Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by writetorich
$1200 is not just the "festive week"-- It's most of the winter season.
There has been tremendous wealth created in this country the last 15 years.
There are more Hedge Funder,and wealthy people who work for Private Equity firms than rooms.
And even the lowly --- ( compared to private equity and hedge funders ) Am Law 200 equity partner lawyers and Investment bankers are willing to pay that.

It's a function of supply and demand.
The market price is what a willing non coerced buyer is willing to pay a seller who is not in distress.
And that is $1200 +for a basic room.

But I'm happy getting in for $400 and even as a diamond will seek a paid step up for a nicer room.
I think you are missing my point. I don't think Marco Island is worth that much. I know the value of our property there has increased significantly, but the value proposition, unless you are with small children who are not interested in dining, etc, is simply not there. Both the Hilton and the JWM are very basic middle-class hotel properties.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:25 pm
qed

Programs: American LTG, Bonvoy G, Hilton LTD
I agree that the Hilton and the JWM on Marco aren't Michelin star level establishments. I'm happy that the points rates don't skyrocket in season like the cash rates do. The Hilton in Aruba might be a little nicer if you're looking to burn points and Aspire credits.
writetorich likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:56 pm

FINBISTRO

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think you are missing my point. I don't think Marco Island is worth that much. I know the value of our property there has increased significantly, but the value proposition, unless you are with small children who are not interested in dining, etc, is simply not there. Both the Hilton and the JWM are very basic middle-class hotel properties.
http://www.finbistro.com

A friend who went recommended this family run seafood house.
I'm not expecting Per Se in the Time Warner building,
But I'd have to think that a locale with Rich retirees with nothing but time and money on their hands has decent restaurants. What else do the well heeded local have to do beside Golf, Eat and watch a certain News channel?
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yeah, Fin Bistro is nice enough. In NYC it would go unnoticed, but on Marco…
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:23 pm

Youtube video from this past August , 2021

Well, here is something not management provided.

I have no financial interest with either Youtuber or anything they offer.
I am posting it as recent third party video

FROM 2020
BELOW

The suite is unimpressive

Last edited by writetorich; Mar 6, 2022 at 10:29 pm
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Painful.
writetorich likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
http://www.finbistro.com

A friend who went recommended this family run seafood house.
I'm not expecting Per Se in the Time Warner building,
But I'd have to think that a locale with Rich retirees with nothing but time and money on their hands has decent restaurants. What else do the well heeded local have to do beside Golf, Eat and watch a certain News channel?
How was your stay? Did you try out Fin Bistro or Doreen's? What was your experience at the hotel restaurants/bars in the hotel/at the beach/pool?

We're headed there in a couple weeks, and are quite curious, as it will be our first time to Marco Island.

Thanks,
--woodstock
DC9 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:38 am

Can anyone comment on staying here with 2 babies?

Wife and I are expecting twins any day now and are looking to bring them somewhere warm in Nov or Dec 2022 so they would be around 6 months. Points wise, the 1 King Bed Partial View is most reasonable for my stash of points.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by thrillhouse763

Wife and I are expecting twins any day now and are looking to bring them somewhere warm in Nov or Dec 2022 so they would be around 6 months. Points wise, the 1 King Bed Partial View is most reasonable for my stash of points.
Lovely, twins. (Mine will be 8 in June ) Don't underestimate the amount of work it is. Honestly I don't think we took a trip with them until they were two, and they didn't get on a plane until 3.5 or so. But this is not the twins forum

We were at this place just before covid. It looks like every room has a terrace, which would be nice with infants. And the beach is calm (watch the sun.) I think it would be fine. And good luck!
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:26 am

trip report

This is an abbreviated trip report.

