Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:04 pm

Hilton Marco Island, FL

Any feedback on this property? We were original going to stay at Edgewater Waldorf Naples, but heard many iffy reviews.

With this Marco Island property, it seems there are many types of rooms. Particularly, I do not understand the big differences between King, King 1 bedroom 1.5 bath, and King Open. Can anyone explain, and give me some general hotel feedback? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
I don't have the answers to your questions, but wanted to make sure you knew it has been recently renovated. We have also been looking to go there in the near future.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm heading out in August and would appreciate any reports on local restaurants please.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:09 am

We just came back from this property. In many ways to call it a "resort" is a stretch. It's a tall building on the beach with an adjoining restaurant and spa. The pool is ok- not huge. The beach is close- they do provide chairs (buy an umbrella since rental for one day is $20). As a Diamond we got zero recognition- supposedly a better view but no room upgrade. They even forgot the waters, We were also celebrating a personal milestone and absolutely nothing. I didn't see too much of a difference between Diamond and Gold. The breakfast buffet was good (you get coupons as HH Diamond) - can upgrade for $5 each. We did not eat lunch or dinner there. It's easy to walk across the street and go to eat (or drive). $16 for a burger was just not going to happen. The staff was friendly- except the front desk. At check-in, the woman didn't tell me anything at all- just welcome and gave me keys and breakfast coupons. There was NOBODY behind me so there really wasn't a good reason.

The rooms are basically all called "junior suites" which may conjure up a real suite but it's just a plain vanilla room (on the small side too). The hotel had activities but most of them were just pushing the tour packages ($) and even bingo cost $1 per card! (kids win a glow stick!).. come 'on..

The GM was very visible but they catered to people who return over and over again (why- I have no idea). There was a mgr's reception which was really skimpy on the food part but at least it was complimentary. They gave a certificate to someone who had stayed there 25 times?

Eating in Marco Island was disappointing (we did not go to high end places since we have young kids)- I would have gone to a chain in a heartbeat (that's how disappointing the food was). Going to Naples was a trek with little ones who eat early and we are trying to maximize beach/pool time.

We used points for 7 nights- I think we should have gone to the Waldorf Astoria instead (in Naples). But overall, this was not our favorite trip or hotel.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Can anyone suggest any restaurants close to the hotel?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by laurava
As a Diamond we got zero recognition- supposedly a better view but no room upgrade. .
This why when I am in Naples it is the Edgewater WA or the Naples WA. That Marco Island property is truly pathetic.
Old May 18, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
This why when I am in Naples it is the Edgewater WA or the Naples WA. That Marco Island property is truly pathetic.
I completely agree- my last sentence in my TR was that we should have stayed at either WA and skipped Marco Island... what an utter waste of points for 7 nights!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Stayed here for a conference in early October. Paid around $135 a night and felt like I received value. The property is nice, if not fancy. I truly thought this was a solid place. The bar ran a buy one get one free happy hour all week, and the beers were priced well to start with. Mixed drinks were another story. The staff was helpful and I was impressed. Marco Island in general was a disappointment. I understand we were there off season and it's basically a retirement home with a bridge to the main land. The beach at the property was nice and the views from the rooms were enjoyable. While I'm sure there are lots of other Hilton 'resorts' that are much better, if you can get a good price and are looking for a mostly quiet trip, this place should fit the bill.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by sanforj
Stayed here for a conference in early October. Paid around $135 a night and felt like I received value. The property is nice, if not fancy. I truly thought this was a solid place. The bar ran a buy one get one free happy hour all week, and the beers were priced well to start with. Mixed drinks were another story. The staff was helpful and I was impressed. Marco Island in general was a disappointment. I understand we were there off season and it's basically a retirement home with a bridge to the main land. The beach at the property was nice and the views from the rooms were enjoyable. While I'm sure there are lots of other Hilton 'resorts' that are much better, if you can get a good price and are looking for a mostly quiet trip, this place should fit the bill.
We're in the midst of a stay at this property and our impressions are in line with yours.

