Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Then we must have been walking in front of the Hilton at low tide - nothing but crushed shells.
Interesting - that was not my experience but it sounds miserable. But really try the beaches up the coast in Naples or Siesta. Amazing.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Marco and Sanibel were the only beaches we walked on - I'll have to try Fort Myers next time. There is something about the curve of the land that causes all the shells to gather. It is pretty, and interesting, but hard on your feet.
Sanibel is the same as Marco more or less but fewer shells near the water.

Sanibel has those nasty no see umm bugs.

If you want smooth sand go to Ft Myers beach ( at least it's smooth near the Wyndham, I'm not sure about in heart of FMB) or try Clearwater Beach, Indian Rocks beach, North Redington Beech ( my Favorite and an awesome Doubletree on the gulf) or Madeira Beach.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
http://www.hiltonmarcoisland.com/

Hotel is currently closed due to a fire and flooding from sprinkler activation.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
http://www.hiltonmarcoisland.com/

Hotel is currently closed due to a fire and flooding from sprinkler activation.
And there's no set timeframe for their reopening. Originally they had posted that they'd be accepting reservations again starting June 30, but when I checked online for the reservation I have there starting July 4, there was a banner that said to contact the resort. Emailed them Friday and got a quick response, but they're working through reaccommodating people in order of upcoming stays. Supposedly early July stays will be contacted next week but I'm still doing my research on other places to book.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: DL Silver & HHonors Diamond
I was told yesterday that they will be closed until the end of July. Hilton is in the process of reaccommodating us (small conference) to another property.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
My reservation just got cancelled with no offer for an alternative. Hotel now closed until 31 Aug
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:31 pm

So sorry to read about this...and I wouldn't count on getting truthful or accurate updates from the hotel! Last year, when they had renovation reopening delays, the staff was dishonest up until the evening before I was due to arrive for Thanksgiving...then (when it was too late to cancel) promised that I'd been moved to a comparable suite at the Marriott when they had actually changed me to a run-of-the house twin room. Luckily Marriott was as accommodating as they could be.

After contacting the Diamond Desk, hotel management was profusely apologetic and asked for another chance...so I booked there for this coming Thanksgiving! Now I am really quite unsure that the property will open by November!!! So would appreciate those with fall reservations posting any new information about actual reopening...and wish you all good luck!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:35 pm

I was hoping if the worst situation came that they would have offered to book us into the Marriott but absolutely nothing and when emailing the hotel the response was very cold. I know it is out of their control however I would have thought that they would have tried to accommodate guests into alternative properties.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:45 pm

That is what makes me suspicious that this property may not ever reopen...it is owned by a large hotel group in Florida and the hotel staff are kept in the dark as to the real facts and instructed not to give out information. Usually the local Naples media is a better source but they've printed no updates since 6/15.

Really so sorry that they did not offer you another venue!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I went back and read that blurb about the original fire - minor fire damage, minor sprinkler damage. WHERE was it? In a restaurant? Rooms? where? It just sounds so suspect that such MINOR flooding damage could cause such a delay - water is water...it dries out! Even if you have a fire in the kitchen, why do you have to close? We stayed there 4 nights, ONE we ate dinner in house - there are all those restaurants across the street and elsewhere on Marco Island.

Just sounds bizarre, especially after spending all that time and money on a renovation.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:33 pm

Supposedly the fire started in an electrical room on the 9th floor and then the water damage was discovered a couple of days later as a separate incident and several guest room floors were damaged from sprinklers??? Not sure if there was still ongoing construction of new penthouse suites near where the electrical fire broke out. The insurance company must be investigating before paying out for any restoration. I do feel sorry for their long-time staff...this will be the second summer that they've been laid off.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
My reservation just got cancelled with no offer for an alternative. Hotel now closed until 31 Aug
Ours too...they said they were mailing me a certificate for a free two night stay. That won't do me much good, as I'm not going to make a trip there from Ohio just for a two night stay. I've stayed quiet on the social media hubbub around this one but the customer service has been absolutely terrible. How about being proactive and letting people know rather than making them find out for themselves?

Not to mention that mine was a prepaid reservation and heaven only knows when I'll see that refund!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:29 pm

Wow we got offered nothing in compensation.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:45 am

I'm not exactly holding my breath to see this certificate magically appear. The agent said she put it in the mail on Sunday, 6/18. As of now, nothing but crickets in my mailbox.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:58 am

News update

http://www.marconews.com/story/news/...sed/428453001/

What is slightly annoying is that when my reservation was cancelled there was no mention of a certificate however Hilton are trying to make that right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.