6 nights stay in March. Single Dad with a10 year old.
Room - Very good to excellent ( stayed on the11th floor)-- can’t comment on regular rooms
Front desk & Bellhop -- Very good
Location- Excellent
Pool area- Good. ( nicely heated)
Pool service-- (“what is service, exactly”) Horrible
Beach - Excellent
Beach concession ( umbrellas and chairs)-- Horrible. A joke. The worst ever. A hassle and stress dealing with them every day. Also
No food or beverage service at the beach. In theory, it is offered at the pool. ( But I was unsuccessful )
Parking- NA
Service- Not “bad” , just literally “no service for the most part” kinda like an AirBnb stay. However in fairness my limited interaction with staff ( when you saw one) was pleasant and they were friendly and professional. ( Except for the Beach)
Housekeeping --Very nice. But I tipped daily.
In room dining -- This has resumed. So another place for bad food.
Food in the hotel-- Horrible . inedible . It was an effort to use the $30 daily credit. Towards the end of the stay we went to a place across the street for a paid breakfast.

Walked along the beach and had lunch here one day. Solid seafood.
http://www.sunsetgrilleonmarcoisland.com/
Lunch and Dinner menu was the same.

Went to
Mango’s on the Dock for dinner. Excellent. Maybe an $8 uber ride
https://mangosdocksidebistro.com/

Walking distance from hotel ( five minutes) https://www.latavolarestaurantandbar.com/
Nice dinner

Better breakfast than hotel. Also a 5 minute walk.
https://marcostonewalls.com/

The steakhouse and Italian across the street were serviceable and palatable.
If you have the same number of kids as adults dining , restaurants will be reasonably priced, (because inexpensive quality kids menus will offset adult prices)
Avoid the steakhouse,---- good steak m, charges as if it is an amazing steak----
but the Italian is decent and less expensive

It was very difficult to flag down a server at the pool. And one time I did , he said his shift was “close to ending” and he was focusing on closing out his tab and declined to get me a draft beer.

Clientele -- surprisingly and markedly mid western. These guests had no problem going to the bar and standing in line to get their drinks. The same with food. I asked another guest how their poolside pizza was and she replied for poolside pizza is pretty good , but it took 75 minutes to come.

If you walked to the marketplace and ordered yourself , it took 15-20 minutes.

Important ALL food no matter where or method ordered comes from the same kitchen. They have one kitchen. Don’t say I did not share this with you.

I found Pepperoni Pizza edible . And nothing else.
Many people had coolers at the pool.

Would I go back???
No.
The only redeeming quality is that it was "family friendly". But I would not go back again even as a family. If you are a couple or solo , avoid this place
Oh and Joey's Pizza was ok but cold after the almost 90 minute delivery. Don't bother -- and $32 for one pie -- no beverages, just a pie. Joey's pizza is a drive. Not walkable. But they deliver to Hilton. apparently with a lot of extra fees.
Doreens , we were told was a guaranteed 60-90 minute wait. And you have to drive. How could can eggs be?-- we did not bother.--- Stonewalls , just across the street was decent for breakfast and got the job done.

Last edited by writetorich; Mar 29, 2022 at 6:45 pm
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:59 pm

stay away --- Look at the five below options

duplicate post

Last edited by writetorich; Mar 28, 2022 at 8:01 pm Reason: duplicate post
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:00 pm

stay away - five options below

Originally Posted by thrillhouse763

Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach--- far from South Beach
Naples Hilton
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Just curiosity--
what attracted you to the Hilton Marco Island?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:01 pm

Baker's Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach--- far from South Beach
Naples Hilton
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Just curiosity--
what attracted you to the Hilton Marco Island?
I have unfortunately been stuck with a Sun Country Airlines credit for the last two years that was going to expire yesterday. I also have a lot of Hilton points. So I needed someplace reasonably close to an airport that Sun Country consistently flies to and is on the ocean.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:15 pm

Rich- apologies since i was one of the people here who recommended this place to you. Sorry it didn't work out.
ExpatSomchai likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:32 pm

Absolutely no need to apologize

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Rich- apologies since i was one of the people here who recommended this place to you. Sorry it didn't work out.
pauleeepaul - Absolutely no need to apologize. You are in no way responsible and it was not that bad. And even if it was that bad , This is a community where we share our opinions freely in good faith which is what you did. I have long valued your contributions to FT
My Kid had a very nice time ( which is ultimately what I care most about) and the weather was great! Beat spending the week in NYC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.