The employees are great and our room is quite pleasant. IMO it's a small "junior suite" but a big room with a lovely view of the beach.

The 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Happy Hour was pleasant last night, although the property is fairly deserted. Decent 2-for-1 prices on drinks and a not-bad appetizer menu.

This morning we found the continental buffet, which included cold turkey and ham along with two cheeses, quite adequate and decided not to "upgrade" for $5 to the full buffet.

We have no particular interest in exploring Marco Island, except for a quick foray this afternoon to the Lee Be Fish Company for terrific fresh fish.

We walked along the rather glorious beach this morning, collected more of the beautiful shells we've found in the past on this side of Florida, and will probably cocoon here for the final two days of our stay.

The pool is largely deserted but the water is warm (easily 85 degrees) and we enjoyed paddling around.

It obviously depends what you're looking for, but we're finding that it more than meets our expectations for this kind of relaxing holiday. In that sense, I'm not disputing the impressions of previous posters, but IMO it's very much of a YMMV.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: US Airways - Chairman, Delta - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum
Can anyone thats been there recently speak to the nightlife nearby?

I know marco island is known as a retirement community, but just curious if theres bars open late within walking distance or any other nightlife options other than staying on the resort.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:11 pm

Across the road is a small shopping precinct with a couple of bars that stay open to around 1 or 2 in the morning. The Italian changes to a Disco on Friday and Saturday night. Not hopping but OK.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
We recently stayed at this hotel so wanted to give our impression.

Overall we found the people to be very friendly. No problem at the front desk as mentioned by others.

The updates must be completed as everything looked fresh and new.

We were given hot breakfast coupons being a diamond. I'd rate the breakfast as very good with 6-7 hot dishes plus a cooked to order omelet station and plenty of fresh fruit. Having come from snow, we especially liked sitting on the outdoor patio to eat the breakfast. Hours were very good (7-11) so we could sleep-in without rushing down.

The beach is very good - while not as good a Siesta Key, it was still beautiful. We didn't use them, but you can still get "free" beach chairs and umbrellas (which were free when we were there). Lots of sea shells to collect and you can walk for miles.

Ate a light meal at the bar (watching the super bowl) but otherwise we ate mostly at the restaurants right across the street (and I mean - RIGHT across the street). We tried the Mexican, Seafood, and Italian restaurants. I'd rate them as good with a slight tilt towards the Italian restaurant (Da Vinci).

I'd rate this hotel very good EXCEPT we had a hassle with our room. We reserved King Jr Suite with Deluxe gulf view. The room itself was outstanding (agree with a previous poster that they are large but probably not really a suite) but it certainly didn't have a deluxe gulf view (on 5th floor and mostly viewed the pool). We complained to the front desk, but couldn't be moved for 2 days. Once we were moved, we got the view we expected and paid for. However, after the move, they failed to recognize my status with requested upgrades (pillows and towels). I was very disappointed we didn't get the room we paid for the entire trip nor their failure to recognize our status (except for the breakfast coupons).

I'd go back but only if we can be guaranteed to get the room we originally paid for.

Last edited by Tall Paul; Feb 11, 2015 at 11:29 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
TallPaul, were you given room choices with OLCI? At that time were only inferior view rooms available (or could you not tell from the floorplan?).

We're going there for the first time in May and now concerned about room allocation.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I did do OLCI with only one room being offered. I think next time I will do as others suggest which is check out the rooms offered on OLCI and take it only if it offers what you really want. I did ask for a better room once we saw the room. We also checked in "late" (4:00) which might have screwed us.

I don't know how you guarantee yourself a truly premium view. They seem to report any view out the North (?) side of the hotel as premium. Once you get far enough west in the building, the view is excellent.

Last edited by Tall Paul; Feb 15, 2015 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks for the tip - will try to get as far west as possible.

Was it noisy overlooking the pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.