Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
Not many kids here early Feb. They also close the pool at dusk which should make the nose from the pool more reasonable. Additionally, I found their sound proofing of their patio door to be excellent at keeping out noise. The same could not be said for the nose from the hallway (which seemed odd).
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
RE: Hilton Marco Island Review

We are staying here now for a 3-night award stay (2 nights with Citi Certificates and 1 night on points). There are 11 floors and all rooms are good sized. Only garden view rooms were available for the award stay. At check-in, I requested a room on the pool side on a high floor but was told poolside rooms weren't available at that time but we were upgraded to a Gulf view on the opposite side from the pool on the 10th floor. The room had a musty or moldy smell when we checked-in. We spent some time at the pool and when we returned, the smell was terrible - sewer gas smell. We called the FD and a janitor/engineer came to the room. At first, he didn't want to acknowledge the problem and said he'd have housekeeping come to clean it. I told him that wouldn't solve the problem and that we needed to move. I asked him if he couldn't smell anything at which time he agreed "something isn't right". I called the FD again and told them we needed to move and needed help with our bags. The bellman came up and said it was the worst smell he's experienced in a room during his 24 years at the hotel. We were moved to a Gulf View on the pool side which I believe is classified as a "deluxe" room. The view is very nice. The FD also sent us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a nice note apologizing for the inconvenience. We were very satisfied with the way in which it was handled.

At check-in, we were told that with Diamond status, we would have the full buffet breakfast in the Paradise Restaurant. We have eaten there the last 2 mornings - very good options - cooked-to-order omelettes or fried eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit, juice, coffee, etc.

The beach club is okay but no pads on the chairs and no umbrellas without an additional fee.

There is a daily fee to park a car - $10 for self-park and $14 for valet.

The pool area is very nice and very well maintained by the staff who often offer to pick-up trash and also offer complimentary popsicles to everyone. The pool empties-out after sunset but the concierge told me that it is open 24/7.

We were told by another guest that the hotel will be closed for 3-4 months this summer while the entire property is completely renovated. Along with room refurbishing, apparently the pool will be redone as well as the outdoor bar/restaurant and the Paradise Restaurant. It will be interesting to see the hotel next fall when it re-opens.

The employees are all very service oriented. We are having an excellent stay and we plan to return.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Renovation

Just curious if this hotel has re-opened since the renovation?

"Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa is currently undergoing a $40 million dollar transformation to bring our guests a completely reimagined best in class oceanfront experience. The Resort will be closed during the renovation, with a highly anticipated grand reopening this fall. We look forward to welcoming all future guests to our new Oceanfront Paradise, where an extraordinary tropical retreat awaits."

Considering bringing my family there in December. Seems like Diamond treatment is good ^

Last edited by AirD0c; Oct 21, 2016 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:51 am

Hotel has not reopened yet and new reservations are being taken from December 1st on. We love this hotel...especially the friendly, helpful staff...and had made a return Thanksgiving stay reservation last November which is still open. I've been checking with the in-house Reservation Manager often and, so far, they're still planning on accommodating the late November existing reservations. (The hotel Facebook page mentions a Grand Reopening date of December 1st but the plan is to have a "soft" reopening around November 14th.)

Looking forward to enjoying all the improvements and new restaurants...if so, I'll happily post our experience here!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:38 pm

Hilton Marco Island Report Re-Opening

I have a reservation at the Hilton Marco Island Resort using Hilton points for December 3-9, 2016. The hotel closed for renovations in June and was scheduled to re-open mid-October. Today, the Naples Daily News had an article quoting the hotel GM that "the date has been pushed back to roughly the first week of December." What happens if it doesn't open? Will Hilton try book me elsewhere? Offer me points because of the relo? Anyone have any experience in similar circumstances?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:31 am

I have a reservation to arrive on November 20th...have been checking with the hotel reservations manager constantly as my reservation has not been cancelled. Have been told to plan to come...they plan to have a soft reopening on November 14th...so you should be OK. Will post if anything changes!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm thinking of staying there at the end of December assuming it opens. I'd love to hear your experiences with the newly reopened property.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:44 pm

Will certainly do so! By the way, after I saw the posted photos from the Naples Daily News which showed the hotel looking like a war zone, I called down again today. I was assured that those photos were taken a while ago...the pool was filled yesterday, the plywood has been removed from lobby and the new restaurants will be operational by Nov. 20th...also the beach area and parking areas will be useable. They still plan to accept guests on Nov. 14th. There will however still be workmen on the premises.

Not sure what that means...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by freestay
Will certainly do so! By the way, after I saw the posted photos from the Naples Daily News which showed the hotel looking like a war zone, I called down again today. I was assured that those photos were taken a while ago...the pool was filled yesterday, the plywood has been removed from lobby and the new restaurants will be operational by Nov. 20th...also the beach area and parking areas will be useable. They still plan to accept guests on Nov. 14th. There will however still be workmen on the premises.

Not sure what that means...
Hopefully you have a backup reservation!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:41 pm

Update: Despite assurances on Friday that the hotel would be accepting guests on the 14th, I got a call yesterday afternoon that my reservation was cancelled. They moved me over to the Marriott...however, there's only a regular gulf-view room available and my reservation was for a 1 BR gulf-view suite with 1 and 1/2 baths...some other differences since, as a HH Diamond, I won't be getting breakfast or any other perks, points at Marriott. I was very mislead about several issues by the hotel and have opened a complaint with the Diamond Desk to make this more equitable.

Will let you know the resolution and also how the property looks when I'm there next week. They're saying now that they'll reopen on Dec 1st but ???
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by freestay
Update: Despite assurances on Friday that the hotel would be accepting guests on the 14th, I got a call yesterday afternoon that my reservation was cancelled. They moved me over to the Marriott...however, there's only a regular gulf-view room available and my reservation was for a 1 BR gulf-view suite with 1 and 1/2 baths...some other differences since, as a HH Diamond, I won't be getting breakfast or any other perks, points at Marriott. I was very mislead about several issues by the hotel and have opened a complaint with the Diamond Desk to make this more equitable.

Will let you know the resolution and also how the property looks when I'm there next week. They're saying now that they'll reopen on Dec 1st but ???
What are they charging you - are you paying the Hilton rate under your reservation or are they treating it like they are walking you?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:52 pm

No, apparently they negotiated with Marriott to honor the same rates...but the rooms are not quite comparable. Since Marriott cannot accommodate me with ANY suite, my rate is actually reduced by $50/night. (I'd rather not have the discount and have a suite instead of a regular room.)

Just FYI: the Marriott is also still undergoing some construction on the south end of their property, but they're giving me a high-floor room in the North Tower where I won't hear/face the noise. (The Marriott has already totally renovated their pool/lobby/spa/beach areas as it will become a JW Marriott in January.)

Not really happy about how this was handled or the change in room type, but too late to change Thanksgiving plans...on the bright side, the Marriott has more restaurant & bar options and a bigger beach...
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:06 am

Did they give you any indication when they would be opening? I have a res in Dec.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:55 am

The same reservation manager that assured me Friday that they'd be opening today said they're still opening on December 1st...personally I think the staff is instructed about what to say to not lose bookings and I wouldn't count on December 1st. The Marriott is right next door so I do intend to go over to the Hilton next week and check out the renovation progress...will post report around the 25th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.