Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:12 pm

Try again on property tomorrow - hopefully the A team will be on site during the day shift. If they are not amenable then call diamond desk and ask for a referral to Guest Assistance to open a case. Save all records and documentation - booked room type, etc.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
What is a Be My Guest certificate?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
What is a Be My Guest certificate?
Free night awarded following a complaint. I have a feeling the OP might be getting another one shortly.

Surely they can see what the original booking was on the system and that they have manually upgraded it themselves. Bizarre if they can't.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:08 pm

According to an old post, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9434261-post50.html,
BMG's are good for Standard rooms only and cover room and room taxes only. Be prepared to pay the difference in rate between a Standard and Upgraded room if you request one.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:15 am

Be My Guest-haven't received certificate

We had a problem during a recent stay at a Hilton Hotel. At checkout we were told we would be issued a Be My/Our Guest certificate for a future one-night stay at a Hilton Hotel. As I have a reservation for a Hilton stay for next month I would especially like to use the certificate for part of that future stay. Call to the HHONORS desk reveals no certificate in the system nor in the mill to be processed.

Any recommendations on who I should contact (problem is that the original stay was at a hotel which is overseas and has no email address listed as a POC, nor do I suspect a phone call would be quickly understood).

Should I just suck it up or...................

SAS
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
1. Reach out to our FT HHonors new rep Lauren, see if she and her team can help.

2. Remember, the certificate is only good for a standard (least expensive room), if you booked anything higher, it will not apply. Best to book a room at the best available rate (able to cancel without penalty), and then advise the hotel you are paying with a BMG certificate.

Good luck. ^

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Jan 5, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:37 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Happy to look into this for you, steve-o if you want to PM me with your information (reservation #, HH #).

Hope to hear from you soon!
Lauren
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:53 am

Be My/Our Guest

Thank you for volunteering to assist me. Although I've been using Flyertalk for 15 years or so, I'm ashamed to say I have never used PM within Flyertalk. While I try to figure out how to PM you, where can I separately find your email address? I have a note all prepared with the pertinent details.

Thanks
Steve
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by steve-o
Thank you for volunteering to assist me. Although I've been using Flyertalk for 15 years or so, I'm ashamed to say I have never used PM within Flyertalk. While I try to figure out how to PM you, where can I separately find your email address? I have a note all prepared with the pertinent details.

Thanks
Steve
Steve, all you need to do is click on the members name to the left of the post and one of the options is to send a Private Message. Of course this is presuming you are on a PC. Not sure if the mobile steps are different.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:05 am

PM

I think I've got the PM figured out; just had to close my eyes and think, and I remembered how to do it, as I've previously sent PM on Flyertalk.

Detailed explanation with details are on their way to the HH Ambassador.

Thanks again
SAS
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:35 pm

Half way there, so far--Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica

Thanks to all those who responded to my initial post, finally I was contacted maybe 3 weeks ago by the Manager of the Rose Hall Hotel; she asked for some further details especially the name of the manager who made the initial offer (oh BTW, the person who made the initial offer was the manager who was calling me). Shows me that nothing was inserted in her daily logs.

HOWEVER, to date I have heard nothing further, despite her telling me for a second time that she would forward me a Be Our Guest certificate.

Guys at HH Honors and/or the hotel I realize you just got over the Xmas rush, but let's get on with it. You very easily ruined my day at the hotel, can't you complete your end of what was promised.

SAS
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
... Best to book a room at the best available rate (able to cancel without penalty), and then advise the hotel you are paying with a BMG certificate.

Good luck. ^
I received my first BMG cert as a result of a stay where I checked out on 1/1. The BMG cert came via snail mail postmarked 1/5. So that part went well. I just wanted to mention that the instructions that came with the cert suggest making the reservation itself by phone and to notify the reservation agent that you will be surrendering a BMG cert as payment.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Correct, you must book a BMG certificate via the telephone, but beware:

1. Make sure the certificate is good for the brand you're booking. Many BMG's are brand specific, while others may be used for ANY portfolio brand. The HHonors CSR may not know this and make the reservation only to have it refused at check-in by the staff because the certificate is for DoubleTree only and you reserved the Conrad, Hilton, etc.

2. Trust, but verify. Once the reservation is made, follow-up with an email to the property, include the reservation number and that you will use a BMG certificate as payment.

I recently made a multi-night reservation for the WA Amsterdam, emailed the GM and attached copies of the BMG certificates; he responded back and confirmed they will honor these certificates as they were for ALL brands.

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I received my first BMG cert as a result of a stay where I checked out on 1/1. The BMG cert came via snail mail postmarked 1/5. So that part went well. I just wanted to mention that the instructions that came with the cert suggest making the reservation itself by phone and to notify the reservation agent that you will be surrendering a BMG cert as payment.

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Jan 20, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks for the tips, fozziedoggie. (Gotta believe there's a good story behind your handle. But I digress...)

My cert says it's good at any Hampton Inn property so I won't be getting a free night at any fancy resorts but could find it very handy when I need a midweek night somewhere -- probably before an early flight or after a late night arrival. It's good until 2/28/17 so I have plenty of time.

I hope the OP's issue has been resolved.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:49 pm

Can you put a suite points upgrade on a Be My Guest stay? Conrad brand, if it matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.