Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:04 pm
  #1546  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
fairmont sonoma

Just returned from the Fairmont Sonoma over New Years.

We had a Jr. Suite in the wine rooms. very nice and cozy!

The service at the hotel was wonderful! breakfast was delievered within 20 minutes of calling it in. Bell service was there within 5 minutes. Front desk...great!

Was disappointed in the spa. I thought it was a willow springs...it's not. you can tell. I don't like the coed steam, jacuzzi. Too many people and not relaxing. Treatments were only so so at best.

We used the NFAF rate and it was a deal!
kell113 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:09 am
  #1547  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: centurion
Posts: 1
Fairmont nfaf doesnt work in ny or miami

I tried to use the nf&f deal in ny & miami no luck anybody know od any better rates for these locations for january
SOLE is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:41 pm
  #1548  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Up North
Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
Posts: 325
It's showing availability for the code at the Plaza in NYC in Feb. When I had looked before last year I thought it was a lot less. Anyone got any ideas why?

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 6, 2010 at 7:15 pm Reason: remove rate details as per promo policy
PointsMeanPrizes is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:56 pm
  #1549  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 45
Booked SFO in Jan awesome deal thanks to all involved
veryfewmiles is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:53 pm
  #1550  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 56,469
Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes
It's showing availability for the code at the Plaza in NYC in Feb. When I had looked before last year I thought it was a lot less. Anyone got any ideas why?
When the promo was first announced the Plaza was at a ridiculously low rate which soon thereafter jumped up probably due to overwhelming demand. Why sell it so low when you know you can get a little more? That's my best guess anyway and even at the slightly higher NFAF rate still think it's a very good value for the Plaza.
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:23 pm
  #1551  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
kea lani fairmont friends & family is it available May 2010

Hi there,

Going to Maui for my wedding May 2010. Taking both sets of parents and would love to stay at Fairmont Kea Lani if could find good rate like Friends and Family mentioned. Will it be extended to May 2010? If so, what do I do - online fairmont.com wouldn't take code?

Aloha

Originally Posted by Trinity48
I successfully stayed 3 nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui using
the NFAF code. My cost was $169 per night.
I checked in at front desk without any hassels.
No questions asked!

The Fairmont NFAF code works like a charm.

Please note my stay there was just last week.
mauiwedding is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:27 pm
  #1552  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Posts: 10,839
Originally Posted by mauiwedding
Hi there,

Going to Maui for my wedding May 2010. Taking both sets of parents and would love to stay at Fairmont Kea Lani if could find good rate like Friends and Family mentioned. Will it be extended to May 2010? If so, what do I do - online fairmont.com wouldn't take code?

Aloha
Currently it is through March 31.
AndyTLe is offline  
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:23 pm
  #1553  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,380
Originally Posted by yoho
Thanks nyx.t2t - Just returned from Singapore Fairmont last week for 3 nights and was upgraded.
I'm thinking about staying at the same property in April. Were there any questions by the front desk about this rate code during your stay?
sfvoyage is offline  
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:51 pm
  #1554  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Posts: 352
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'm thinking about staying at the same property in April. Were there any questions by the front desk about this rate code during your stay?
If you make your reservation properly online and enter a booker ID code, they won't ask any questions at front desk. They may just mention to you that you're on the stay under the family and friends rate.
nyx.t2t is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:10 am
  #1555  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sol III
Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Posts: 1,329
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'm thinking about staying at the same property in April. Were there any questions by the front desk about this rate code during your stay?
Note though that the NFAF rate promo ends Mar 31?
choptliva is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:21 am
  #1556  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,380
Originally Posted by choptliva
Note though that the NFAF rate promo ends Mar 31?
The Fairmont website seems to be accepting the NFAF code still for my dummy reservation for early April. I didn't complete the reservation process, though, so maybe the reservation wouldn't stick. I'll check back here to see if the promo may be extended.
sfvoyage is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:55 am
  #1557  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
The Fairmont website seems to be accepting the NFAF code still for my dummy reservation for early April. I didn't complete the reservation process, though, so maybe the reservation wouldn't stick. I'll check back here to see if the promo may be extended.
Not sure what the technical system allows at Fairmont.com, but the official word from Fairmont is that NFAF has been extended until March 31, 2009.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:37 pm
  #1558  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Not sure what the technical system allows at Fairmont.com, but the official word from Fairmont is that NFAF has been extended until March 31, 2009.
Is this the date on which they will stop taking new reservations, or the date on which the promotion ends altogether (i.e., you cannot stay at the hotel after March 31 using NFAF rates)? I will want to book for June, so any clarification will be much appreciated.
oneill.bt is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:47 pm
  #1559  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
Originally Posted by oneill.bt
Is this the date on which they will stop taking new reservations, or the date on which the promotion ends altogether (i.e., you cannot stay at the hotel after March 31 using NFAF rates)? I will want to book for June, so any clarification will be much appreciated.
The official word is that the last night you can stay at a Fairmont on the NFAF rate is March 31, 2010. If Fairmont updates or extends it, the message will be passed on to Flyertalk.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:44 pm
  #1560  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by sosolik99
My wife and I are spending our 10 yr anniversary in Maui and would like to stay at the Fairmont (3/18-3/23). Does anyone have a code the can send to me? It would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to FT. Look at this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...2010-a-18.html

Post # 263

Read the signature very very carefully

You need to get a valid booker ID code. From someone.

Read the signature again.
andylogan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.