Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by freestay
The same reservation manager that assured me Friday that they'd be opening today said they're still opening on December 1st...personally I think the staff is instructed about what to say to not lose bookings and I wouldn't count on December 1st. The Marriott is right next door so I do intend to go over to the Hilton next week and check out the renovation progress...will post report around the 25th.
When we were at the Hilton a year and a half ago ground had just been broken on a project directly south, right next door. Can someone who goes there shortly find out if whatever they were building is done and what it is? (condo, hotel)?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by freestay
The same reservation manager that assured me Friday that they'd be opening today said they're still opening on December 1st...personally I think the staff is instructed about what to say to not lose bookings and I wouldn't count on December 1st. The Marriott is right next door so I do intend to go over to the Hilton next week and check out the renovation progress...will post report around the 25th.
Great thanks. I don't fancy moving to the Marriott especially if I have to pay for breakfast...the horror.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:44 pm

Just returned from my 4-night Thanksgiving stay...which wound up being at the Marriott. Good news: weather was gorgeous, clear and sunny, despite initial problem at check-in I did receive the promised King Pool/Beach view on high-floor of South Tower facing north AWAY from construction, rooms are very spacious with newly renovated large bathroom areas, beach facilities were terrific - and I was not charged the expected $25 daily resort fee, food quality at all dining venues was quite good. Not so good news: drove over to the Hilton which does not look close to reopening, did not see much activity going on, the hotel webpage now states "reopening in 2017"...so, if you have December reservations, contact the on-site Reservations Manager immediately! And the check with the in-house reservations department at the Marriott to confirm EXACTLY what type of accommodation you've been booked for.

Hopefully they'll be able to move you to the Marriott at the reserved Hilton rate (because Marriott rates are much higher)...don't know what happens with a reward stay. The Marriott will not cover breakfast, even for Diamonds...the buffet was $28 + 18% gratuity. The rooms do all have small refrigerators and pod coffeemakers, tho. YOU DO NOT WANT TO FACE SOUTH IN THE SOUTH (ISLAND) TOWER: the construction of the Marriott's new adult-only Tower is noisy and very noticeable...and ugly. They are also way behind schedule and won't be finished for at least another year.

Also, the Marriott resort has a different feel than the Hilton did as it is a much larger and spread-out hotel.

Hope this helps! Oh and for a GREAT meal see if you can get a reservation at Fin's Bistro about a mile up on Collier...and ask for a patio table.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:28 am

Thanks for the info! I did call the hotel and was told they are opening on Dec 1st but as that's 6 days away it doesn't seem to jive with what you saw. My res is Dec 18 for 2 nights.

I'll just cancel rather than stay at the Marriott - my res is points and money in the cheapest room (2 of them) so I can imagine the rooms it would translate into at the Marriott without a chance of an upgrade. I'm not thrilled with the way they are treating reservations they are unable to honor though. I would think it should be treated as a walk and covering breakfast is the least they could do. Pls let us know how you get on with the diamond desk.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:15 pm

There were a few recent reviews on Tripadvisor this past week. Both were there for a conference. One was walked to the Marriott, and the other did stay at the Hilton, but said there was a lot of work still being done. I emailed the GM on Friday and haven't received a response. Will call them on Monday morning.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Hotel site mentions grand reopening in 2017--no date given.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:33 am

Just spoke with the front desk. They said that the hotel will be opening on December 1, that the remaining construction is on the 11th floor, and that all other hotel facilities will be open. Their website show no rooms available on December 1 but does show availability for December 2.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:32 pm

I'll be interested to see what happens with the December reservations...unfortunately, the hotel employees are kept in the dark, too so that they don't lose bookings. Also, just FYI, the Marriott manager told me that the Hilton DID open for a few days in November to accommodate some of a medical group that they had contracted with (sending many over to Marriott) but that the restaurants were not operational and they reclosed right after that group departed.???
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:32 am

I wrote to the reservation manager to ask how much construction would still be going on by Dec 18th.. The response:

Our reopening date is December 1st. All the public areas are completed. We will still be working on the 11th and 1st floor rooms and might have some light projects going on. However, the major part of the renovation will be completed before your arrival.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the resort soon!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:46 pm

I am at the hotel now, having checked in on Saturday.

