Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:32 pm

UPDATE!
Not good news for those holding reservations and confirms my earlier suspicions: just received an e-mail from Hilton cancelling my reservation for arrival NOVEMBER 19th!!!
Explanation was the more-extensive-than thought damage...no reopening date given and states ALL reservations were being cancelled.
No offer of certificate, just that any reservations made on points would be credited back and that prepaid stays would be refunded (no time frame given).
Now will have to scramble for an alternate Thanksgiving getaway!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Dec 1 reopening posted on website.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Dec 1 reopening posted on website.
Let's see what Irma has to say.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
FYI, I had a reservation for end of December that has been cancelled because the resort will still be closed.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
A special heartfelt thank you to all our loyal guest and friends for your overwhelming support. As a result of the impact from Hurricane Irma, the reopening of our restoration and enhancement project has been delayed. Our hotel will remain closed until early 2018 as we work hard to deliver a first-class experience to our resort guests. We are deeply grateful for the efforts of local police, emergency responders and other officials in supporting the recovery effort. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all people who have been impacted by Hurricane Irma.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Any updates here? How badly impacted was the hotel and surrounding area by the hurricane?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Bump to see if anyone has info as to when HMI will re-open?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Nothing specific. Website says early 2018
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:06 pm

Bump - was advised by someone on TripAdvisor, per local news story, that this resort would be opening back up on March 7. Yet, no rooms are available in March as per website. Anyone with new insight on the situation here? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:17 pm

I just called the resort direct...lady I spoke with said they'd be reopening MID 2018, with no specific date in mind. Anyone holding out for a spring stay there may as well forget it. I'm also moving on.....
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:15 am

Looks like this place is coming back on line before Xmas ^
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:40 pm

According to FB it's open
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:33 pm

I recently completed a 4-night stay at the Hilton Marco Island post-reopening. There were four rooms on the reservation as this was a celebration of a friend’s birthday this year.

The Highs:
  • Decent Honors Benefits (I am gold). This included 2 free breakfast buffets daily per room. The FD did not seem to care that this was a 4 room reservation. We were all awarded free breakfast despite the fact that only a couple of us were gold members.
  • Most all the rooms (still) feature gulf views. I was surprised that my room on the first floor had a great view despite the appearance of it being blocked by a privacy fence.
  • Another benefit of the first floor is the much taller ceilings. Rooms on the 2nd floor and above have a 1980’s hotel feel to them due to the low ceilings.
  • Wonderful bar that is virtually entirely open-air. The bar also featured a daily happy hour from 11AM-6PM “until further notice.” I got the impression that once business picked up again, this happy hour would be going away. Wines were $5 and domestic beers were I think $3. We were all big on the happy hour.
  • Restaurant staff was very pleasant and fun.
  • Did not get to use the Spa as it was not yet open. Instead we all went to the JW Marriott Spa down the road which was a 4 out of 5.
The Lows:
  • Despite being “the first reservations” post reopening, our rooms were not ready until 4 or 5PM. Curious as it sounded like we were the first people to stay in the rooms. (?)
  • The quality of the renovation is obvious in the common areas such as the restaurant, pool and lobby. The quality is less obvious in the rooms. If the same contractors had done work on my master bathroom, I would make them do some things over.
  • Hot water midday was scarce. A call to the front desk and facilities was met with an apology and subsequent indifference. Very strange. Shower head was weak despite a comparatively huge shower.
  • Things from the room were obviously reused from before the renovation/fire/etc. For example the filling of the duvet was nonexistent with big lumps around the permitter. Did they really store stuff like this for 2 year to reuse them upon reopening? Odd!
  • Housekeeping was so-so. The floors are tile so they generally get filthy pretty quickly. They were not swept or mopped during the 4 night stay. Glasses in the room were not replaced despite a kind written request.
  • Part of the Honors benefits was a $5 credit at the pantry. This credit never applied to the bill.

Overall I would probably not stay here again unless incented to return. I never heard back from the FD manager despite a promise to do so. At $400+ a night, hot water and a well-kept room are a must.
MikeW_ORD likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by ben1233
I recently completed a 4-night stay at the Hilton Marco Island post-reopening. There were four rooms on the reservation as this was a celebration of a friend’s birthday this year.

The Highs:
  • Decent Honors Benefits (I am gold). This included 2 free breakfast buffets daily per room. The FD did not seem to care that this was a 4 room reservation. We were all awarded free breakfast despite the fact that only a couple of us were gold members.
  • Most all the rooms (still) feature gulf views. I was surprised that my room on the first floor had a great view despite the appearance of it being blocked by a privacy fence.
  • Another benefit of the first floor is the much taller ceilings. Rooms on the 2nd floor and above have a 1980’s hotel feel to them due to the low ceilings.
  • Wonderful bar that is virtually entirely open-air. The bar also featured a daily happy hour from 11AM-6PM “until further notice.” I got the impression that once business picked up again, this happy hour would be going away. Wines were $5 and domestic beers were I think $3. We were all big on the happy hour.
  • Restaurant staff was very pleasant and fun.
  • Did not get to use the Spa as it was not yet open. Instead we all went to the JW Marriott Spa down the road which was a 4 out of 5.
The Lows:
  • Despite being “the first reservations” post reopening, our rooms were not ready until 4 or 5PM. Curious as it sounded like we were the first people to stay in the rooms. (?)
  • The quality of the renovation is obvious in the common areas such as the restaurant, pool and lobby. The quality is less obvious in the rooms. If the same contractors had done work on my master bathroom, I would make them do some things over.
  • Hot water midday was scarce. A call to the front desk and facilities was met with an apology and subsequent indifference. Very strange. Shower head was weak despite a comparatively huge shower.
  • Things from the room were obviously reused from before the renovation/fire/etc. For example the filling of the duvet was nonexistent with big lumps around the permitter. Did they really store stuff like this for 2 year to reuse them upon reopening? Odd!
  • Housekeeping was so-so. The floors are tile so they generally get filthy pretty quickly. They were not swept or mopped during the 4 night stay. Glasses in the room were not replaced despite a kind written request.
  • Part of the Honors benefits was a $5 credit at the pantry. This credit never applied to the bill.

Overall I would probably not stay here again unless incented to return. I never heard back from the FD manager despite a promise to do so. At $400+ a night, hot water and a well-kept room are a must.
$400 a night for a regular room? Sure doesn't sound like a very enticing "please come and give us a try" reopening rate.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:52 am

well they are up to $700 a night.

Any recent stays.
kinda gets very mixed on trip advisor and oyster etic even pre hurricane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.