and have their own advantages. If you want new, modern, & your own "apartment" then go for the residences, if you are into pampered luxury + marble, silk & gold, then try the hotel.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gleff
FWIW Intercontinental Hotels is doing this exact same thing at the moment.
No, they are not.

First IC's is pre-paid, non-refundable and presumably for only a short duration, at the moment.

Second, as you pointed out, it was released by the SVP of marketing, not a no-name on a questionable site.

Thrid, no PC points are earned on those special rates.

Heck, Fairmont does not even have a similar rewards program.

Beware!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 4, 2009 at 6:28 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
No, they are not.

First it is pre-paid.
That difference is correct.
Second, as you pointed out, it was released by the SVP of marketing, not a no-name on a questionable site.
It was initially released by several others working with IHG. It was posted on Flyertalk having nothing to do with Steve Sickel. It was shared with a couple bloggers by IHG employees. Subsequently Randy posted it on his blog, having gotten an email from Sickel.

Thrid, no PC points are earned on the Intcontl rates.
And yet several folks are finding that they do get points.

Fairmont does not even have a similar rewards program.
But they do have a program, Fairmont Presidents Club, no word on how benefits translate to a F&F offer but usually such benefits to (other benefits from Priority Club besides poitns appear to accrue, Marriott's F&F rate awards benefits and points...
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:35 am
Suspended

And yet several folks are finding that they do get points.

Good for them, but they are not supposed to......

But they do have a program, Fairmont Presidents Club, no word on how benefits translate to a F&F offer but usually such benefits to (other benefits from Priority Club besides poitns appear to accrue, Marriott's F&F rate awards benefits and points...
Yes, but besides status benefits, it does not seem to be a rewards based program like PC, Hilton, SPG and Hyatt, etc.

Finally, one can input the code without the ID -- which could be a made up number.

As you know, with Marriott, you must have very strict documentation for authorization. In addition, Marriott recently changed the rules to permit earning points because it now seems to have 2 rates, and employee rate and a friends and family rate.

How do we know this number is legitimate, and why, have no other Fairmont employees gone to the web with this offer?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 4, 2009 at 6:43 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
posted by a different employee with different booking id here:
http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/75052-f...da/#post848092
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:38 am
Suspended

posted by a different employee with different booking id here:
http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/75052-f...da/#post848092

And, why hasn't Farimont announced this?

Why on annonymous bulletin boards?

What is the provenance of this?

I know Randy and obviously his source is impeccable.

But come on!

I would be very very leery of this.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why, have not other Fairmont employees gone to the web with this offer?
and see also earlier in this thread:

Originally Posted by sc flier
A similar post by a newbie in Lonely Planet's forum claims that the referring employee gets a $10 commission. It's a different Booker ID in that forum's post. (Also note that the user who posted it there has posted it in 3 different areas of that BB -- their only 3 posts in the whole forum.)

Also posted here by someone that states upfront that they get "a little cash reward."

I did a search in Google for "fairmont nfaf" (without quotes).
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And, why hasn't Farimont announced this?

Why on annonymous bulletin boards?
Precisely for the same reason that Intercontinental Hotels Group didn't announce this, you won't see a banner ad on their home page either.

They don't want to undercut the rates they're getting from existing bookings. If they 'announced' this they might as well just cut all their rates to this price. But they don't need to. They DO get bookings at those prices.

They are attempting to drive INCREMENTAL BOOKINGS that are likely to be especially price sensitive. They're trying to go viral. They're basically doing the same thing as Priceline, with the added benefit of course of not paying Priceline (and in this case they're incentivizing their employees instead of paying a PL commission.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:49 am
Suspended

Precisely for the same reason that Intercontinental Hotels Group didn't announce this, you won't see a banner ad on their home page either.

They don't want to undercut the rates they're getting from existing bookings. If they 'announced' this they might as well just cut all their rates to this price. But they don't need to. They DO get bookings at those prices.

They are attempting to drive INCREMENTAL BOOKINGS that are likely to be especially price sensitive. They're trying to go viral. They're basically doing the same thing as Priceline, with the added benefit of course of not paying Priceline (and in this case they're incentivizing their employees instead of paying a PL commission.

I just hope you are right and that alot of people do not get burned.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 4, 2009 at 6:56 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:04 am

Works for Raffles Hotels Too!

As Fairmont chain also includes Raffles Hotels, was curious to see if this code worked with them as well...it did. Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills was available for end of month @$275 Deluxe King. The lowest promo rate available without code was $399 Superior or $425 Deluxe.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jim5518
I tried the 12th to the 13th of April got a rate of 239.00 for the PLaza.Regular rate was 595.00
Thanks. I guess it's capacity controlled. I also tried booking a couple of nights at the Frontenac in Quebec this summer without luck. But I do see they have off-peak dates cheap under this deal.

If nothing else, this promo has raised my brand awareness of Fairmont. I now know where all their hotels are!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.