Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Aventine

All guest rooms at Conrad Tokyo will be non-smoking from October 1, 2017 onwards.
source

Nice to see this update on their homepage.
Which means current smoking rooms will become non-smoking rooms. Is it possible that those former smoking rooms will have residual cigarette smoke smell for some time? To completely get rid of residual smoke smell they have to gut out carpets, chairs, etc. in a room, don’t they? Will Conrad Tokyo do that to current smoking rooms? For those very sensitive to smell of cigarette likely should avoid former smoking rooms, but there will be no way to know which rooms are former smoking rooms, won’t they?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Which means current smoking rooms will become non-smoking rooms. Is it possible that those former smoking rooms will have residual cigarette smoke smell for some time? To completely get rid of residual smoke smell they have to gut out carpets, chairs, etc. in a room, don’t they? Will Conrad Tokyo do that to current smoking rooms? For those very sensitive to smell of cigarette likely should avoid former smoking rooms, but there will be no way to know which rooms are former smoking rooms, won’t they?
I am pretty sensitive to cigarette odors, but when I stayed in their Royal Hamarikyu Suite, I didn't notice a thing. So I got the feeling that they know what they're doing in this regard.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not sure where to post this but thought I would start here. My wife and daughter are heading to Japan in December for a week. Their first 2 nights will be here at the Conrad Tokyo. Yes, I spent the 95K points per night. Not a problem. My daughter is a US citizen so no Visa needed to go, my wife is a Chinese citizen but has a green card. Thus she needs a Visa. After the first 2 nights at the Conrad Tokyo they are going to explore so no other hotels booked. Fo my wife's Visa they are asking for a list of hotels, is it really necessary or is just listing the Conrad with no dates ok and she will get the Visa or do they really need to book all their other hotels before applying for my wife's Visa?

Mods, please move to appropriate place if this is not good.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
My wife was in a similar situation. When she applied for a visa in LA, we didn't have all of our hotels booked and didn't have the final flight (from Auckland to the US). She was told to finalize all plans, including those post Japan (but part of the same trip) before submitting. So I think you need to at least have some Booking.com reservations that you can cancel for free just to avoid the scenario.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:12 pm

I'm looking to use a couple weekend night certificates in April 2018, but there's a three week period from late March to mid April with zero standard award availability (base rooms aren't even available for paid stays). I understand that this is peak cherry blossom season, but does anyone know if they eventually open up standard awards closer to the date?

It's a similar story for the Hilton Tokyo - no standard rooms available from late March onwards.

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gosha83
My wife was in a similar situation. When she applied for a visa in LA, we didn't have all of our hotels booked and didn't have the final flight (from Auckland to the US). She was told to finalize all plans, including those post Japan (but part of the same trip) before submitting. So I think you need to at least have some Booking.com reservations that you can cancel for free just to avoid the scenario.
Thanks, I'll make some other bookings to cover the time period.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:19 pm

Either golden week or too early for rewards to be released (I haven't checked the dates). Japan is odd, and they release availability quite late, sometimes early. They sort of march to their own beat a bit...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I was checking prices for a potential trip in November and there seems to be a 50% flash sale on ( full prepayment and nonrefundable)

Prices at the conrad from c Y25,000

Regards

TBS
?!
When i checked the prices were higher! (Maybe a higher base rate to start with)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
?!
When i checked the prices were higher! (Maybe a higher base rate to start with)
The flash sale is over.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Either golden week or too early for rewards to be released (I haven't checked the dates). Japan is odd, and they release availability quite late, sometimes early. They sort of march to their own beat a bit...
Thanks, I guess I'll just keep looking then!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Staying here for a few days and am very impressed with the hotel! Booked a standard room (cash) and received an upgrade to a bay view suite. Service so far has been excellent and breakfast this morning was lovely. Looking forward to spending the weekend...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by aabbcc
I'm looking to use a couple weekend night certificates in April 2018, but there's a three week period from late March to mid April with zero standard award availability (base rooms aren't even available for paid stays). I understand that this is peak cherry blossom season, but does anyone know if they eventually open up standard awards closer to the date?

It's a similar story for the Hilton Tokyo - no standard rooms available from late March onwards.

Thanks!
IIRC, it might be a little early for the booking. I went in April of this year (Cherry Blossom season) and was able to secure rooms by booking in mid November of 2016. I would try weekly to see if the award availability shows up. Good luck!

This hotel is ^^^^^^^
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Does anyone know if this hotel offers bicycle rentals, and if so, complimentary or paid?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Seeking advice on which room category to book.
Booking (1) room (2) persons. Myself and father; prefer twin beds.
My father is Diamond. We have access to FHR through Amex Plat.

With Diamond:
-We get lounge access. So I should not book a executive room right?
-We get breakfast downstairs. Buffet?
-In theory we also get an upgrade; 1 cat.

With FHR:
-We get breakfast for 2. This would be the same as i would normally get anyway correct; downstairs buffet?
-We get a room upgrade.
-Third night free; kinda the reason that got me looking here.

Im thinking the following:
Probably no double upgrade from diamond & FHR.
Benefits of Diamond still apply if booked through FHR; lounge?

What i want to do is choose correct room to maximize value & room upgrade; im thinking there must be others in this situation right? This seems to be a popular spot!

We are looking to get into a Twin Suite of some sort.
I dont see a difference or value in the City vs Bay view. Are the Corner rooms larger/better? The City/Bay vs Corner designation-both listed at 72 sq. ft.

Anybody know how if its possible to get upgrade to the Deluxe Suite?

Before i went down the rabbit hole i had selected a Twin Suite City Corner, but im concerned there isn't much upgrade possibilities from there.
And lets be real- its all about the upgrades. If further upgrade isn't possible id consider booking down a category.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would go with FHR and add your Diamond number. 3rd night free!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.