Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I read this thread and my question was not answered there. Other folks asked too, but I never saw an answer. Thanks for the link, though.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Ritz
Much appreciated to the recent OP for resurrecting this thread! I have 2 of these BMG certs from a sub-par stay at the HHV last year, and didn't even think to do a tried-and-true FT search on the topic. to me, lol.

In any event, yes they do definitely still award them, as I received my 2 certs last October. I'm trying to plan the best use for them since they're only good on US properties - and I live within an hour of NYC, so those properties are out.

All the posts above reference BMG certificates valid at any Hilton in US. I just got one which says it is validat at 'any Hilton Hotel Worldwide'. Is this new? Are international hotels familiar with them? And is it valid at other chains outside US also (eg Doubletree, Waldorf Astoria)? I have written to Guest Services for clarification, will let you know if I get a response.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
All the posts above reference BMG certificates valid at any Hilton in US. I just got one which says it is validat at 'any Hilton Hotel Worldwide'. Is this new? Are international hotels familiar with them? And is it valid at other chains outside US also (eg Doubletree, Waldorf Astoria)? I have written to Guest Services for clarification, will let you know if I get a response.
Wow - this is certainly new to me, lol. I can tell you that I originally had intented to use them at a Hampton Suites (of all things, lol) and had Guest Services arrange the reservation - and yes, this particular location in NJ had no problem accepting the res directly from HH Guest Services. So presumably, as long as Guest Assistance makes the res for ya, properties other than Hiltons will accept them (on a case-by-case basis). However, I can't speak to international non-Hilton hotels.

By the way, for clarification, I ended up cancelling the NJ Hampton Suites res and using them at the Back Bay Hilton in Boston ...talk about value -
2 nights base rate of $450 each - upgraded to a top suite with a base rate of $850 per night. 2 nights = $1700 + taxes (all covered by the 2 certs), which were originally awarded for an unpleasant, albeit OK stay at the HHV (where the nightly paid rate was $225). I am a very happy camper
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:57 pm
ttw

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Hilton Be my Guest Certificate

Tried searching on the FT but nothing recent which answers my question.

I received a Hilton Be my Guest Certificate from Guest Relations following a really bad stay at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole. The certificate is good for 1 night free at any Hilton property worldwide before expiry at the end of July 2010 and details my name on the certificate.

Unfortunately due to other commitments I am not going to be able to use this before its expiry and it seems a waste to use it at an average property when someone could make maximum use at a premium Hilton property.

I thought about letting someone else use it but has anyone had experience of using one of these in someone else's name?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:46 pm
alc

If you haven't yet, I would suggest call Hilton helpdesk and see if they can extend the exp date. I don't think you can transfer it if the cert have your name on it, but you can always try call hilton helpdesk and/or the hotel that you will book to see if you can make special arrangement.

Regards,
alc
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
make the reservation in your name & then add the name of the person you are gifting this to....the they will be able to check-in & use the stay without you....
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:30 pm

How long does it take to receive a "Be our guest" certificate after customer service has notified you you'll be getting one? It's been 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm wondering if I need to follow up.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:10 pm

Using a Be My Guest Certificate?

Customer service emailed us that our certificate would be good at "any Hilton family hotel worldwide". On the physical certificate, however, it says "any Hilton Hotel worldwide". We were hoping to use it at either the Doubletree Suites (for two people only) or the Hilton Garden Inn in NYC. I assume this won't be allowed even though those properties are cheaper than the Hilton Times Square and (often) the Hilton New York?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mareh
Customer service emailed us that our certificate would be good at "any Hilton family hotel worldwide". On the physical certificate, however, it says "any Hilton Hotel worldwide". We were hoping to use it at either the Doubletree Suites (for two people only) or the Hilton Garden Inn in NYC. I assume this won't be allowed even though those properties are cheaper than the Hilton Times Square and (often) the Hilton New York?
It is really up to the specific property as to whether they would accept it or not. They usually will. However, I would not count on it. Give the hotel where you are wanting to stay a call and as a Front Desk Manager first before planning on using the card.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
So can someone confirm that you can book a stay like you would normally do and then they will take 1 night off the bill upon checking out? Or do I have to call before making a booking to say that I will be paying by cert.?

Does reward or certificate stays count towards next tier?

The Guest Assistance has offered me one today: "Guest Assistance would like to offer you a Be My Guest Certificate that you can use at any Hilton property worldwide". It is valid for 1 year.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stiwi
So can someone confirm that you can book a stay like you would normally do and then they will take 1 night off the bill upon checking out? Or do I have to call before making a booking to say that I will be paying by cert.?

Hi there,

I have used 2 BMG certificates. Both times, I mentioned it to the reservation agent and they took down the details. I am not sure if it was necessary, but it may have helped in expediting my check in. Why not just mention it?

Note: The certificate only applies to a STANDARD room. If you book anything other than standard, they can refuse you use of the certificate. They seemed to be pretty strict on this. When I checked it using the BMG, the manager had upgraded me to a corner room - not even a suite. My original reservation was for a standard room. Before the assistant manager was able to check me in, he had to confer with the manager to ensure I was allowed to check into a corner (ie - upgraded) room using a BMG. The manager confirmed that it was OK since I booked a standard room.

In my experience, I did receive stay credit for the night.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

The Guest Assistance has offered me one today: "Guest Assistance would like to offer you a Be My Guest Certificate that you can use at any Hilton property worldwide". It is valid for 1 year.
the certs are only for standard rooms so i would let the agent know during booking that i want to use the certificate....

they will count towards tier qualification....
Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for your responses.

Originally Posted by mareh
How long does it take to receive a "Be our guest" certificate after customer service has notified you you'll be getting one? It's been 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm wondering if I need to follow up.
In my case the cert arrived 1 month after they informed me about sending it. By the way, it arrived through Fedex in A4 envelope containing one, mostly blank piece of paper

The cert says it is valid for "any Hilton worldwide". Have someone found out if it is valid for Conrad and Waldorf hotels too?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:13 am

Thanks for your responses.

In my case the cert arrived 1 month after they informed me about sending it. By the way, it arrived through Fedex in A4 envelope containing one, mostly blank piece of paper

The cert says it is valid for "any Hilton worldwide". Have someone found out if it is valid for Conrad and Waldorf hotels too?
Thanks. It did finally come and my certificate has the same wording as yours. For what it's worth, another Flyertalker told me that they literally meant "Hilton". In other words, I would have to first get permission from guest assistance before using it even at a "lower end" property like a Hampton Inn.

Last edited by mareh; Nov 15, 2010 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.