The facility is mostly done. The first floor and apparently the top floor are still being renovated. The pool, hot tub and restaurant are completed, and the hotel is fully staffed.

What's not finished? Two of the four elevators are not operational. One of the two walkways to the beach is still being constructed. The areas on most, if not all, floors where ice machines are to be located are curtained off. Lots of workers doing lots of stuff, but very little of it is bothersome. Everything seems to be freshly painted, and as a result the walls have nothing on them and look a little stark. I don't believe they're charging any resort fee at this point.

The hotel is about 1/3 to 1/2 full, and there are tons of empty lounge chairs and umbrellas available all day. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm told the hotel expects to be turning people away in a few months as the Marriott a few doors down becomes a JW Marriott and jacks up its prices accordingly.

As a Gold, I was upgraded from a garden view to gulf view. Complimentary breakfast is the full buffet, which runs $27 per person.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by avatexrs
I am at the hotel now, having checked in on Saturday.

The facility is mostly done. The first floor and apparently the top floor are still being renovated. The pool, hot tub and restaurant are completed, and the hotel is fully staffed.

What's not finished? Two of the four elevators are not operational. One of the two walkways to the beach is still being constructed. The areas on most, if not all, floors where ice machines are to be located are curtained off. Lots of workers doing lots of stuff, but very little of it is bothersome. Everything seems to be freshly painted, and as a result the walls have nothing on them and look a little stark. I don't believe they're charging any resort fee at this point.

The hotel is about 1/3 to 1/2 full, and there are tons of empty lounge chairs and umbrellas available all day. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm told the hotel expects to be turning people away in a few months as the Marriott a few doors down becomes a JW Marriott and jacks up its prices accordingly.

As a Gold, I was upgraded from a garden view to gulf view. Complimentary breakfast is the full buffet, which runs $27 per person.
What exactly did they do to the pool? (we liked it the way it was) - was it just new paint/tile or did they change the configuration at all?

Especially, please tell me if they still have a few lounge chairs up against the windowed walkway (hard to describe) - those were ALWAYS in the shade and we loved them.

When we were there the way they were talking was that they were only changing the restaurants because they were not ADA compliant - there were several steps that had to be negotiated. Have they done something more substantial to the restaurants other than putting in ramps/level flooring?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:14 pm

It's my first stay here so I don't know what the pool and restaurants were before. Another guest told me the pool was mostly unchanged, although the hot tub was completely redone and expanded. I can tell you that almost 100% of the chairs around the pool are in the shade until at least noon, and that probably half of them are in the shade the entire day.

As for the restaurants, there's only one, and the other guest said it was moved from one side of the pool to the other (north) side. Can't say whether there will be additional restaurants, although I didn't see any construction going on that looked like anything like a new one.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
I'm a regular at this hotel (generally two stays a year) and I hope it's not in too much disarray when I arrive this week, As for a resort fee, there's some monkey business going on. When I booked this vacation back in July, there was no resort fee and my confirmation reflects that. However, when I just looked today at the reservation in my HHonors account, a $25 per day resort fee was magically added! Needless to say, even if they did try to charge me, I'm bringing my backup evidence with me. I suggest others with future reservations do the same.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:49 am

Just looked at my folio to date. No resort fee, $10 per day to self-park - same as when I booked my reservation.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Checked in yesterday. The good news is that the new pool and expanded hot tub are beautiful, and the new padded pool chairs are a terrific addition. The bad news is that there was lots of construction noise we could hear in our room this afternoon. If this continues, then they definitely reopened too soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.